Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's T2N799 Elevated Classics Dress Two-Tone Dress Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on May 2, 2012
Upside: great looking, not flashy, almost low-key. I like the way they used just markers, no numbers on the face. Super-comfortable watchband, so oversize I had some links taken out. Accurate too: it loses about 1/2 second a month, which is far better than any watch I've ever had.

Downside: It doesn't have Timex "indiglo" for reading it in the dark, which would be a nice feature because the face is low-contrast. Reading it in low light can be hard.

Bottom line: I love it!
on March 10, 2014
When I saw this it looked like just what I wanted. Some reviewers complained it would need adjustment as it is too large. I figured that was just someone with tiny wrists. Turns out they were right. Looks like it would fit the Hulk. It does have removable sections, but even though I consider myself pretty handy, I couldn't get it apart. I will try to find a jewelry store to work on it as other purchasers have suggested but right now I'm just wearing it loose until I find one. It is very attractive and the only reason I rated it 4 stars is due to the inconvenience of trying to find a jeweler to fix it. I'm certainly not a fan of these clock size watches that seem to be the fashion right now. -- Larry
on February 23, 2013
I really like the look of the Timex T2N799 watch. It works great, which you'd expect from a Timex. The only thing keeping me from giving it five stars is the difficulty in sizing it. The watch comes with an extremely long band, and removing links is a pretty difficult process. Once I was able to size it though, I have nothing bad to say.
on July 6, 2015
Perhaps Timex's most beautiful watch--elegant, sophisticated, stainless steel. As others have noted, the bracelet is far too large for the average man's wrist. Take it to your local jeweler (not the chain stores in the mall). They'll remove the extra links in about 5 minutes. You can do it yourself but it's not easy and you risk damaging your watch! I've done it before. My jeweler did it faster and better. It'll cost you a small fee. My local jeweler did it free because he's a friend.
on August 3, 2015
Love this watch! When I searched Amazon, I went straight to Timex. I wanted affordability and reliability. Plus I wanted something that didn't look like a $30 watch! Lol! I had one stolen at the gym, soo I bought another.
review image
on May 19, 2014
Purchased from Amazon. Good looking watch, but I returned because the watch was in my opinion too large for my wrist. Timex are great watches for a reasonable price. All information on size was given, but I thought it might work. My error and thanks to Amazon's great return policy. I returned it and ordered a different model.
on December 27, 2012
The watch is very nice looking and the face on the one I got is charcoal, not brown as someone else stated. Perhaps they got one that had been faded from a display? Anyhow, it is a true charcoal color and a sharp looking watch. I was disappointed because I THOUGHT I ordered an Indiglo watch and this one is NOT AN INDIGLO. When I did a search for "Indiglo" watches, this turned up in the search and I loved the look, so ordered it without verifying it was an Indiglo, which it is not and the description doesn't say it is, so that was my error. However, looks-wise, it is very nice and it seems durable.
on May 3, 2014
This watch looks much more expensive than it is. The two tone bracelet makes a nice impression, and it was easily sized. The only caveat is that if you are not a big guy (I am not) this watch is quite large. This would be one of my favorite watches if it were just a tad smaller. I do not understand the debate about the grey/brown dial since I believe mine is clearly grey, but even if there is a tinge of brown, I personally, don't get the "controversy."
on January 17, 2016
I have been using Timex watches for over 50 years. I buy a new one about every 10 years. The old one keeps perfect time but it looks a little beat up because I work in the shop with it on. Buy one and you will not be sorry.
on October 14, 2012
Just recieved this yesterday to find there is nothing about this watch that is "luminous" as indicated in the special features. Also the dial is not charcoal it is brown, not at all charcoal. The description is very misleading. Buyers should be aware the watch you will recieve will not be as described.