Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 2, 2008
I recieved the watch 4 days ahead fo the 'due date', and found it to be new, in excellent condition, and with all intructions included, although, it proved to be very easy to set time, day, and date. Fine looking piece, evidently, the top of the Timeex line, and so far it's working quite well. Fine looking watch. Looks much more expensive than it was. It stated that it was not in stock, but I took a chnce and bought it anyway.
I highly recommend this watch, based on it's appearance and the Timex record of quality. James Osmond
11 comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2010
I have had this watch for more than four years, since 2006. I'm a professional and I wear it at the office five days a week. I think it is better looking than my Seiko stainless steel watch. It works perfectly, showing no signs of deterioration. The battery is still going strong. As my eyesight fades with age (I am very far-sighted), I appreciate watches I can read easily without glasses. Unfortunately, the brass-colored hands on this watch are difficult for me to read in bright sunlight, because they shine too brightly. At night, however, the watch is perfect: The indiglo feature is indispensable.

It is now two years later (2012) since I wrote the above, and I'm still fond of this watch. I disagree that it is too small for a grown man (I am just under six feet), and I suspect people's judgment has been affected by the clock-sized watches that are so popular right now, which I would never wear. I find the wristband comfortable and easy. When the battery wore down six months ago, I gladly replaced it, and I'm good to go for another six years (I hope). One thing, though, which knocks off one star. When I am setting the watch, it seems cheap. The knob feels as if it is about to come off (it never has). Also, to set the day of the week, one has to move the hands around for however many hours it takes to get to the day he wants. (The date sets easily without that problem.) It's a one-time thing unless one is a frequent traveler, but it is odd.
on August 22, 2013
I purchased this watch along with another similar Timex watch, to replace an older Timex watch that I wear on weekends. I like the expandable band which this watch has. Unfortunately the band is so tight it makes the watch unwearable. I was willing to spend a few bucks to replace the band but the band on this watch is integrated into the watch and can't be replaced. Given that, I had to return the watch.
33 comments15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
The watch band is really small. I had a hard time getting it over my hand and then it was really tight on my wrist, painfully so. It fits my 12 year old nephews wrist fine. I posted a pic comparing this watch to my current Timex, notice the difference in band size.
review image
on July 2, 2008
I gave this to my husband for Father's Day. He picked it out on your site, so how much easier could buying a present be? He loves the clear numbers, black dial and indiglo features. If he lost this, I know he'd want the exact same one again. Nice looking watch...great price!
on August 1, 2008
Bought this for my 93 year old dad after he lost his watch. The face is big enough for him to see easily. All of the arabic numerals are on the face so there's no guessing the time, and there's a window that tell the day of the week, too. Wasn't sure if he would like it, but he loves it. Wears it all the time. He told me it's comfortable, doesn't pinch his arm, and is easy to read. What else is there to say? Dad loves it!
on November 5, 2009
This watch has been terrific. Looks good and runs fine. I do't buy expensive watches, just replace when they look bad. This timex really looks good and has held up great.
on April 30, 2009
This watch has proven to be as advertised and looks great. The time is easy to read, it's easy to set, and the night light is useful. I would recommend this watch 100 %.
on September 25, 2012
Product came quickly and in great condition but I was surprised to discover just how small the watch was.
This is probably a great watch for a teen or preteen but the band isn't really long enough for the average man' wrist nor is the width of the watch or band. I would recommend measuring a watch you have and like before ordering a watch online.

It looked funny on me (too small) and I'm not one to wear a giant watch by any means.

Fine watch but not the right size for a man.

I actually ordered 2 different watches and gave this review for both.

I should say that I'm actually amazed how many watch specs imply that this is a standard sized man's watch.

This watch looks really nice and would probably make a nice gift to a younger or smaller teenaged boy. The band is a convenient stretch band which is getting harder to find on a nicer looking watch.

If you're a grown man or buying this watch for one, unless a smaller watch is intended, look for a watch at least 5mm wider than this watch at 35mm width.

Hopefully, Timex will make a few more watches like this in a larger size like they used to.
on September 26, 2013
I read some of the other reviews and they were correct about the band being too small for a man's wrist. It also pinches your skin when you put it on your wrist. I put it on my wrist (woman - 7")and it pinched my skin and just fit. I will have to go out and buy a bigger size band for my husband. I should have listened to the reviews. I was disappointed. The watch itself looks very nice. I plan on giving it to my husband for our anniversary.