Customer Video Review     Length:: 9:37 Mins
This is an impressive and feature-rich dashboard camera with excellent video quality in both day and night conditions.

Published 20 months ago by Lon J. Seidman

2.0 out of 5 stars I like it NOT
My husband got one Road Hawk 1080P HD recorder for himself and later one for me. Apparently husband's unit failed and announcing every couple of seconds that "GPS signal is valid", no speed or map position tracking. But the video quality was excellent. His device was sent back to Amazon. Mine works well, GPS speed and map routes are tracked.

Update on...
Published 16 months ago by Ella P.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and very feature rich dashcam with a wide field of view, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Car Black Box -Timetec Road Hawk 1080P HD Car Vehicle Road Traffic Accident/Incident Dash Windshield Dashboard Video Audio Camera Recorder Camcorder DVR System Black Box Built in Microphone, GPS, G Gravity Sensor with SD Memory Card, Media Player of Route Tracking, 3D Forces, Google Map (Electronics)
Length:: 9:37 Mins

It is recommended to install the camera as high on the windshield as possible, as the lens has an extremely wide angle. Due to the wide angle details like license plates are very hard to see. The manual recommends audibly reading off a plate for the onboard microphone should you need to remember it.

Unfortunately the only way to mount the camera is to use adhesive that permanently attaches to the windshield. Thankfully the manufacturer also included a standard tripod mounting screw on the camera so it is possible to use third party windshield mounts. Just be sure to get one that can position the camera very close to the windshield. I do hope that they can consider including a suction cup option in the future.

Operating the camera couldn't be simpler: when it gets power it starts recording. The camera is configured through the included software that runs on both the Mac and PC via the Adobe Air platform. I would have liked to see an option to invert the video which would make mounting the camera upside down with a third party suction cup a little easier.

The camera will support SD cards up to 64 gigabytes in size and came with an 8 gig card that stores about an hour or so of high quality 1080p video at 30 frames per second.

Video quality is excellent and smooth - even over bumpy roads. The included software will overlay the vehicle's position on a Google map as well as indicate the approximate speed at the time of the recording. It was remarkably accurate in my tests and did not take long to find its position. The camera includes a GPS antenna that can be mounted outside the vehicle for cars that have coated windshields that block radio signals. The gps and speed data is embedded inside the video files but they play fine in VLC and Quicktime on my Mac without the need for conversion.

The camera also features an "event" function that will preserve video files with a button push or a significant shock (there is an onboard sensor that detects g-forces). Those clips will be protected from being erased when the card fills up, although the manufacturer recommends turning off the camera after an accident.

The camera can record in 1, 5, 15, and 30 minute increments. But recording files above a minute in length will disable the "looping" feature that erases old files when the card fills up. There is no gap in recording between files but you'll just have a lot of them accumulating on the card.

Overall this is an impressive dashboard camera and well worth considering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera on the market, February 16, 2014
I was put in charge of buying cameras for our fleet of trucks. We were looking for someway to protect ourselves over frivolous lawsuits. I tested a lot of cameras before I stumbled along on this one. It was exactly what we were looking for. The video quality is A+. It has very well written instructions not like other ones I tried. I would have to spend half of a day to understand the poor translation. The Software is very easy to use and gives you plenty of options on the setup. The only bad thing I can say about the product is that it is shipped with an 8gb SD card. Way to small for my purposes. I guess they put it in so you could have something straight out of the box to get it working. I now have 28 8gb SD cards I do not know what to do with. It offers 1080 and I wanted to set it up with the best picture quality it could produce. Why buy a 1080 camera when you have to reduce the quality to have enough storage to run a full shift. The 8gb would only give me about 90 minutes of recording before it would overwrite because it was out of space. The company sent me a list of compatible SD cards. I went with the biggest it will hold, a 64gb card. With that it would give me about 12 hours of recording time before it overwrote what was on the card. I am trying not to write the same thing the others have already said about the camera. I will say a 64gb card will work as long as you leave it on a one minute loop. The camera is very well made very rugged. The software is wonderful. No lag time like the others I tried. If you are looking for a camera to record this is the one to buy. Being able to know how fast your driver is driving and how he is driving is a big plus for us as I stated we bought it to protect our interests. It does that and more with the GPS that records the actual time down to the second and the date. The feature to view the map is very nice also. You can view it in map view or satellite hybrid and even street view. One more thing for us. The driver does not have to turn it on or off. Does not have to touch it. The driver does have the option to hit the record button if they want to make sure it recorded something. But the way I have ours setup it will record in normal and event. We had to turn the sensitivity for an event way down as trucks do not have a real smooth ride driving down the city streets. Buy it you will Love it if not Amazons return policy is more than fair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly excellent video and sound recording quality. Application is clunky., July 30, 2013
Length:: 8:07 Mins

