Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on November 4, 2006
This watch was everything I wanted in a timepiece, but couldn't find in any of the local stores. Silvertone, which matches my jewelry since I prefer silver to gold, I needed a calendar for work, plus indiglo for seeing in the dark. The only difficulty I found at all was in adjusting the band, which was a bit difficult even with the instructions, but a family member was able to accomplish it. I now wear this watch every day, and I love it.
11 comment56 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2007
even if you are not, buy this watch. I am a nurse, much like many of the other reviewers. In fact, I bought it due to their reviews. It is a fantastic watch. Easy to read, has an illumination option and a handy date feature. The only trouble I have is the size of the band (too long). I will take it to a jeweler to take a few links out, however, the directions for doing this yourself make it looks easy (it's not). Don't even bother looking for another watch, this one is a steal.
22 comments27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2007
I recently purchased this watch and have had some problems with it. The good thing is that it looks great. It's a good watch for professionals who don't want multiple watches and want to be able to wear to any kind of function. It does a good job of that. Plus it doesn't look too bulky, which to me was crucial because I have very small wrists. However, my indiglo gave out on me last week after only having my watch for 6 weeks. Luckily, Timex sent me a pre-paid box to send it back to the factory. The warranty lasts for a year too. The only problem I face now will be getting Timex to either take out the extra links or reimburse me for having to get someone else to do it for me. Hopefully mine was just a fluke.
11 comment49 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2006
I bought this watch and its the first nice watch i've ever had....i usually buy cheapies cause i'm so rough on stuff with 3 kids, the beach, horseback riding, hiking, etc.....

i must say i am impressed! i've had it about six months now and so far its holding up with barely a scratch....VERY tough watch!! i dont even take it off when i go swimming in salt water....i bathe the kids and dogs while wearing it...i dont baby it at all....i even sleep in it....i love the indiglo feature too!

regarding having the band sized, my local jeweler did it for free...my understanding is that most places will....

now that i've talked about the quality of it, it is also a pretty watch in my opinion....simple, yes, but attractive...

a very good buy! i would highly recommend this product!
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2006
This watch is great! I am a nurse and I was looking for something that is work friendly with second hand, date and easy to read. Then, it is water resistant and indiglo to boot! In addition to work, I wanted something that looks nice enought to wear out to dinner. This watch it perfect. I got the two toned silver and gold one.

Previous reviewers said that it was difficult to get links out etc. I had the lady at the jewlery counter at Target (where I bought the watch) take 2 links out, and it was no charge. Easy!
11 comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2010
We picked out this watch as a gift for my mom. Grew up respecting the Timex brand as solid and reliable. The watch stopped working with in 2 months. She took it to a local repair shop thinking the battery had run down. They said it's wasn't the battery and to look into the warranty situation with Timex. Turns out the Timex warranty is a hassle and a joke. I understand sending it back to be repaired or replaced (and to make sure there's no abuse involved) but on top of that, they want a $8 check to cover return shipping. Hmm $8? I asked them if they could just send an return authorization (like many companies who back the products they sell) and was told "If we did that for one person, we'd have to do it for everyone and wouldn't stay in business." Doesn't convey much confidence about this product or the way Timex conducts it's business. Sorry to be negative but this sort of thing drives me nuts.
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2008
Overall, I am satisfied with this watch. It looks nice and is very easy to read. When I first got it, I was surprised at how big the face was, but I have gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I really like the date feature, and the indiglo has come in handy a couple of times.

As far as removing the links, I was able to do it fine on my own, and I am a college aged female. I had had practice doing it with a previous watch. I cut part of a paper clip about the size of a pin, and held it in place with pliers, with a rubber band around the handles of the pliers so they stayed shut. I set the plier/paper clip on my desk, then lined the paper clip up with the pin on the watch, and pushed down really hard. With a little bit of force, the pin popped out. Wasn't too difficult at all.
on July 6, 2011
It's a beautiful watch...

I like the look and feel. The indiglo is a nice feature. The date is a little screwy (you have to make sure it flips over at midnight and not noon) but a little fiddling and it works.

I can't say too much about the watch, however, because it has BARELY WORKED in the 6 weeks that I've owned it.

These have obviously sat in the warehouse at Amazon for a long, long time. I received the first one and had to have the links professionally removed ($10) to make it smaller. Shortly after that investment, the watch stopped. I sent it back to Amazon and they sent a prompt replacement, however with all the links in place. I waited a few days to see if the watch was working. It was. I paid to have the links removed AGAIN ($10). The watch stopped. I took it to a trustworthy jeweler, who determined that the battery had died. I paid to have the battery replaced ($16). No problems for 2 weeks, but I put it on one morning and the time was wrong. I changed the time. The next morning...the watch stopped. I plan to write Timex and ask for the return box as another customer reported.

Unfortunately, Timex, which used to be a trustworthy company, seems to have gone down hill. I've owned several Timex Ironman running watches over the past two decades. Years ago, they would last 5 plus years. Now the bands break in 6 months. It's a real shame.
on January 27, 2009
This was really a disappoinment because I love the look of this watch, and it seems so well-made. The first one started running sporadically after about a month and a half, then, it died. I'd had the battery tested, and it was fine. Amazon told me it was too late to return it but that I should contact Timex. That was two months ago and I still haven't heard back. I liked the watch so much that I decided to try another one, and the second only worked a couple of days before doing the same thing. Well, that one did go back to Amazon in time. If I thought I'd have any better luck, I'd try for one more because it really is a pretty piece.
on June 12, 2010
Does not keep time. I bought for my daughters birthday and she tossed all the packaging so I can't return it.