5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that quality films do not need huge budgets, December 5, 2007
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
I watched this movie with my wife, and I, in general, I really do not like too many independent films. I thought Deep Water and Blair Witch were ok (or maybe a little worse than ok...), but there was nothing really to them. Based on my expectations of this movie, I thought it started a little slow. It turns out that this pace was critical to the movie. I ended up REALLY liking this movie, and must say that it is now one of my favorites. It has the depth of "The Fountain" but not as abstract. There's also a scene in there that had me rolling on the floor laughing (I won't ruin it by describing the scene). The big studios should learn from this film. Special effects don't make a movie. A great story presented well does not need big budgets, big name actors, and big studios (and big studios with big name actors and big budgets don't necessarily produce good movies... <cough>Gigli<cough>).

I give it two thumbs up, and would really recommend this movie to people looking for a GOOD QUALITY movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Micar Productions does it again, February 10, 2008
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
Michael Carvaines does it again this time with a romantic film. Finding a lasting relationship in todays world can be hard and Time and Tide shows that is true. Great acting paired with a catchy score make this indie film hard to resist. A very unique and artistic way of showing past and present love affairs shown with flashes from past to present keep you interested from start to finish. Don't be turned away by the independent film tag because anyone who liked heave hitters such as Garden State or The Notebook will love this one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little movie!, January 31, 2008
Salty Star (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
This is a cute/funny movie about love and dating. I like it because I live in LA and the movie is full of cool landmarks like Disney Hall. It's also a great date night at home movie because it's light-hearted and all about finding the love of your life. For an indie film it's well made and the acting is suberb. Definitely check it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, January 17, 2008
Fred (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
This is a wonderful thought-provoking film on relationships that is geared toward the 20-30 somethings. You really do not see this subject-matter enough with films. My wife and I really loved it!! It's a gem that I would suggest to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great original score, very well done!, December 28, 2007
Johnny C (scottsdale, az United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
I first saw this film at the Cleveland Independent film festival back in the fall of 2006, and really enjoyed it. The directing is very good, as well as the lead actor. I think Chris ( who plays the part of Rob ) is very, very good and has a bright future. As mentioned before, the music is all original, which also makes it very unique. Highly recomended!
You can now rent it on Amazon and Netflix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time and Tide is a combination of a fun date movie and a bit of "Swingers" like guy flick., December 7, 2007
Dean S. Tripodes (Pasadena, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
Time and Tide is a combination of a fun date movie and a bit of "Swingers" like guy flick. When Rob (Christopher Heltai) is talking on the rooftop with one of his buddies, he goes over the dilemma of how do you know when a relationship is over or if "this is it". Rob asks if there is one person out there for us or many? I think many of us can identify with that - most of us had a high school sweetheart or a college girlfriend/boyfriend that if paths had gone differently, you could have married down the road.

It's great seeing Rob's character go through the ups and downs of the different girls he has dated in the past and tries to determine whether or not the beautiful Christina (Nadia Angelini) is the girl for him. She is such a great match for Rob, and has you rooting for her throughout the movie.

Great scenery of many vintage spots in Los Angeles too. Locals will recognize cool bars and locations throughout. Two thumbs up for Michael Carvaines and his latest film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Date Movie!, November 29, 2007
Jacob Brody (Hollywood, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time and Tide (DVD)
A funny and honest look at modern love. "Time and Tide" features amazing cinematography, great acting, and beautiful women. It is a more dramatic version of "High Fidelity" shot in a non-linnear style. Great original songs fill the soundtrack, making it a very original and unique American independent film.

Time and Tide
Time and Tide by Michael Carvaines (DVD - 2008)
$24.99 $10.65