5.0 out of 5 stars CD Representing the life of a true rock poet!
I reviewed this CD first in December of 1998, when I was still a new and becoming Stevie Nicks fan. I have had years to reflect and list to everything this woman has done. This CD is full of Nicks' solo hits, as well as a couple of new tunes (well they were new when this album was put out in 1991 anyway!)
Stevie Nicks, the quintessential Queen of Rock, released...
Published on July 30, 2002 by Chris McLeod

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - But Not A True Representation of Her Work
"Timespace" is a solid collection of Stevie's hits from Bella Donna thru "The Other Side of the Mirror," but it omits some of the lesser-known album cuts that are superior to many of the songs here. Stevie is always at her best (at least in her solo work) when she plays the role of wronged lover and she is out to even the score. "Stop Dragging My...
Published on July 23, 2003 by Gregg Hillier

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Representing the life of a true rock poet!, July 30, 2002
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
Stevie Nicks, the quintessential Queen of Rock, released TIMESPACE : THE BEST OF STEVIE NICKS in 1991 (not exactly her prime time in the music business) With her multi-platinum success with Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist, juggling both was not always easy for Stevie, but her millions of adoring fans are what helped her make it through (the drug addictions, weight gains, all of it!)
In the booklet of this CD, Stevie explains each song, so that no-one can be confused on the meanings of these songs. This is a great and must have album for any Stevie fan, or anyone at all for that matter. Standout cuts are the poetic and deep "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You?" - The rock ballad "Edge of Seventeen," her famous duets of the early 80s such as "Leather and Lace" with Eagles frontman Don Henley, and "Stop Draggin My Heart Around" with rocker Tom Petty. "Beauty and the Beast" is a soft and emotional ode to former lover Mick Fleetwood. "Stand Back," as always, is a great upbeat song, great for driving!
"Talk To Me," one of Stevie's biggest solo hits, is upbeat and an awesome tune. "Rooms on Fire" tells her fans where Stevie stands as the 80's end. "Desert Angel," is a deep song written for the troups in the Persian Gulf War. All in all, every song has a story, and every song on this CD is worth plenty of listens! DO NOT hesitate to buy this Cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best of the best of Nicks' early solo albums, May 6, 2004
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
If you want a collection of the best songs of Stevie Nicks from both solo career and her glory days with Fleetwood Mac, then you will have to put it together yourself (which, of course, is not that much of a problem in these modern times). If you are looking for the best songs of her solo career then you might as well save yourself the effort and just pick up "Timespace: The best of Stevie Nicks." These fourteen tracks provide ample proof that when she is good, Stevie Nicks is very good.
When Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1974 they made the new and improve group the most popular band on the planet. Hit singles like "Rhiannon" and "Dreams" made Nicks stand out from the rest and in 1981 she recorded her solo debut album, "Bella Donna," which hit #1 on the Billboard album chart or the strength of duets with Tom Petty ("Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" #3) and Don Henley ("Leather and Lace") as well as her hard rocker "Edge of Seventeen (Just Like the White Winged Dove)." Three other solo efforts followed: 1983's "The Wild Heart," 1985's "Rock a Little," and 1989's "The Other Side of the Mirror." Those four albums make up the source material for "Timespace."
Nicks had almost a dozen Top 40 singles from those four albums, all of which feature her distinctive voice (I want to describe it as almost a Janis Joplin type of voice without the hard edge, but that seems so woefully inadequate and I cannot come up with anything better). Not all of her singles are here, with both "After the Glitter Fades" and "Needles and Pins," the other duet with Tom Petty, from her debut album missing. But of course you have her highest charting single, "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," and the gorgeous "Beauty and the Beast," with the wonderful piano bridge by Roy Brittan. "Stand Back," "Edge of Seventeen" and "Rooms of Fire," represent her hard rock side while "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You" offers another look at the softer side. There is also a "new" track to start off the album with "Sometimes It's a Bitch," co-written by Jon Bon Jovi.