UPDATE: Aug 4, 2013 - The RoadHawk HD came with an 8GB SDHC card. It's supposed to be capable of using up to a 64GB SDXC card. So I ordered a 32GB SDHC card by Transcend. The card was inserted into the RoadHawk HD and I got an error, "SD card or camera error. Please check." When I inserted the card in my MacBook Pro, the camera had been able to write the configuration file and folder structure to the card. And the card was mounted by my laptop, so I doubt that the card has an error. I then ran the RoadHawk application and changed some settings. The application said since I had changed setting it wanted to format the card, so I let it do that. When I put it in the RoadHawk HD, the unit spoke again and said the same thing, "SD card or camera error. Please check."I do not believe the card is defective as it mount on my MacBook Pro. I have emailed RoadHawk support to inform them of this problem. I'll withhold lowering my rating until I know more and will update my review as necessary.

---

The roadhawk HD DVR impressed me with the ease of operation and quality of video. It provides a valuable video and audio record of your vehicles travels and could be of great assistance in documenting the exact circumstances of an accident you are involved in or witness.

What's in the box:
- RoadHawk HD camera
- Power Cable (16 feet)
- GPS external antenna with cable (16 feet)
- 8gb SD card

- Power In
- GPS antenna In
- SD card slot
- Event button

There are no other controls on the device. All functions/settings are controlled by software that writes a configuration.txt file to the SD card.

A 16 foot power cord easily lets you route the power to the location on your windshield where the RoadHawk HD mount has been placed. Optimum placement is in the middle of the windwshield as high as you can get it. I put mine directly underneath my mirror which keeps it out of my vision. I could not place it above my mirror because of the way the windshield is made.

Routing the power cable was easy. In my vehicle it was quite easy to tuck the cord under the vinyl trim all the way around and then tuck the cable under the dashboard and finally to my power outlet on my dashboard. Eventually I will get a permanent hard-wired solution but for now it's fine this way.

I did not need to use the provided GPS antenna because I got a good GPS signal without it. However if you do need to use the antenna, it has a very long 16 foot cable so routing it should not be a problem.

The RoadHawk HD records video to an SD card and supports SDXC cards so you can use up to a 64GB card. By default, the RoadHawk HD records video files that are 1 minute in length. It will record and store these files until the card fills to capacity and will then begin overwriting the oldest files. A 1 minute video file when recorded at the highest bit-rate and 1080p resolution is roughly 90MB. When you change settings to record at lower bit-rates and 720p you can get 1 minute file sizes of closer to 10MB.

The camera has two modes of recording... normal and normal + event. Normal recording begins as soon as your car is started and immediately begins recording files according to the setting you have set.. either 1, 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes and will immediately record another file consecutively. These files can be linked together in any editing software to playback continuously.

In Normal + Event mode, the camera will record files that are 1 minute in length. The camera reserves 40% of the capacity of the SD card for Events, the remaining 60% is reserved for Normal video. An Event is triggered automatically by the G Sensor in the camera (the sensitivity of which is set in the software). You can also trigger an Event recording manually while driving by pushing the "E" button on the RoadHawk HD. Both Normal files and Event files will be overwritten once the allocated space is full. The oldest files will be overwritten first. But to ensure an important file is not erased, it is suggested you unplug the device after an accident to ensure the deivce does not record over that file. Having a spare SD card will enable you to keep recording while you save the card that has the important files on it. It is really beyond the scope of this review to discuss in any greater detail all the settings. The user guide is very detailed and complete and will provide all the info you need to fully understand the operation of the RoadHawk HD.

I was quite impressed with the video quality of the RoadHawk HD. I also like the ease of operation. Once it is installed it is truly a set it and forget it kind of thing. You have the peace of mind that it is always recording without your intervention. In case of an accident and assuming you have it set up correctly, an Event file will automatically be saved and you will be able to retrieve that file afterwards for viewing. A larger SD card is going to provide the longest recording time.

