5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent full-function watch
I like this watch because it has all the basics that I require: hourly Arabic number indicators from 1 to 12, plus numbers 13 to 24 for 24-hour format, second hand, night-time illumination, plus day and date indicators. Everything is very clear and easy to read.

Published 18 months ago by Amazonian Consumer

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed.
Published on February 11, 2010 by Hosta Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent full-function watch, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Timex Men's T2M932 "Elevated Classics" Silver-Tone Expansion Band Watch (Watch)

The watch's diameter is 1 7/16 inches or 36 mm. It uses a metallic, ELASTIC band that makes putting it on and taking it off effortless. If your wrist has a CIRCUMFERENCE of less than 7.3 inches, then it will fit without stretching the band.

I deem this watch suitable for anyone from kids learning to tell time to old folks having trouble reading clearly.

For less than $40, it is an excellent, practical watch for the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed., February 11, 2010
The face of the watch is nice and big. Dressy but without being over dressy. But the one I received wasn't keeping time. I thought the battery was dead and replaced it..only to find out the battery was good and the second hand was sticking on its way around the face. I've kept the watch, but will have to get to a jeweler who will fix a Timex. Most of them around town turn up their noses. I ended up buying a Seiko since this was intended as a gift to my nephew. The Seiko is self winding and has no problems with workmanship. Sometimes you get a lemon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, bad watch band!, April 19, 2014
There is nothing wrong with the watch, but you will hate the watch band if you have hair on your arms. The watch band pulls at your hairs every time you move - both annoying and painful. I'll not sure if I'll be able to return it or just try to resell it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for the price!!!, January 11, 2013
I have had this watch for over 5 years. For everyday use it is ideal. I work outside and have banged up my share of watches. This watch can take the abuse. If you are not into flair and fanfare, and just want an accurate, well made watch, then this is it. Love the watch. Just bought a new one, since my old one got misplaced by my 4 year old!

4.0 out of 5 stars durable but too loud, December 7, 2012
I own a Timex watch which looks exactly like the one shown, except that mine came with a black leather band with a buckle closure. I bought mine in late 2009 at a local brick and mortar department store. The watch came in a box with a second brown leather band which I have not used yet. I find that the leather band with buckle closure fits me better than the expandable metal bands; my wrists are slightly smaller than average and the expandable metal bands are always too loose on me. I can tell that this is a good, durable watch because it has a few scratches on the face and nicks on the metal band on tip just outside the "glass" (my fault), yet the watch still works fine. The last two watches I owned were made by Armitron - the last one got water inside the dial and quit working, and on my 2nd to last watch, the second hand and metal frame around the date window broke off and were sliding around inside the dial.

The main reason I only give this watch 4 stars and the reason I wish don't really like it, is that the ticking sound is too loud, as another reviewer of another similar looking Timex watch also observed. Before I go to bed, I always take my watch off, put it on my desk or chair, and then cover the watch with a place mat or dish towel, otherwise I can hear the ticking sound from my bed about 4 to 5 feet away.

I will also mention that the price on the box is $59.99, but after having a nice conversation with the girl at the jewelry counter she gave me "friends and family discount" and sold me the watch for only $49.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!, July 30, 2014
Cannot tell you how much I love this watch. I wear it for my office job all the time. It is the best watch I've ever had. It is simple and elegant at the same time. I love how when the sun shines on it in a certain way the silver numbers glisten against the black background. It keeps excellent time with the day of the week and the date. Love it!! The price is right too. There are a few things that make it not absolutely perfect, but I think the other qualities of the watch make up for it. When it comes time to change the date, the mechanism can be a little sloppy and you wind up having to readjust the time. The band looks great, but for the life of me I could not adjust it. I had to use my old band. Also don't even think of changing the battery. I couldn't. I took it to a watch place with tools and they couldn't. Problem is that you cannot get the back plate back on. It's supposed to have a great battery. When mine dies, I'm sending it back to Timex to install a new one. Still - this is a great watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really sleek watch, October 3, 2013
This is my first watch and I love it. It looks really nice and I've gotten many compliments on it. I really like the expansion band, even though it occasionally gets caught on my arm him (which only really happens when I first put it on in the morning). I've had this watch for about a 45 days so far, and noticed that it is now 2 seconds off. It's not a big problem though, and easy enough to fix every other month. This watch is also very quiet, in my opinion. The only way I can hear it is if I hold it right up against my ear. I also like the indiglo function, which helps during night. There are also glow in the dark hands. This almost seems bad, but the glow is very dim, and I only notice it if I'm looking for it. I like that though. It makes it even easier to see the time in the dark (you can't see the numbers, but the location of the hands makes it easy if you can read a clock).

This watch is great, and I'd recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a thousand dollar watch., July 15, 2014
mousepotato (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Ok, so the watch is boring right? No, it looks kind of classy, like Rolex Explorer 1 classy, but with Day and Date. Haha, something that Rolex doesn't have. AND...I can wear it in the shower, bang it around, and it has INDIGLO at night, which I could never do with my Rolex. Also, I never worry about syncing it with an atomic clock because it is reliable month after month. The band is kind of the funky 70's elastic style, but I put my own rubber deployment band on and people think I'm wearing a thousand dollar watch. I seem to be collecting these Timex Easy Reader type watches because... they're good. They seem styled after some old Omega Constellations, but tons more modern. Don't ask me how I know. And no watch winder to plug in! When the iWatch comes out, I'll still be wearing a Timex to work, shower, golf, bike, mowing the lawn. Timex has never let me down.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy customer, October 29, 2013
bought this watch for my Husband for Xmas. Loved the Price, loved the overall look of the Watch. Im sure he's going to love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mans expansion band watch., October 24, 2013
This is a Christmas gift. I looked at a lot of watches and think this is the one he will wanted.