While there is room to debate a few of the songs (I can replace both "Love's A Hard Came to Play" and "Desert Angel" with better tracks), I think there is agreement that the very best of the best of Stevie Nicks is here. If you do not have a Stevie Nicks album in your music collection, then this would definitely be the single CD to pick up to rectify that error.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magical music., October 28, 2003
H3@+h "Over 1500 reviews!" (thanks for the helpful review votes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
I think I'm in the minority of people who like "Stevie Nicks" just a little more than "Fleetwood Mac". Maybe because I grew up in the 80's. Anyway, this is a great collection, and off the top of my head I can't think of any of her solo songs missing. This includes "Talk To Me", "Rooms On Fire", "If Anyone Falls", and "Edge Of Seventeen". Plus it has "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" with "Tom Petty", and "Leather And Lace" with "Don Henley", two of the best duets I've ever heard. Another moving song is "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You", which makes my wife cry every time. Overall it's 14 wonderful tracks that sound as good as she looked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stevie takes us into her magical timespace!, October 21, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
An excellent collection of Stevie's work. Some of the tracks have been given an additional polish through some subtle re-mixing by Chris Lord Alge (for dance fans: I don't mean remixed as in a new production, i mean the original masters re-mixed down in the studio). The young and foolish will finally realise where that guitar riff in Destiny's Child 'Bootylicious' came from (from Stevie's Edge of Seventeen), and where the current dance hits Rooms on Fire by Europa XL and Stand Back by Linus Loves owe their songs!
What makes this collection stand out is the wonderful sleeve notes in which Stevie tells us about what inspired each song, where she was in her life at the time, and any special anecdotes. These make the songs come alive even more. There are some magical and moving stories, such as the explanation behind Rooms on Fire.
For the person who said I Can't Wait sounds like a dentist's drill gone mad...well it's always sounded as frantic, with that rattling percussion. This track has not been altered in any way for this compilation. It's a very energised rock track that was also played in the clubs (there was a dancier remix at the time, by Steve Thompson, unfortunately not yet on any CD compilation I've seen).

5.0 out of 5 stars Timespace:Best of Stevie Nicks, April 17, 2000
Fuchsia (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
I just bought this album at Goodwill along with The Beatles 1967-1970 for only 50 cents so it must have been my lucky day! I had never heard any of Stevie Nicks solo songs before purchasing this CD although I have always loved her songs with Fleetwood Mac(Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, Dreams, and Landslide are Fleetwood Macs best songs) I have always loved her beautiful voice and her witchy, romantic look and I was not disappointed with Timespace. I would probably give it five stars just for Beauty and the Beast and Edge of Seventeen but the whole album deserves five stars. Leather and Lace, Draggin my Heart Around, Room on Fire ect ect these are all great songs. I recommend this album to anyone who loves great music and I especilly recommend Beauty and the Beast and Edge of Seventeen because those are the two greatest songs I have ever heard.If you only want to listen to two of her songs try those and you will be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicks hits package rocks, June 6, 2006
John Seger (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
Every major artist eventually releases a "best of" disc. For a true legendary artist like Stevie Nicks, I feel the best way to listen to her music is to hear her full albums as well as her 1998 3 cd box set, "Enchanted," as Stevie has more to offer than just her top 40 hits.But as an introduction to her solo work, or for fans to easily crank up her well known tunes on one disc, this is an excellent disc to own.Stevie Nicks has that one of a kind voice that cannot be duplicated, and her poetic cryptic writing is infectuous.Her biggest solo hits from the 1981-1989 period are all included here, including the top ten singles, "Talk to me," "Stand Back," "Leather and lace(with Don Henely)," and Stop draggin' my heart around(With Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)." Also included are her top 20 hits "Rooms on fire," "If anyone falls," "I can't wait," and the classic metal grooved, "Edge of seventeen."Three fan faves, "Beauty and the beast," "Has anyone ever written anything for you," and a remixed version of "Whole lotta trouble," are also here, as are three bonus tracks, the best being "Operation Desert Angel," on which Stevie wrote about the Gulf war. The other two bonus tracks were not written by Nicks: "Sometimes it's a bitch" was penned by Jon Bon Jovi, and "Loves a hard game to play" penned by Brett Michaels of Poison, aren't terrible songs, but they also aren't the wonderful magical stuff the Queen of Rock can crank out on her own either.Those two songs were suggested by the record label to help push Nicks into the 1990's airwaves, and that plan didn't work out, as when both of those songs were released as singles to promote this package, they failed on the charts. That was enough to convince Nicks to follow her crystal visions and her 2001 top 5 comeback album, "Trouble in Shangri la" proves that fact.Still, this is a solid 5 star release that should be in every cd collection. This is the stuff man!! Stevie Nicks is one of rocks all time best(and my personal all time fave artist), and this solo compilation proves that fact easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the Witch, October 17, 2002
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
I couldn't resist the title because for a time she liked to be called The Witch, and she would dress the part in concert. I love her husky voice. Admittedly not for everyone. I also like that she can write music and songs. Pretty, sings well, writes well. What a resume.