I was equally impressed with the audio recording quality. There is also a provision to attach an external microphone to provide even better quality but I did not test this aspect of the device.

I don't have any major complaints or cons. It might be nice to have some controls on the device for speaker volume or mic volume settings rather than having to go to the software to change the settings. Since all settings are saved to the SD card from the application on your computer, it's a bit of a pain to change things since you have to remove the SD card from the device, use a card reader to let the application on your computer access the SD card and be able to alter the settings on the card. Then you put the card back in the device and the new settings take effect the next time it is powered on.

I also did not feel the speaker quality or loudness was very good. At low volume it was so soft as to be almost inaudible. At the high setting it was very scratchy sounding and difficult to discern what it was speaking.

This is a great piece of gear to have installed in your vehicle. It will help you keep tabs on your kids driving habits as well as provide important documentation in the event of an accident. The operational temperatures for the RoadHawk HD are from -10 degrees Celsius to +40 degrees (14 degrees Farenheit to 104) and there is a caution in the user guide: "Do not leave the camera in a very hot car during the daytime."

I was provided a complimentary sample of the RoadHawk HD for testing and review. I agreed to provide a fair and honest review. If you have any questions please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer.

2.0 out of 5 stars I like it NOT, November 7, 2013

Update on 11/25/13

We bought two of these unit based on ALL 5-star reviews at the time of purchase.

The first one has been defective from day one - could not keep GPS track and constantly announcing "GPS signal is found" (like every second or so)., but it did video recording just fine.

The second unit has problem with SD cards ejection. The card does not want to be ejected - period. We learned to push on one of the corners of the card in order to eject it.

The supplied 8GB card worked well and looping (erasing old files and recording new ones) as it supposed to be. The problem arose with a Sandisc 64GB card we bought - the recording does not loop. As soon as card got filled with bunch of 1-mitute files - the unit started announcing something about card failed or recording failed. My husband reformatted the card (he did not use the fast mode in order to check for bad sectors/cell on SD card) and we re-tested again in default mode (no settings changed, via provided software). Sure enough as card got filled with files it failed to re-write the oldest files with the newest ones.

I also DO NOT like company tactics to offer customers a gift of their choice for leaving a review on the Amazon website. Timetec do not state that review should be positive, but I suspect some 5-star reviews out there only because people were afraid not to get freebies if the review would be negative.

The bottom line - it's an excellent idea with flat box design and very wide lens, excellent image quality (not sure about audio, as I keep the mic turned off), but 2 out of 2 product having some sort of problems is definitely does not qualify Road Hawk HD for a prime time.

To be fair, I also want to state that customer service emails were answered promptly.

Update on 11/26/13

We used a different card to retest - a Sony 64GB SDXC-I card and connected recorded directly to a 12 battery just to run it around the clock. about 36-40 hours later the red power light went out and the device started to announce something about checking the memory card - cannot record. So this device cannot loop videos when 64GB card is used. I guess that cards 8/16/32Gb will be fine as those card are SDHC format

Update 09/16/14

Just found that unit fails to record a lot of files. we cannot rely on it anymore.

Just to summarize:
1. a lot of issues I brought originally in this review are listed at the link below.
2. I do not like company's tricky tactics of offering free items for a reviews with requirement to send a link with customer reviews to the company.
3. buyers, just be aware that last year unit was sold at "discount" price $199 with list price $329. Now company has raised "list" price to $399 and "discount" price $299. you can buy re-branded unit in COSTCO at $189 price.
4. I even more disgusted on comments for my original 3-star review stating that I'm a woman and do not understand anything in electronics. just research here for yourself: https://dashcamtalk.com/roadhawk-hd/

The bottom price - it performed more or less ok, when worked. reducing my rating from 3 stars to 2 stars, mostly for the product support and tricky tactics used in order to "bump" overall rating for the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Update - Slowly bu Surely Dying, July 3, 2014
Length:: 0:10 Mins

For the most part I am satisfied with my Roadhawk HD. Easy to install and use both the camera and the software. The cons are that the camera does not always start when the car is started and if I am not paying attention part of my journey goes unrecorded. For example, I took the dog to the Vet for a shot and stopped for gas on the way home. When reviewing the camera footage the trip to the vet was fully recorded but the trip from the Vet to the gas station was not. The trip from the gas station back to my home was recorded. This has happened several times, it was not an isolated incident. My fear is that I will have an event where recorded footage would be desirable but it won't be there because the camera did not start and I didn't catch it. Because of where the camera is mounted (on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror) I cannot see the lights on it without moving the mirror. I would also need to move the mirror to press the event button. It is also impossible to get the SD card out of the camera slot without removing the camera. Believe me, I have tried. In retrospect I should have mounted the camera on the passenger side of the mirror instead of the driver's side. It would have provided a little more room to maneuver.

