5.0 out of 5 stars TIME carries Richie's signature sound into mellineum, July 16, 1999
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
On TIME, Richie further updates his songwriting virtuosity with some subtle, yet effective hip/hop sampling on the swaying opening track "Zoomin'." While "I Hear Your Voice,""Touch," and "That's the Way I Feel" express his delightfully saccharine romantic feelings, "Forever" and "Time" sound near flawless. "Someday" offers a smooth, slow bassline over Richie's low, cautious, yet seductive deliver. Finally..."Lady". Although Kenny Roger's version remains priceless, since Richie wrote the song, this is how it was originally conceived by him. Superb Album. Aspiring Romantic vocalists near and far take notice, and learn from this master.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Hidden Gem, July 25, 2006
L. HARRIS (Detroit, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
I have been a Lionel Richie fan for about 30 years or so. I was searching for something new and found this music that has been out for a number of years. I did not know of it till recently. Lionel doesn't get nearly enough airplay anymore. I loved listening to every song on Time. It was older than what I had hoped but, I was not disappointed that I purchased it unheard. If you love listening to Lionel, you'll enjoy it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this one @}->---, July 21, 2006
Little Miss Cutey (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
Lionel Richie is so talented. He's written countless hits and sings soulfully and smoothly. He's a classic artist and one of the best around.

This cd I still listen to often. It's got some upbeat songs and some great ballads. I especially love Lady (that he wrote but never sung until now - Kenny Rogers did that). Also is Stay, The Closest Thing To Heaven and Eveytime. While there were no major hits on this cd, it's still great (if not underrated) and I love it. It's for all Lionel fans and R&B fans alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Time" for a change!, December 20, 1998
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
I love all kinds of music - from classical to gospel to jazz to rock to r&b to selected heavy metal. I'm very particular about what I listen to - I don't buy music with obsenities and depressing lyrics. I do like songs that have a positive outlook on life, an uplifting feel, words that give you inspiration, courage and a chance to make things right. We've come to a stage of music that has all started to sound the same. Some of the music consists only of swearing, cursing, etc. Some of the songs can't even be understood. It's refreshing to know that their are still some artists out there with a talent for providing us with a mixture of positive and uplifting songs. Lionel Richie is one of those. His timeless music is an inspiration and even though sometimes classed as "schmaltzy" it's a change from the some of the music going around today. His wonderful voice still delivers his songs with unmatched emotions that could make your knees go weak. Thank you Lionel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Zoomin'..., November 17, 1999
Bete Noire (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
Without trying to recapture his past glories,Lionel Richie moves on with the...'Time'-a very solid effort showcasing a great singer/songwriter.Check out the groove in 'Zoomin',or the great guitar in the title track;he even reclaims 'Lady'making this record one of the most tasteful R&B releases of 1998.

5.0 out of 5 stars He is Back as Him Self!, September 21, 1999
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
This is Lionel Richie the way we came to love his music. Richie, this CD shows that you can progress musically while at the same time maintain your musical identity. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lionel Richey is in a class of his own., March 3, 1999
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
I have always enjoyed listening to Lionel Richey's music. I just love the song called "I hear your voice on the CD. It is one of my favorites. I would most definetly recommend this cd to anyone that is in too ballads. And Lionel sings with so much feelings. I am glad that I am buying this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, July 5, 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you as for, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
No computer made cover the case wasn't broken love the cd I will be using you again thanks for such great service .

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, January 8, 2008
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
Love his music! I was missing this cd and found it at amazon. A little upbeat as well as slow jams. Great Great music!

Time