Top critical review
35 people found this helpful
What I wish I had known
on May 18, 2013
This product is working great with my 9 year old who struggles with memorization due to a processing disorder. We have been working on Part one for a few weeks, and we have made so much more progress than ever before! Plus, dare I say it - she's having fun!
* Includes flashcards - one set with "picture" hints, one regular
* Includes a dice game (you cut and fold the paper dice)
* No need to purchase other items - everything's included!
* Number/picture representation stays the same. For example, the 3 will always be a butterfly in every story - other products like this one change what each number represents, making it a little more confusing. This was the main reason I chose this book over others like it.
* leaves out the 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, 11, 12 tables. I wish I had known this! That's more than half of all the tables!
* Spiral bound charts are extremely difficult to turn without tearing. This may seem like a small issue, but it drove me up the wall!
Glad we are using this system, but we will have to dream up creative stores on our own for the "missing" tables.