I did one nighttime test on the camera and was not thrilled with the low light video. It did not meet my expectations.

I have not tried using an external mic so I cannot comment on that. I have not tried the GPS antenna as I always get a GPS signal within minutes of the camera starting.

I really like the GPS Google Maps/Satellite feature during playback using the RH software. It appears to be extremely accurate.

9/18/2014 - Update

This camera is becoming less and less reliable. In my first review I stated that the camera does not always start with the car. When that is the case, the "Roadhawk Camera is On" notification does not happen. My solution to that was to turn the key to the on position and wait for the notification. When I do not get it, I turn the key off, wait a few seconds, then turn it to the on position and wait for the announcement. I will usually get it the second time. If not, I repeat. Well, that worked fine for awhile, but now, even when I get the announcement the camera doesn't always record. I can tell when this happens when I turn the car off and I don't get the "BLING BLING" sound telling me that the camera turned off - even though I got the announcement that it did turn on. The next new anomaly is that some of the dates on the card come up as occuring years in the past (31 Dec 2007- 11:23:16). Look at the date on the first file (top right) in the short video.

With the unreliability demonstrated by this camera, I can only conclude that it is not fit for the intended purpose. That purpose is to protect me from false claims by other motorists or witnesses in the event of an accident. As a result, I am lowering my rating from 3 stars to one star as I sit here with buyer's remorse. Even if I capture an event that would exonorate me from liability, if the date associated with the event is improperly recorded the video would be thrown out by the court. I can no longer recommend this camera.

I believe my firmware to be the latest available. Firmware=1.9

4.0 out of 5 stars One big issue, otherwise great, February 2, 2014
There appears to be a design flaw that will affect some users more than others. When you start your car, the car battery voltage drops below 12v as the engine turns until the engine starts and the alternator stabilizes and outputs around 14V. The voltage drop while the engine cranks will vary by car. Here's the issue: the Road Hawk tries to start pretty much as soon as voltage is applied to it which, in the case of my car, happens BEFORE the motor starts and is before the voltage has stabilized to a point that the Road Hawk needs and so the startup routine fails. As such, especially on colder mornings when the voltage drops even further than normal, the Road Hawk often does not come on at all. This is a big issue if you want a set-it-and-forget-it device, which you pretty much certainly do - why else would you want a dash cam unless you wanted it on when you started the car? I have tried 3 different units in my Nissan Titan and they all acted somewhat differently, but not a single one of them started every time the car started, especially on cold mornings. Once the car was running, it started 100% of the time when I plugged it in or pressed the button, so the issue only occurred when the device was plugged in when the car was cranking.

I was able to fix the issue by making a simple delay circuit that turned on a relay 10 seconds after the car started, and now the unit comes on 100% of the time. You can buy a nice pre-made timing delay circuit off of eBay for under $5, including shipping. Having to do this, though, is pretty ridiculous for a device that costs this much. Timetec should have tested a little more extensively and added a delay during start to let the voltage stabilize before trying to initialize. I am sure many cars will not have voltage drops severe enough to cause this issue, so you might not have this issue.

That said, the unit is awesome. The video quality is amazing, and the GPS overlay is really cool - watching the video while the map is updating next to it is slick as can be. The mounting is solid, the unit is quality built, and it has a great feature set.

The shock sensor seemed a little sensitive, which is better than the alternate, but after a few months I accumulated quite a few read-only videos. Not sure if these videos is what caused it, but the unit started chirping that there was a camera or SD card error, so I took the card out, deleted all the videos and everything is fine now.

Pros
- Quality built
- Great mount
- Great feature set
- Amazing video quality
- Well designed app to view videos - much nicer than others I have seen

Cons:
- Did not start when the car started all the time, especially on cold mornings, and had to add a timer delay circuit
- Sensitive shock sensor fills the card with read-only videos over time and have to purge the card occasionally
- Pricey

As a final note, the video is saved in a standard format and can be viewed with a standard player, so you don't need their app to view the videos. You only need the app if you want to view the overlay GPS data (speed, longitude, etc...) and see the maps while the video runs.

