4.0 out of 5 stars This Book Extends Your Life !!!, April 9, 2008
L. J. Oja (Thunder Bay , Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time-Saving Tips for Teachers (Paperback)
You have other things to do, and should not have to re-create the wheel. There was much of my 25 years of teaching that was used in this way, and a book like this early on in my career would have helped me save literally hundreds of hours per year.

You should make sure that your library has this work, and it is made available to teachers. One hour with this book will literally pay you back with 100 hours of saved time.

This is an excellent resource, but as a secondary school teacher some of the material will NEVER apply to me. However, there were other items of interest that I should attend to, but do not. The book literally had shortcuts and efficiencies listed for things that I do not do, but should do. In this sense, this book was a very welcomed, and surprising resource.

Some of the reproducible masters were not completely consistent with my school, but they gave me ideas and a beginning. It did not take me long to whip up my own work, and I must confess that this book gave me the idea. Again, more efficiencies, and a savings of more time.

I would think that if you are an elementary school teacher, this work should apply to your everyday with even more applicability than mine. I need to discuss this with my sister, as she teaches elementary.

The mathematics of efficiency was something which I agreed with, and it hammered home the idea that there is a job, and it is certainly possible to get this done quickly.

For perfectionists, the first chapter is for you, and I hope that the words will release you from your self-imposed prisons, and give you thousands of hours of your life back to you.

So many teachers are intensely motivated, and spend considerable time at their respective tasks. This book will quite literally give you more and more of your life back to you, and your family. It has taken me many years to discover this fact, and I do not want you to take a decade or two, arriving at this rather simple conclusion. This book will take you from that realization to the fullness of a life, coupled with the teaching.

Maybe you don't need to read every chapter, nor study it intently, but I assure you that with only one hour of inspection, you will save a ton ot time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for all teachers., November 6, 1998
By A Customer
This is an excellent book for all teachers. As a 35 year veteran teacher I found many new time saving ideas. My two favorite sections: 1) plans for substitutes, and 2) grading standards. New teachers might find the filing system suggestions an excellent way to manage all the paper.

Time-Saving Tips for Teachers
Time-Saving Tips for Teachers by Joanne C. Wachter (Paperback - May 30, 2003)
$31.95