4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, small band!!
This is a great watch, it really is, I really like it, BUT, I found that the watch band that comes with it is quite small, and, no, I'm not a big, fat person, I'm normal-sized, and this watchband is very definitely on the small (very small) side! Otherwise, a very nice watch, though.
Published on September 16, 2008 by Kvetch

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had this watch for years, and it's a good one
I've owned this watch for a good 15 years. Not one watch, mind you; I've bought the exact same watch about 5 times over that period. It is a good watch, nice looking, loud enough alarm, and it lasts a long time on the included lithium battery.

Published on March 25, 2008 by Jon1138

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had this watch for years, and it's a good one, March 25, 2008
Jon1138 (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T78677 "Classics" Gold-Tone Digital Dress Watch with Expansion Band (Watch)

The watch is definitely waterproof, but although the body of the watch looks like it's made out of metal, it is actually plastic, and the bottom of it will eventually pit out from sweat or water. So, take it off in the shower or pool.

My big gripe about the watch is the band. I prefer metal stretchy bands to metal snap-on bands or leather bands. This is a spiedel-type band, which will stretch over your hand and snap back in place. Frankly, the reason I've had to get so many of these watches over the years is that I will inevitably get the band caught on something while I'm taking off something or putting it on, and it will snap.

It is cheaper to buy an entirely new watch than to replace the band (around $25 versus $14), so that's what I do. I then use the old watches as supplementary alarms for years. And they do last for years.

A good, solid, digital watch that will give you years of trouble free use as long as you treat it right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, small band!!, September 16, 2008
Kvetch (Sarasota, FL USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars interface problem, July 31, 2007
I have a great fondness for Timex watches. They last a lot longer under the kind of wear and tear mine see than other brands I have tried.

I have two problems with this model:

1. It's a little too big for me (Timex no longer makes a ladies version of this watch, so I had to improvise).

2. The hourly chime keeps getting turned on. I don't know how, the method for turning it off again is not obvious (especially without the manual), and there is no visual indication that it has been turned on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, February 26, 2011
I wear this watch all the time. It's funny because it's cheap, but people still notice it because it's gold. WIN.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, flavorful, and pretty affordable, September 3, 2008
I was without a watch for awhile, but am thrilled I've found this. I've owned it for several months, and like the gold color coupled with the LED -- it feels kind of 80s retro, like something out of the Miami Vice era.

Haven't had any problems with it thus far; it does what it says, tells time, and looks great doing so.

On the downside, it's not immediately intuitive to figure out which button does what, but through repeated usage, you'll learn.

One notable feature omission: a countdown timer!

Aside from that, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless product & transaction, December 28, 2007
This is the 3rd Timex I've bought my husband this year...not because they don't perform as expected but because they are great watches. If anything, they outperform other everyday watches. Hubby has two work watches and this dressier watch. For the price, endurance, and looks, you can't go wrong. Great looking watch and at a great price. Where else can you get a watch like this for $23.50 and get the performance you get from Timex?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, July 17, 2013
The watch is great. The only feature I don't like is that when the alarm is on the date doesn't show; just the alarm time. But I will get used to it!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like my new replacement Timex digital watch, April 21, 2010
Rather than have a jeweler put in a new batter in my old Timex, I decided it was almost as cheap to buy a new watch. It's the exact duplicate of my old one, but it's new! It works very well, looks good, has a new battery, and I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Indiglo watch, June 20, 2009
Butch (Colorful Colorado) - See all my reviews
I had one of these before, lasted 3-4 years with same battery but button quit working that allowed changing modes. Liked it so well, got another just like it but paid a little more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, July 8, 2007
My first watch I ever bought was a timex digital with flexible band and thin top. It lasted 25 years till a spring wore out on the button that you push to find out the date. So it was time to replace it. Unfortunetly nowadays all the watches are big and bulky and/or non-digital. This is the flattest digital watch that i could find that was a Timex as well. What I don't understand is if technology is making everything smaller, why watches are only getting bigger?! Features haven't changed much from my old watch to this one except the functions are opposite each other and a little more difficult to program. At first I thought it was because I wasn't use to it but after comparison, it is a little harder to program.

Pros: flattest digital Timex available, visible date and time, indiglo makes it easy to see when button pushed, expanding band allows easy on and off and adjusts as arms strengthen or weaken muscle wise, water resistant.

Cons: very small day of week, easy to accidently set chime on the hour by bumping a button, bulkier than older watches, harder to see time due to indiglo coating on face, bulkier face allows scratches faster and a few other minor issues.

all in all: technology seems to have made a worse watch over time but at least it still works like a timex and is the flattest out there now. That is why I gave it five stars.

I highly recommend this seller as they did send an extra battery with the watch. Worth the extra forty five cents. And fast delivery too!

Rate and Discover Movies