Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on July 4, 2006
Good everyday watch. I hate all the big, goofy "sports" watches that I find at all the retail stores. This is a simple digital watch, easy to set, good stopwatch. Not intrusive, doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
on March 28, 2007
I bought this because I had a similar watch when I was in school and loved the band. What I didn't count on was that it's such a light, useful watch that I would end up wearing it all the time over my more expensive watches. Now wearing my other watches is something I have to go out of my way. Maybe I'll just sell most of them and keep this one for daily use.

And the price is just right.
on November 3, 2008
I purchased my original Timex watch around 1980. It has been a wonderful watch surviving a couple of few battery changes, two replacement twistoflex bands and a lot of use. Over the years there has been some corrotion on my 1980 model making the buttons dificult to use, so about eight years back I started looking for a replacement.

Styles change and digital watched all seemed to address the needs of runners and deep sea divers. I was stunned and delighted to find the Timex Men's Classic Digital watch with a twistoflex band. Now I have a dress watch!
My one demerit, thus only a four star rating, is for the band being one twistoflex link too tight.
Many folks make think me nuts for carrying on about a plain Timex watch but it is every thing I want in a watch. Also I know two other folks that still cherish their +25 year old classic Timex watches. I may buy another so I have it when I need one in 2036.
on June 25, 2007
The watch is great and I like the indiglo feature. The only fault I can find with this item is that the day is printed too small. Us senior citizens need bigger print. Also the expansion band is a wee bit tight. It's livable though.
on November 27, 2007
I've bought several of these watches. Like the others, I appreciate the functions and the simplicity. Unfortunately, this watch uses a very cheap method of plating chrome metal over a plastic base. After 1-2 years of wear, this plating fails, and seperates from the base material. This creates very sharp little "knife blades" on the edge of the case. With the stretch band, you have to pull it on/off over your hand. The back of my hand is always covered with scratches caused by the plating on the watch case. So, I have several of these, still running perfectly, in drawers un-usable. A poor manufacturing/design. I would assume the gold is similar.
1111 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2014
I like the sleek retro style of the watch. I like how sharp it looks while not being flashy or "showy". Very easy to use and set. I recommend this to anyone looking for a sleek watch with functionality and most of all recommend it over the casio version of this style. Timex's indiglo is far more superior to the cheap LED's casio puts in their watches, this was the deciding factor for me. Not to mention, Timex's digital classics are built better than casio's. I also like the hourly chime that you can turn on or off.

One thing to note about the band is that Men's standard runs at about 6.5" for band length, if you happen to have larger wrists, look at the band-length on a different model. If you have smaller wrists or want a tighter fit, there's a great tutorial DIY on youtube that I used myself to shorting the expansion band, very simple!
on September 3, 2015
iI bought this watch in replace for my husbands timex 15 year old watch...almost exactly the same on this watch..My husband and i were buying timex watch for quite some time now and its proven and tested that its worth our money..timex are long lasting very durable watch.My husband likes the band on this since its stretchable so if you buy thid for gifts you dont have to worry if itwont fit them..Up to these years we cant find anyissues to dislike timex brand because they never fail ul...This is good for presents,,I actually bought these watch for his birthday and brought smile to his face because i know he likes this watch and this is the watch he used everyday...its a good casual watch you can wear it with anything and looks perfect..HIghly recommended..
on July 22, 2015
Old School digital. My husband has been wearing this style for 35 years. He is currently on his third one. One was lost, one was smashed (no fault of the watch) and the last one, the band broke after 6 years. We thought we'd just replace the whole thing. It is a good hard working watch with a light and alarm function. It is lightweight and sturdy. Who knows, it's probably retro now.
on May 15, 2015
I like a simple, water-resistant watch with an expansion band. This model (I think this is my fourth one) has served me for for over 20 years. The bands commonly have to be replaced at least once, because I am an active individual. After a few years the buttons get stuck, so when the time changes I have to take the watch out of its case to adjust the time.
VINE VOICEon July 27, 2013
I recently purchased this item for a friend, who says, "In the past I always bought this watch from Wal-Mart, but found that Amazon saved me nearly 25%, so couldn't pass up that bargain. This is the 8th one of these watches (the same model) that I've purchased since 1968. I'm hard on watches; this specimen has endured 5 years of major wear and tear. It has been exposed to weather, water, dirt and chemicals. It has gone through the wash cycle in my washing machine. It has been run over by an automobile. I only replace them because the battery gets low and if you open the case to replace the battery, it is no longer guaranteed waterproof - so it's simpler just to buy a new one. I have only one minor complaint: the chrome on the sides in time chips away and the sharp edges thus exposed can scratch my arm. All in all, though, if you want a handsome yet inexpensive watch that will take pretty much all the abuse you might give it, I recommend this one heartily."