5.0 out of 5 stars Presidents book

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the Bias
Published on January 30, 2009 by Jean in GV AZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Presidents book, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 8 year old grandson for Christmas. My daughter reported to me that this book was a huge hit with him. He has not put it down yet. He is continually reading about the Presidents and sharing what he reads with his family. His school has assigned a report on a President for President's day and he is so excited about writing it now that he has this resource. The design of the book is very well done--one page per president with color pictures of the president and a short bio and facts. He can read this book himself and does so before bedtime. My daughter said it was a super selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for Kids: President of the United States, April 13, 2008
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
My son took this book to show at his Wolves (Cub Scouts) den meeting. Everyone loved it including the parents. It is very informative and it is easy to read. I would recommend this for everyone who is interested in the history of the Presidents of the United States.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the Bias, January 30, 2009
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 8 year old grandson, but I am returning it. I wanted him to be informed, not endoctrinated. I.e., "Reagan thought that if the rich spent more money, it would 'trickle down" and help all levels of the economy, so he lowered taxes on the wealthy." Reagan's tax cuts were for ALL levels of income and brought about an era of prosperity that lasted until the policies of the Clinton administration brought it down in 1999. And, "The President (Clinton) ...worked to improve health care in the U.S. The U.S. is the only modern nation in the world that doesn't provide health care for all of its citizens." Some would say this is a GOOD THING. Also says, Clinton was not found guilty of "illegal charges." He lost his law license because he lied under oath and was found guilty. And, on and on. Don't buy it. Teach your kids the truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffe table book for 1st graders!, June 1, 2008
MMM (Delaware) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
What a great book!! My seven year old loves this book - lots of facts and pictures. We read one president a night!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on the Market!, August 11, 2011
Donna H "GrammyD" (Louisville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
The whole series of Time for Kids books is an excellent collection for children of all ages. They are all well illustrated, well written and remarkably free of political bias. This particular book would be an excellent textbook, and is a must-have for the homeschooled and charter school students.

This book brings the presidents to life with facts about their personal and political lives. Our home schooler loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars very educational, October 20, 2009
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
I bought this as a present for an 11 year old boy.
He truly loves it and likes all the facts about the presidents.
Don't expect too much tough its not a big book just a magazine size one with great facts for kids who like to learn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for kids who want to know more about Presidents., December 5, 2010
Steve Kern (The Colony, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
Bought this for my 8 year old son. He LOVES it. Carries it around with him last summer and read it nightly for weeks. He still continues to pull it out and read it. He has memorized all the Presidents and even their political party they belonged too! He loves to talk about the fact that he has learned in the book, and I have to admit I have learned quite a few things myself! Great introduction to the Presidents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Grandson, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
This was a gift for my Grandson who lives 3 hours away. Not the most favorite Christmas gift.Just hoping it will trigger a Love for more knowledge about Presidents of the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
I got this for my Grandson who is so interested in out history of the Presidents, Its a perfect gift and he loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational, March 18, 2013
Jane (Tampa, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States (Paperback)
My niece is studying the presidents of the united states in school - 2nd grade. This book is very detailed and easy to understand for their level of reading.

Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States
Time for Kids: Presidents of the United States by Editors of TIME For Kids (Paperback - December 26, 2006)
$7.99 $7.19