1,997 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, but...
Like many of the other readers who have ventured to write a review of this book, I found it to be a fascinating read, one in which I literally could not put down the book until I realized it was well past my usual bed time. The subject of time travel, backed-up with just enough (if not too much) scientific reasoning to support the belief in its eventual or imagined...
Published on November 29, 1999 by Admanc

3.0 out of 5 stars A typical Crichton fun-ride
Let's face it... Michael Chrichton is never going to win the Nobel prize for literature. But for pure escapist reading, he's hard to top. And who but Chrichton could make scientific and technological subjects not only interesting, but even fun, for all us technophobes out there? TIMELINE (complete with a bibliography containing 80 references on the Middle Ages and...
Published on December 27, 1999 by JLind555

‹ Previous | 1181 182 183200 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A truly average book., February 9, 2001
The Reader (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timeline (Mass Market Paperback)
No doubt, the author thoroughly researched the 1300's and quantum physics. He does a fine job of displaying his knowledge. However, the book lacks any real depth. We never really get to know the characters. The action scenes lack any umph! The book reads like a movie. For once, I think the movie will be better than the book. And you know there's movie around the corner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin it, May 7, 2000
This review is from: Timeline (Hardcover)
This book is the best Michael Crichton book ever written. Of course I've read them all, and I'd say he gets better over the years. My old favorite was Disclosure, then Airframe, then Timeline. Quantam mechanics is one of my favorite studies, and is mentioned in the book. The ending is very exciting and the epilogue is the best ending for Crichton ever. I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different for me, but loved it, April 30, 2010
Mimi (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timeline (Paperback)
I typically don't care for anything in the sci-fi genre but loved this book. A real page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars An exquisite book, January 17, 2000
matt s (San Diego USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timeline (Hardcover)
I don't know about all of you who only gave the book timeline two to three stars. This book presented many advanced ideas that helped to make the theory of inter-universal time travel believable. Timeline is a must read, not only for it's historical depictions, but also for it's spellbinding story. It left me extremely fulfilled. Keep Reading.

1.0 out of 5 stars Michael Crichton at his Worst, December 23, 2004
This review is from: Timeline (Mass Market Paperback)
I am a big fan of Michael Crichton's novels and have liked all of them, so it came as a surprise how bad this novel is. The story starts out very interesting like all his work, but after few chapters it goes downhill. Each new chapter gets worst than the previews one. By the end of the book I was hoping for something good to happen, but nothing ever did. I'm still amazed how Michael Crichton put his name on this atrocity. It should have been called Timecrap.

Avoid at all costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best since Jurassic Park!!!, October 10, 2000
This review is from: Timeline (Hardcover)
A fabulous ride!!! I read 1 or 2 books a month and this is the best one I've read this year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Way Better than the Movie, July 14, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Timeline (Mass Market Paperback)
Don't see the movie, but read the book- not a big crichton fan either, but liked this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Made For TV, November 29, 1999
This review is from: Timeline (Hardcover)
One of my favorite authors has let me down. Timeline has the characteristics of a made-for-tv movie. the book seems shallow and poorly thought out. I've read a lot of science fiction, and this book's storyline has been done better by others. I look to Crichton for an innovative and gripping story. This isn't it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm with Haschka, March 8, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Timeline (Hardcover)
Joe Haschka's review hit the nail on the head. Disjointed and pompous, and the characters are utter cyphers. Blathering dreck with an incredibly disappointing ending. What happens to Andre? We'll never know. And "the Professor"? The one on Gilligan's island had more personality. Dreadful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bevana's review, April 5, 2008
Bevana (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timeline (Audio CD)
I purchased this for my husband and he loved it. We've now ordered the DVD.

‹ Previous | 1181 182 183200 | Next ›

Timeline
Timeline by Michael Crichton (Hardcover - November 16, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.01