Update (11/2014): With the delay circuit, the unit never fails to come on. The only issue I have left is that I need to clear the images off of the SD card once a month because the card fills up. Whenever my car hits a bump, the video is captured as though I was in an accident. The unit beeps and tells you that there is a 'Camera or SD card error' and I know to wipe the card ASAP since it no longer records video, which is ridiculous - I should get a warning when the drive is close to filling up, not when it it no longer records video. While I am reasonably happy with the unit, for the price I paid I expect a little better than to have to implement a timer delay circuit and have to wipe the card once a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible in-car video blackbox, October 31, 2013
I will keep it short as I figure that most of us already know this is a great, reliable video camera. It is so great, that I bought 2 from Amazon and have plans to buy a 3rd one soon. I actually have the suction mounts to move the 2 cameras around a little easier. In my most used vehicle - family SUV, I have one in front and one on the rear window. When I need to move a camera to my 2 other cars, I can just remove the suction mount on the front windshield (with the camera attached in its tripod opening) and easily mount it on the other cars. Long term thought is to leave the 2 cams in the SUV and buy a 3rd one between the remaining 2 cars. By the way, the merchant (Timetec) is very responsive and exceeds my expectations.

Great possibility is to put in my kid's car with his new driver's license to track his driving skills. Problem is I will have to rely on him to remove the camera after parking the car or start driving. Leaving the camera on the windshield brings in new issues as I don't need a thief to do a smash and grab, thinking it is a radar detector or something worth taking (which it is worth stealing!!!)

Both cameras located the GPS satellites within 90 secs when I leave from the garage and quicker when parked outdoors. Video is a sharp as I can expect and enough flexibility to change some parameters. Video playback is boring as heck which is really a good thing since there is nothing bad like an accident for me to view. ;-)

ok, too much feedback. Buy one if you like to cover any front end contingencies.

Dec 18, 2013 UPDATE:

The beauty of having this RoadHawk camera is the ability to upgrade seamless. I just upgraded my 2 cameras' firmware to v1.8 and the RoadHawk software to v2.1, all done in less than 3 mins.

Firmware v1.8

- Improved stability with a range of SD cards
- Fixed camera reboot issue whwn high capacity SD cards are used
- Improved stability with a larger range of 64Gb SD cards
- Added support for new camera image quality settings
- Pre-allocated file size to increase stability when camera loop records
- Improved audio quality
- Improved algorithm for low light video capture

Software v2.1

- Changed icon to highlight currently playing file
- Added Contrast settings for camera
- Added Brightness settings for camera
- Added Saturation settings for camera
- Added Spot Metering mode for camera
- Added Enable/Disable timestamp for camera

I had some Class 10 branded SD card write issues prior to the upgrade which I plug and unplug the power source to reset the SD recording. I will report back later if this upgrade fixes this issue.

Dec 30, 2013 UPDATE:

After a round trip of 9+ hours of highway driving over 3 days, I can confirm any previous SD card error messages coming from the camera is now gone AFTER I performed the firmware update. Prior to the firmware update, I used to get SD card error messages every couple of hours which went away when I powered off and on the camera but would come back soon after. So far, very pleased with overall performance of this 2 units I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best auto dash cam I've used, September 3, 2013
I have been using some form of auto black box for a couple years now, with varying degrees of success. All of the cameras I have looked at have appeared to be extremely cheap plastic cameras in the $40 price range that appear to come out of Hong Kong. I haven't actually tested any of these, but I have seen the video quality and read the reviews on them, and none of them appear to be anything I want to take a gamble on. For the last year, I've been using my cell phone and the DailyRoads Voyager app for Android. When used with a window mount, this works fairly well and takes great video, but it's difficult to set up complete automation with it and have it just start recording once I turn on my car. Eventually, I stopped using it because I didn't want to set it up every time. I was offered the Road Hawk HD to evaluate, and after two weeks of use, can say that a standalone camera is definitely the way to go.

