5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a 2nd grader
I bought three historical books for my 10-year old (5th grader). Since he has book reports every month, I wanted something that would be an easy read. However, this series is not for his age. The books are terrific, but my 7-year old got the most benefit from them. She is not an avid reader, however she didn't want to put them down until she finished.
Published on March 3, 2011 by Homeschool Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars find another resource
Published on October 22, 2010 by J. Nevarr

1.0 out of 5 stars find another resource, October 22, 2010
This review is from: Time For Kids: Benjamin Franklin: A Man of Many Talents (Time for Kids Biographies) (Paperback)
Although the description says this book is for 9-12 year olds, I would put it more at a 3rd grade reading level with large print and simple sentences. My 12 year old would be offended if I assigned her this book. Although it does present good information, I'm annoyed that the author devoted space to telling us how Franklin fathered a child out of wedlock, and then shacked up with another woman and had a few more children (the woman's husband had left her and she didn't know where he was so she couldn't legally get a divorce, so she couldn't marry Franklin). Is that really necessary to include in a book that only has room for the most important parts of his life - a book which is aimed at 3rd and 4th graders? There are better resources. I like Poor Richard by Dougherty. Although that book isn't one that 3rd graders could read, it's an excellent read aloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a 2nd grader, March 3, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource or my classroom!, January 9, 2013
I love anything by Time
For Kids. This is a wonderful addition to my classroom library. The children love this series of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben, June 4, 2006
A Kid's Review
Ben Franklin was a very talented man. His inventions were great! I think everyone should read this book. It has great information and illustrations too. All kids can learn a great deal from this most accurate information of Benjamin Franklin's greatest accomplishments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 6, 2007
Benjamin Franklin: A Man of Many Talents is well written and easy to read. The book quickly covers many of the important events from Franklin's life. The artwork is relevant and colorful. This book will make a great addition to any family's or school's history library!

4.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, December 12, 2013
I would have given this a five except that I have only used it one time but it worked exactly as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, October 18, 2013
We've been reading this book and it's excellent. My son really enjoys them and we've all learned so much about Benjamin Franklin. The book is educational and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biographies for kids are edutainment, April 3, 2013
These are more fun than just reading history book entries. Interviews add timeliness to life of someone who lived in the 1800s.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice book, May 16, 2010
I am very pleased with this biography series. I found the information to be in a format that is very usable for young people. There is a lot of good information, in a nice format, at a good price.

ARRAY(0xa1226744)

Time For Kids: Benjamin Franklin: A Man of Many Talents (Time for Kids Biographies) by Editors of TIME For Kids (Paperback - July 26, 2005)
$3.99 $3.59