Let's keep this review uncharacteristically (for me) simple, for a very simple reason. This CD has a 16 page booklet explaining in glorious detail the background of each song, who performed, who wrote the song or music, and some other sometimes interesting ramblings. So what can I add to the detailed explanation? It's interesting to know you've got 10 minutes of potential reading if you are interested in the gory details of how the Stevie discovered or wrote the song.
This collection is one of the rarities of rock, the true greatest hits collection. This collection has (to the best of my recollection) every one of her hits to crack the top 10 from 1981 to 1991 (7 total I believe), the year of release, plus a few other gems and lesser hits.
If you like Stevie, you'll love this CD. Once you have it likely you'll have all the Stevie you need, unless you just have to get more of that voice, in which case you'll have to go buy the albums, or Fleetwood Mac.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock Goddess of the Century, March 10, 2006
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
I have owned this album since it came out in 1991, it is still one of my favourite, that I listen to today. since her days in Fleetwood Mac, she is one of the best rock goddesses of this century, songs such as 'I cant wait' which is my personal favourite, 'Edge of Seventeen, Standback, Talk to Me, Stop Draggin My Heart Around, Whole Lot Of Trouble, Leather and Lace, Rooms on Fire, If anyone falls, Desert Angel, Sometimes It's A Bitch' are the best songs on here. I like 'Beauty and the Beast, Love's A Hard Game To Play and Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You' as songs to listen to when going off to bed before sleep only, otherwise they are on the skip button, they are nice songs but are better to wind down to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timespace is Timeless, July 29, 2000
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
I have only been a devoted fan of Stevie Nicks for about four years. Timespace was one of the first CDs that I bought and it is a must-have for anyone who enjoys her music. It is the type of CD that you never get tired of listening to, and the comments on the inside cover are amazing. One of the biggest reasons I am such a fan is because of the way Stevie allows us to see how personal these songs are to her. So even is you are not as huge a fan as myself, this recording is by far the best Stevie investment you will make. Open your mind to what she is really saying and you will be pleasantly surprised how much you could learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Hail the Queen, October 13, 2004
This review is from: Timespace: Best of (Audio CD)
Stevie Nick's music is quite incredible. She added so much to Fleetwood Mac and this collection of songs showcases what she can do on her own. The 'greatest hits' contains all of her great work. I mean, some of the best rock songs you will ever hear are on this album. You can't rock out more on anything like 'Stand Back' and 'Edge of Seventeen'. These songs epitomize great rock and roll songs. 'Rooms on Fire', 'If Anyone Falls', 'Talk to Me', 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around' (with the great Tom Petty), and 'Whole Lotta Trouble' are classics. Stevie's duet with Don Henley of The Eagles 'Leather and Lace' is so beautiful and touching and is one of the Great Love Songs. This album does contain some stinkers like 'Desert Angel' and the cliched 'Love's a Hard Game to Play' but it's worth it all the same.

Timespace: Best of
Timespace: Best of by Stevie Nicks (Audio CD - 1991)
Rate and Discover Movies