The Road Hawk HD arrived well-packaged with everything necessary to complete installation, mount the camera, and run the wiring. If you are familiar with your car, you can connect everything yourself without having to have it professionally installed. It comes with two adhesive mounts for the front and rear. I mounted the front adhesive in the recommended area right behind the rear view mirror. It should be noted that once you stick the adhesive to the glass, it is not coming off easily, so make sure you know exactly where it should go and that you can easily reach the cables and buttons. I popped out my door trim and ran the power and GPS cables inside it and then just plugged them into the cigarette lighter, and attached the external GPS device on my roof through my sunroof and I was ready to go. The camera comes with an 8 gigabyte mini SD card, along with an SD USB adapter for reading it on your desktop. Once I had the camera plugged in, a red light on the camera let me know it was recording, and a green light confirmed I had a GPS signal. The camera does have audible alerts to let you know when recording or if there is a problem, but they are very difficult to hear so I just turned them off.

The camera offers several recording options, and you can change the resolution and record time. In order to have it loop (record a specific time frame and then loop back and re-record over it), you can only set the recording length to 1 minute. You can have the camera record in 30 minute increments, but if you choose this feature, you can't use loop mode and once the SD card fills up, it stops recording. The 1 minute increments should be enough for recording accidents. The camera will register anything that triggers a significant g-force on your vehicle and automatically trigger it as an "event" and save that video. You can also manually set an event by pushing the physical button on the camera. I still however would prefer the option for a higher loop recording time. What if I am involved in a traffic stop and want to record the encounter? Unless I hit the event button every 60 seconds (or manually remove and reinsert the power adapter for that option), I won't be able to keep a continuous recording of it. Changes to the settings must be made through the Roadhawk software, so there is also no way to change this in the vehicle. Ideally, I would like the camera to keep a continuous recording of all driving and only start looping when it reaches the end of the storage space. 8Gb is a fairly large amount, even with HD recordings at the highest settings. Hopefully this can be added in a future software update.

Video quality from the camera is excellent. It uses a wide angle lens, which captures much more than my HD video camera on my cell phone. You can use a lower resolution, or adjust all the way up to 1080 HD. because of the wide angle lens, some of the detail might be missing that you would get from a normal HD camera. Roadhawk recommends reading out license plate numbers if something happens, rather than relying on the camera to capture it. The camera has a built-in GPS, in addition to the external GPS you can attach. I noticed no difference between the built in GPS and external, and got a very strong signal and accuracy when using the built-in. The software has mapping built into it to show you your position along the map, as well as your speed. The camera also has a built-in microphone which works very well, however I added an Olympus Noise Canceling Microphone to it for additional audio clarity, although this really wasn't necessary. Since receiving the camera, I also have added the Roadhawk DC-1 Wiring Harness so I don't have to use my car's power adapter and can reserve it for my cell phone. The harness connects directly to my battery and the camera turns on as soon as my ignition turns over. This might be more complicated to install since you want to make sure it is connected to the ignition fuse so it doesn't run down the battery, but was definitely worth it.

I am definitely happy with the Roadhawk and other than the cons I mentioned above with the video duration for looping, there isn't much I would change. Probably my only other problem is that the SD card is very difficult to remove. I have to use my fingernail and push it in very carefully to get it to slide out. Fortunately I don't have to remove it too often. But overall, it is the best dashboard camera I have found and I think the price is justified if you want something that has excellent quality and is low maintenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars How can it make your day...., November 8, 2014
Khrystsina (Oyster Bay, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:00 Mins

You know when you are driving peacefully to work in the morning, someone drives like a lunatic, swerving from lane to lane, speeding, cuts you off and you wish a cop was there??? This happened to me one day... This time the police officer was there. Love my road camera!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Like it! But Please Fix SD Card Issues!, January 22, 2015
Length:: 2:58 Mins

I live in a dense populated area where 99% of pedestrians are constantly on their phones, so I need a device that records w/o failure in case of an accident to protect myself from fraudulent lawsuits. This is my second dash cam, that is hard-wired to my car. Had it over 3 months now. Overall, it is a very good product. Although there seems to be an common issue with the SD card. The first SD card that came with the product died within a month. However, the camera does give out constant alarms when there is a problem with the SD card/camera. I think, it was more of an firmware issue than an hardware one, because I switched to a 64 GB SD card and it has been working fine since, especially after the firmware update. I will change my review to five star if the seller give me an feedback on this SD card issue :). Minor issue aside, video quality is superb, even at night time, it can record as far as car's headlight. All in all, I wasn't given any incentive to write this review, and I just want to point out that dash cam market tend to be filled with a lot of junks. So buy one with good quality, and it will serve the purpose.