Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex T035W4 Color Changing Alarm Clock with Soothing Sounds (White)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 20, 2013
I am a connoisseur of bad usability design, and I love this alarm clock! I have definitely gotten my money’s worth of amusement out of it. It’s like the design team at Timex set out to take a simple, well-established piece of technology and make it as unusable as possible.

I can’t decide which is my favorite feature.
Is it the ear-splitting beep at every button-press that wakes up everyone in the house when you go to set your alarm at night?
Is it the small, close-set buttons that each have several features having nothing to do with the feature they’re labeled with?
Is it the “soothing sound” that goes PING! PING! every five seconds or so?

...No, I think my favorite feature of all is the placement of two of the buttons arranged vertically on the front surface of the clock: the Up button BELOW the Down button.

Beautiful!
3030 comments|650 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2011
As far as I can tell, the colors only change when 1) a button is pressed or 2) you play the "soothing sounds". Otherwise it looks like a clear plastic sphere with a white faceplace/insert. The silver "button" on top apparently does nothing (I thought this would be perfect for snooze!). The soothing sounds are very digitized, but for the price I wasn't expecting much from that feature. I had thought with an "INDIGLO night-light" that the clock would remain backlit at night, but that does not appear to be the case--at night you have to press one of the face buttons (which always BEEP when pressed, annoying!) and then you get a brief backlight.

The pros...it's cheap, it tells the time/date/temperature (though I have yet to understand why anyone needs their room temperature readout on their clock), you can wake up to a pseudo-nature sound that is not a buzzer, and it runs on batteries so it is small and compact without needing a trailing cord. I think the design overall is cute, but the functionality could have been much improved.
review image review image review image
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2012
I decided to buy this clock based on everyone else's "bad" reviews. So glad that I did! I wanted a small white or clear clock for my baby's nursery. I needed something that was battery operated, so I could move it around the room and not have to worry about finding a free plug. I really like that the color changing lights don't stay on constantly, only when the "nature sounds" are on. (My baby seems to enjoy listening to those sounds and watching the lights.) I also like that you can set the amount of time until the sounds shut off (one hour or less), so that it doesn't stay on all night. Seeing as how this is used in my baby's room, I also love the thermometer function. Bottom line, this is a nice, small, inexpensive, simple clock. As long as you read the manual, operating this clock is not confusing at all. Perfect for what I was looking for. However, I do not use it as an alarm clock, and not sure that I would. I am a sound sleeper and I don't think that the nature sounds would wake me up. There is a beeping alarm option, but it isn't very loud compared to other alarm clocks out there.
on January 2, 2012
I almost sent this back because it's battery powered and very small. But when I saw all the things it does, I decided to keep...changes colors, gives you soothing sounds to go to sleep by, gives you the room temperature, has easy to use settings for alarm and snooze....very neat little gadget. I just wish it was AC and twice as big.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2012
You can't get the "soothing sounds" with the countdown timer. The countdown timer has only a harsh beeping noise. The "UP" button did not work, which meant I could not turn up the volume -- it was stuck on lowest volume forever -- though I could adjust the time by pressing the DOWN button for a long time.

The clock is cute, the changing colors are cute (though they light up & change only when you press a button). I liked the soothing sounds, though they are "computer-like," but I needed them for the timer. I returned the clock.
on January 20, 2013
There is no way to turn off the sounds made when pressing buttons. The only way to get the nightlight on is to press a button...so it makes noises even when you are just trying to find the time in the middle of the night.

The nature sounds are very mechanical and noisy. It is really just not worth it, spend a little more and get something else.
on September 15, 2011
I think it is super cute!! I love the sounds, the different colors that light up, the temperature feature and its unique look and size. Also, the alarm features works very well. All in all I really like it and would recommend it for anyone who is looking for something that doesnt take up too much space and is convenient .
on December 20, 2013
I bought it so my second grader could have her own alarm clock and practice time being aware of the time, etc. It has a lot of great functions--date, time in twelve or 24 hour options, temperature, etc. This alarm clock has fun colors and sounds. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually keep the time.

At first I wondered if my daughter was playing with it and messing it up pushing all kinds of buttons (it is a little confusing to set and use). After a few months I finally took control over it to test it. Within an hour of setting the clock to the accurate time, it is off by 8 minutes! Within a half of a day it is off by more than an hour. I've repeated to this test and had the same results. It's super, super fast (to the point I wouldn't trust the time it displayed within a few minutes of setting it).

A great toy I let my kids play with, but it doesn't actually function as a clock.
on November 2, 2011
IT WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A LITTLE ON THE CHEAP LOOKING SIDE. I HAD TO HAVE MY HUSBAND SET IT CAUSE THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT USER FRIENDLY. THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN READ THE TIME IS WHEN IT IS GOING OFF AND THE LIGHTS ARE FLASHING, THEN IT GOES DARK AGAIN. I KEEP IT ON MY BED STAND BUT I ALSO KEEP MY OLD ALARM THERE SO I CAN SEE THE TIME.
on February 21, 2014
I am SO disappointed that the shiny chrome spot on top is not the snooze button. Instead you have to search for a small white button with an embossed label that I can't read without my glasses. I will learn which one works but when I forget to disable the alarm before I step into the shower and my husband needs to turn the alarm off, he's going to get pissed off and probably throw this clock through the window. Also this is BATTERY OPERATED ONLY, which I think ought to be more clear in the description. In my experience, any clock that does not plug in to A/C is called a "travel" alarm clock. I just got it today, so I'll give it a try, but expectations are low.