5.0 out of 5 stars Its a great "Time For Kids", January 18, 2008
This review is from: Time For Kids: Harriet Tubman: A Woman of Courage (Time for Kids Biographies) (Paperback)
These "Time For Kids" biographies are a great way to get kids interested in some of the United State's most prolific historical figures. They are inexpensive, and they include a number of great illustrations that will capture a child's attention. As a middle school Social Studies teacher I highly recommend this series of books to anybody who is looking to get a kid or kids interested in history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harriet Tubman: Woman of Courage, March 11, 2008
My 3rd and 4th grade gifted students found this book informative and thought provoking. It was an easy read yet the concepts gleaned created the opportunity to conduct a Paideia Seminar using this text. I would highly recommend using it to encourage discussion and higher level thinking about slavery and, beyond that, what it means to be courageous.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book with lots of detail, March 18, 2013
I homeschool my children and I purchased this to go along with our Harriet Tubman unit. This was a wonderful book. It had more pages than I had expected, which was nice! I loved how much detail was throughout the whole book! Each picture had descriptions that go along with the page I would read the page then read the description and talk about the picture. This held my childrens interest through the whole book. I was definitely impressed with how informational the book was, it explained Harriet Tubman in a way that my children could understand. Time has other books like these and I will definitely be ordering more.

4.0 out of 5 stars who helped the slaves?, February 23, 2005
This is a kids biography of Harriet Tubman. We learn a lot about her in this book. She helps lots of slaves escape slavery with the Underground Railroad. She always stood up for what she thought was right. She had a lot of courage. She knew that if she ever got caught she would be beaten but she continued to help others.

The book was not too long and not too short. It contained the right amount of information for kids.

I would recommend this book to kids who are learning about the black history, slaves or the Civil War. I learned a lot from reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, May 16, 2010
I found this inexpensive book to be very well done. It is a good resouce for younger kids but older ones would find it useful. I liked the format of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by my 8 year old so, January 12, 2014
I read this book in two days. I think it is really good. I liked the part where she helped in the war.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time For Kids: Harriet Tubman, October 11, 2008
The Time For Kids series is great. I have used many of their products in the past and this selection is wonderful. Kids love reading the information and looking at the great pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeschool material, good stuff, March 11, 2014
Great book. We used it for homeschool. It did a wonderful job of explaining the Underground Railroad. It is long. We read it over a few days.

Time For Kids: Harriet Tubman: A Woman of Courage (Time for Kids Biographies)
Time For Kids: Harriet Tubman: A Woman of Courage (Time for Kids Biographies) by Editors of TIME For Kids (Paperback - January 4, 2005)
$3.99 $3.59