5.0 out of 5 stars Energizing, invigorating, rythmic and divine !
Published on May 22, 2000 by Margaret Mann

3.0 out of 5 stars I got the cd on time. BUT all of ...
I got the cd on time .BUT all of the songs was not on it.
Two of the songs was not on here.
There was one that I really wanted and that was [Hold on a change is comming [F . Roger Trotman ] it was not even on
there when I looked at it it was but when I recived it it was not.
I was very DISOPONTED about that .VERY UNHAPPY .
Published 2 months ago by O'Neal Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Energizing, invigorating, rythmic and divine !, May 22, 2000
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
The text and rythems on this wonderful CD have inspired me time and time again to get up, move on and rise above and beyond my own limits. I really think this is what the artists wanted and that is exactly what they have acheived - at least with me! The text is deep, wise and loving, while the music is soothing on some numbers or invigorating like a sparkling, fresh shower on others.
I thank the artists behind this musical creation for working together to make a great CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Addition to the Group's Discography, August 29, 2001
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
Like the ensemble's three previous albums, "A Time for Healing" features uplifting grooves, a marvelous blend of old and new, brilliant instrumentation, and harmonies that truly are heavenly. Director Gary Hines and company expertly excel on cuts like "Hold On (Change Is Comin'"), a song that owes much to the music of the late Roger Troutman, "Love Will Never Change," a mellow and compassionate tune, "God Cares," a song that should be an anthem for the faithful, and the title cut. The more traditional offering, "We Are Gonna Make It Through," soars with majesty and power while the group "gets down" with remakes of the classics "Love Train" and "You Can Make It If You Try."
The best cut, however, is "So Far Away" which begins with an awesome trumpet solo and then jumps into a Calypso-flavored rhythm featuring a sample of the 60's hit "Girl from Ipanema." One can't stay seated when hearing this one.
Notably missing is Ann Nesby, soloist for many of the group's first successes, as well as the producing team of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Hopefully, the trio will return for some future musical endeavors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb melodies which are very motivational and inspiring., June 16, 1998
Jacqueline Norville (Barbados, Caribbean) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
This is the first Sounds of Blackness album I've ever heard and I thought it was GREAT. Their melodies are lovely and the words very inspirational - such as God Cares and You can make it if you try. Everyone who hears these messages should really try and take them to heart.
I also like the modern feel to their music which does not at all detract from the messages of their songs. In fact, I believe this should help to draw more people to listen to their songs.
Great work guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is Healing Time in the soul of our spirit!, August 10, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful compilation and the title is most appropriate. There are many forms of music here from a Sly Stone remake, You Can Make it if You Try to a soul stirring God Cares. There are real spirituals, and upbeat inspirationals here. The radio version of Hold On, Change is Coming is only a preview of the CD version with its reggae flavor and both versions are included!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold On, March 16, 2000
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
The debut of this album opened with "Hold On" change is coming... which became inspiring even to secular radio listeners which says a lot in itself. Only a few songs in the history of radio and gospel music have been able to make that claim. The content ministers to everyday life situations and the feeling thrusted as a result and it inspires one to deal with them through hope for change. The overall theme is to seek and find the peace and calm even while in the storm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, But Not As Good As The Others, June 7, 2002
Marilyn Lang (Huntsville, Alabama USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
Sounds of Blackness is well known for R&B/gospel hits such as "Optimistic" and "The Pressure" as well as many Negro spirituals. The group's first 2 CDs were the ones that brought them the most fame. In their third CD, "Time for Healing", they somewhat stray away from what they usually sing. It is possible to mistake them for a straight-out R&B group. There are great hits like "Hold On (Change is Coming)" which is my personal favorite. They also do remakes like "Love Train". I really wish that Ann Nesby was on this CD, but she decided to go solo. Oh well. That's how the music business is, I guess! Even though the group loses many great things that they had from the other CDs, it is still a great one, and I recommend it to any Sounds of Blackness fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic Group, February 5, 2003
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
The Sounds of Blackness has always been an eclectic group. They originally started out as a choir from Macalester College. The group evolved into a community choir and into the group we all know and love. In the past, the "Sounds" performed many secular songs from the black experience (i.e., "Sir Duke", "God Bless The Child" as well as sacred songs such as "Jesus Christ is the Way" and "Steal Away"). So often, vocalists are pigeonholed into singing only certain styles of music. I, personally, sing the entire spectrum. However, the message must be good and the music melodious! In fact, I am a former member of the "Sounds," so I know of what I speak!

5.0 out of 5 stars glad to get it, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
Out side of the wait (mail), when I did receive it, it was everything I was looking for and I play it on Sundays after Church. looking toward get some more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique style of gospel, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
This CD is awesome because the music is different and the words in he song are clearly understood. Some songs are fast paced while others are mellow. Even songs that are replicas of other artists has a positive uniqueness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Time for Healing (Audio CD)
It's wonderful music. However, the liner notes are so angry at white people, that I felt so guilty being a white person. Really liked the music though.

Time for Healing
Time for Healing by Sounds of Blackness (Audio CD - 1997)