4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad.
No, it doesn't have the beautiful Time photographs. Yes, it is a weekly magazine. No, the kindle version lacks shiny glossy pages you can thumb through. It does, however, contain the great articles that Time is known for. I have actually found that I'm more inclined to read it cover to cover than I would be if it had the photos to distract me. At the price (roughly...
Published on February 8, 2008 by Bob

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Omissions
The straw that broke the camel's back for me was that the magazine cover highlighted 3 stories including one about Walter Cronkite. But the Kindle edition of the issue does not include the story. I can forgive (but not love) the lack of graphics, but when the cover stories aren't even included, then I wonder what I'm paying for.
Published on July 24, 2009 by J. Cole

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon increases Time price, February 27, 2010
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
I don't mind reading Time without pictures and I have enjoyed the articles, but Amazon just doubled the subscription price. Sure, since I am already a subscriber, I can get 6 more months at the $1.49 per month, but I am afraid that this is just the beginning. I understand that everything goes up in price, but I have only had a Kindle for 2 months and I didn't expect such large increases in book and magazine prices so soon. I guess I am too naive.

3.0 out of 5 stars As of this writing the Time Kindle edition costs a lot more than print!, March 6, 2010
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
I don't read Time for the pictures, so I like Time's Kindle edition just fine. However, as I write this Amazon's price for Time's print edition is $20/year vs. $35.88/year($2.99/month) on the Kindle. The Kindle price was a reasonable $17.88/year($1.49/month) when I started. I currently have many subscriptions to magazines, newspapers and blogs on the Kindle, but since Amazon is raising the price on many of them, I will cancel when the price hikes go into effect(that means bye bye Time magazine) and keep just a few instead of 20! Yeah, addicted I know, but the price is getting too high to keep so many. I hope Amazon will rethink their price increases.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's TIME for a 5 star rating, March 13, 2010
C. Green (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
It's TIME (sorry) to give the mag a 5 star rating .......

I received my 22 Mar 10 Kindle issue 2 days before the paper version showed up in the mail ..... ALL the articles were present in the Kindle version ......... ALL of the major article pictures were present in the Kindle version ..... MOST of the sidebar, secondary, smaller pictures out of the print mag were included in the Kindle version ...... you get a full page shot of the cover ..... and a TOC comparable (but not exact) to the print version .......

Color? .... no, but then you know that .......Fold it up and shove it in your back pocket at the airport or park? ...... no, but then you know that ...... I believe it takes a bit longer getting used to reading mags on the Kindle then paperback books ......... size, gloss, pictures, etc .......

Price? ..... yes it is a bit more than the print version .... I guess it doesn't matter to me as much as it does to a number of other users ........ it is still less than you could buy it off the news stand ....... and if you are not at the subscriber address .. i.e. flying, out-of-town ..... I consider the effortless delivery to my Kindle (where ever I am ) worth the money ......

All in all a very good ebook translation folks .........

1.0 out of 5 stars dont like it, August 23, 2008
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
too abbreviated. also no pics or charts. looks like Time did a very minimalist job on this project and made themselves look bad in the process.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Quick, February 17, 2008
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
They are not going to win any design awards for the implementation, but the content is simple and quick to read. I use it as a supplement to my printed subscription of the magazine. I commute via the subway, so for me it's really handy to have the articles available on my Kindle.

The Good: Quick and simple to use.

The Bad: Don't expect this version to replace your printed or online experience. Time's photos and graphs really enhance the stories... they currently are not a part of this version.

2.0 out of 5 stars What have I been missing?, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
Stupidly subscribing to this online magazine since January 2011. At a price 75% higher than the print edition, I might add. But it was convenient to find it on my Kindle every Friday and even though the formatting of some articles is pretty brutal, I just accepted it as something to be improved upon...eventually. However, after finding out that there was a special Bin Laden edition released dated May 20th 2011, I began to wonder "what else have I been missing?" Goodbye Time e-edition.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Raise in Price Lowers the Value, September 20, 2010
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
Now that the price of the Kindle edition has been raised to $2.99, this product is no longer worth it. I could live with the absence of the pictures from the print edition. It's not as though they would have reproduced well on my Kindle 1 anyway. I was also OK with the fact that the Kindle edition does not include all of the articles from the print version. A subscription on the Kindle wasn't much cheaper than a print subscription, but that was fine. But with the raise in price, a Kindle subscription is ~$36 annually. You can get a print subscription for only $20. Why pay more for an inferior product?

2.0 out of 5 stars You CAN beat the price, May 30, 2011
Pat Hales "BookieMD" (Chesapeake Bay country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
Bob, don't know where you learned the "new math", but at 2.99 a month the Kindle version is 69 cents an issue. I recently renewed my paper subscription and at $20 annually, that one is 38 cents an issue. And it has all the pictures and charts, etc. For my money, the Kindle version just isn't a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Kindle magazine, February 1, 2011
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
The price increases of newspapers on the Kindle (NYT, Bos Globe, Financial Times, USA Today...) has become unacceptable and the Economist, while a great news source, is also overpriced on the Kindle. Time Magazine has strengthened it's content during the past couple of years and the addition of Fareed Zakaria was a home run. The Kindle edition has enough graphics for my needs and the content is exactly that of the hard copy magazine. I enjoy the variety of topics and the in depth cover stories. Time is a very good weekly news, culture, and entertainment source and I tend to read it much more when on the Kindle...virtually cover-to-cover. The cost of $2.99/mo is fair. The New Yorker & Time are my two Kindle subscriptions and well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Time magazine is NOT the paper version, February 19, 2008
This review is from: Time (Kindle Edition)
I always appreciate the reviews from others that Amazon provides. I think that like most people we tend to look at the extremes in view when in fact, like most things, the quality of a given thing is usually somewhere in the middle. No, this Kindle edition is not the paper edition with colorful pictures, advertising and needless fluff. Another reviewer found fault with Time magazine in general and decided to voice those complaints against this Kindle edition. If you don't like Time magazine then by all means don't read it, but don't take it out on the Kindle edition when in fact you don't like Time magazine at all. It is what it is, and I think we all pretty much know what it is, a well established franchise like McDonalds or Burger King, it tastes the same everywhere; and if you are happy with a convenient, portable electronic edition of Time magazine which can be read on the go, then you'll be happy with this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›