5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly durable
Published 23 months ago by Barbara Perez

3.0 out of 5 stars Great timer, until it breaks...and it WILL break!
Published on December 28, 2010 by asocialb

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly durable, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
I've had this timer for just over two years now and it has been used and abused by my four year old twins and still works! It's also solved countless problems. Anytime they're fighting over using the same toy/computer/anything, I get out the timer and they have to take 5 or 10 minute turns. I also bought the 8-inch timer for use at work, and can tell you the difference, besides size. The 8-inch one has one quiet two-beep sound when the time is up - just right for an office environment. The 12-inch one has four loud two-beep sounds when the time is up - good for home. The 12-inch one would be too big & loud for an office. The 8-inch one would be too quiet for hearing over the noise at home. If you ever think it is broken, check the batteries. If the timer is knocked over the batteries sometimes shift out of position inside the battery case. They just need to be pushed back in position and it should work again. Another time, I thought it had stopped working because it wouldn't make any noise when the time was up. Turns out one of my kids had turned the sound on/off switch (in the back) to the off position. It is quite light and may at first seem flimsy but has turned out to be surprisingly durable. I also wish the black plastic frame was made out of a nice wood so it looked better, but that is a minor complaint compared to its functionality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great timer, until it breaks...and it WILL break!, December 28, 2010
asocialb (Beverly Hills, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
I used this for about 9 months. It worked really well to teach my children how much time they had to get ready for school in the morning. I paired it with a visual schedule I made of what they needed to do. Well, my 6 year old knocked it off the shelf a few times and now it gets stuck at 20 minutes. The red part is very flimsy and starts to warp. I've heard LOTS of complaints about how easily these break because we also use them at the elementary school I work at. They break all the time. At this price, I won't be replacing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time!, May 7, 2010
Margaret (North Port, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
I am so glad I purchased this wonderful piece of genius. I have a 3 yr-old with autism and the numerous situations in which I need to use this througout our day are too many to even list! I have it hung up on the wall so it can be seen from nearly every room in the house. It is also portable and can stand on its own (legs in back can be pulled out) so you take it to anywhere it needs to go to keep things on time and moving along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product for assisting students visually with time management, December 30, 2009
puppypal "puppypal" (Oxnard, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
This timer was purchased for an elementary school. I also recommend it to parents though there is a similar smaller product depending on your needs. It is outstanding visual time reminder during testing situations. We often use these timers to stimulate students who are overwhelmed with where to start their work. It gives them a visual to see that they only have to work a certain amount of time before a preferred or alternate activity is given. At home, it would serve as a visual reminder to young children and to children with special needs. It also has an audible alarm so it serves two functions. Besides, I even like to use it during meetings to make sure I don't just keep on talking. Well worth the purchase price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time Timer rates A+ for teachers, September 13, 2009
NanReads "teacher" (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
This Time-Timer is great for the classroom where students are always asking how much time is left of class. This device helps students and the teacher budget their time better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morning Routine Magic, October 6, 2014
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
My children needed help grasping what 10 min really meant. After seeing this timer in a teacher's classroom I thought it was worth a try. We've been using it for about a month and it has really helped. No more multiple reminders or yelling during our morning routine. They're actually starting to "beat the clock" now. I set it for how long they have to eat breakfast, brush teeth, put lunch boxes together, and time till the bus comes. We've been using it to get ready for soccer games and other activities too.

Some have mentioned that it seems cheaply made. The outside edge is a hard plastic and it has two legs for it to stand up or it can be hung on the wall like a clock. The face and timer/slider are made of thinner plastic. It is important to remember this is a tool not a toy. If you let your kids play with it, it won't last as long.

This timer was well worth the money and has helped our family. I would recommend it to anyone that needs a visual cue for kids to know how much time is left in an activity or before its time to go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Time Timer Faulty Out of the Box, June 17, 2014
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
This timer's alarm never worked, from day 1 when we took it out of the box. We used it for about 2 weeks, though, without the alarm, and abruptly, it completely stopped, never to work again. Because it was >30 days since we had ordered it from Amazon, we could not return it. It was a total loss likely due to poor manufacturing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Time Timer Audible 12 inch, February 20, 2010
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
The timer is good. Large enough to be seen in a large room. But the audible should be a little louder and the beep should last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
the kids love this. they get a kick out of it. i would recommend geting the 10 inch though. this one was bigger than i thought

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 8, 2014
This review is from: Time Timer, 12 Inch (Kitchen)
Good visual timer for kids. Good size.

Time Timer, 12 Inch