4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad.
Published on February 8, 2008 by Bob

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Omissions
The straw that broke the camel's back for me was that the magazine cover highlighted 3 stories including one about Walter Cronkite. But the Kindle edition of the issue does not include the story. I can forgive (but not love) the lack of graphics, but when the cover stories aren't even included, then I wonder what I'm paying for.
Published on July 24, 2009 by J. Cole

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Omissions, July 24, 2009
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars The missing illustrations aren't quite the problem, July 13, 2008
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
Well, I mean, yes they are, if that's the sort of thing you like. What creates a problem for me with regard to the artwork is that there are numerous times where the text will refer to an illustration or chart that isn't there. That's the part that bugs me, because the effort to digitize the whole magazine for the Kindle overlooks the fact that once in awhile you may NEED the accompanying artwork. Tables, for instance, are converted to text and are basically unreadable unless you really want to study them.

Time also has a quick overview of events (it's called "Pop Chart") of the week which are laid out on a scale from "Shocking" to "Shockingly Predictable". We get this scale as a list, so we don't really get the feel for the scale itself.

But graphics aside, you do get the entire magazine and a good depth of coverage on some of the bigger issues that you wouldn't get in a daily newspaper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huh?, February 27, 2010
G. Conrad (North Hollywood, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
Even with low expectations I was still disappointed in this. And now a price increase??....$36 per year for the inferior Kindle version, or $20 per year for the full color physical magazine with photos and illustrations? Huh??

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad., February 8, 2008
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
No, it doesn't have the beautiful Time photographs. Yes, it is a weekly magazine. No, the kindle version lacks shiny glossy pages you can thumb through. It does, however, contain the great articles that Time is known for. I have actually found that I'm more inclined to read it cover to cover than I would be if it had the photos to distract me. At the price (roughly 38 cents an issue) it can't be beat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Electronic Version Ever, November 22, 2007
Kindle Customer (Orlando, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
This is a rather embarrassing electronic version of Time Magazine. There are NO pictures, no charts, no illustrations. Instead whenever you run into an article that has these in any decent amount, they've inserted an entry telling you to go get a PDF or print version. The salvation here is that their MOBILE web site at least has some images (even if impossibly small) and seems better formatted and organized. It looks and feels like some cheap RSS reader collected this rather than being an electronic version of the magazine. To fix it they should include all major article pictures, along with a full-screen copy of the cover. Time without pictures, is like the Braille-edition of Playboy. No wonder it is just $1.49 a month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Passable - but not good enough for a price hike, February 27, 2010
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
Time has addressed some of the concerns previous reviewers have brought up - there are no more truncated articles, and there are occasionally a few pictures with the articles. The writing remains diverse and interesting. I find that the lack of charts, ads, and huge picture spreads allows me to better focus on the writing, and the messages the authors wish to convey.

However, it still lacks a table of contents. I still feel that some articles are missing on occasion, although I don't have a print edition to compare it to.

So, for a $1.49 a month magazine (just under the price of a print subscription), it's decent. But at $2.99? Nearing double the price of a print subscription, with all the color pictures and charts, and knowledge that you are, in fact, getting the whole text of every article published? Just not worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Disappointed, Lack of effort - Please add some photos!, January 10, 2009
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
I have been subscribing to Time magazine for 10 years now and I just recently bought my Kindle and was excited to subscribe to the Time magazine Kindle edition. I flipped through the issues and saw no pictures at all. I was really disappointed by the lack of effort on the part of Time magazine. I can get the exact same content on the web for free. Why should I spend money and get text without any pictures? Even Reader's Digest Kindle Edition made the effort by adding pictures. If Reader's Digest can add pictures, you can too! I know the image quality on the Kindle is poor, but at least add some pictures or graphics to spice up the Kindle edition.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Pictures!, December 31, 2007
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
I cancelled this subscription the moment I saw the first "issue". It's more like a text-only download of the magazine. I was severely disappointed at its implementation. Initially I had hoped to transition my physical magazine subscription to the Kindle, but I like the graphics and format exponentially better than the Kindle version.

1.0 out of 5 stars No images? No Subscription! Why if you have better free options with images inside?, January 29, 2010
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Subscription for the Kindle and my first thougth was "This is a joke, really?"

Common. I can live with my daily newspaper without images but i think its still a shame in 2010.
But the Time Magazine without images? Thats just a joke, sorry.

Whats next? Comic books without images? Bestseller without text?

First i have to pay less then for the paper magazine. Ok. But that doesn't have to mean make it useless.
In my eyes better raise the price and make it a real good experience then this. Its a shame and if i would
be responsible at the Time Magazine i would reconsider it to stop the whole thing. Better then presenting this
awful mini text "thing".

By the way if you use the free program calibre you can get better newspapers with images and the program can also
deliver it by email to your kindle. Fur US residents i think for free worldwide costumers will have to check their
whispernet fees for me in germany its 0,99$ / Megabyte. Thats ok.

Seriously i have to pay a reasonable price for the most newspaper subscriptions and as a non US Resident i even
have to pay more and then i get most of the newspapers without images? That makes me feel a little bir angered.

Images could raise the file size dramatical i understand but you could always shrink them by lowering quality and
size - thats possible. Even free tools as calibre do it on themself so it should be possible.

By what i can read here it seems that even US residents doesn't get the images so i think its legit if i say my
1 star rating should also warn you US resident out their. At least for the Time its not even worth to try it out for
free (sadly enough). Better try calibre news feeds and create your own magazine with pictures inside and maybe
spent the money on whispernet data transfer then subscription. (you can always upload your files for free by USB but
thats not the same kind of comfort).

1.0 out of 5 stars What??, May 11, 2009
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
I initiated the free trial and after searching and searching through the Times 100 issue I realized the bulk of the cover story discussing the Times 100 was not included in the Kindle edition!

Time