Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 18, 2014
This is the best digital watch I have owned. I like the large numbers of the time and date that I can see without my reading glasses. I also like the indiglow for night viewing and that it uses a leather wrist band instead of a synthetic one.
on February 4, 2014
Easy to use buttons, very easy to read display. Comfortable. Good quality and for the price is so low I'm not concerned about getting it a little scratched, since I wear it constantly.
A few more features than I need in the lap timers, so this complicates the operation a little, going through unused function.
on January 23, 2014
Watch has extended/tall number characters for easier reading.... buttons work great, adequate timers.

Had to smooth out (4) sharp corners on watch body near attachment points for band. Installed an old expansion band with no problems.

Watch is fairly thick ....so, will have to take caution on scratching lens. Purchased as a "work watch" at reasonable cost.
on December 6, 2014
I'm revising my review because I bought two of these watches and the indigo light quit working within two weeks after I bought them. I never had trouble with Timex expeditions before but these watches were definitely flawed. I bought two Amitron watches that I like very much and haven't had any trouble with.
on August 19, 2014
Great traveling watch. I use this on long overseas flights. Large numbers, good light for night-time, two time zones for so you can keep track of the time at home while you're overseas. Made entirely of plastic, so don't expect something that looks expensive!
on September 19, 2015
I have spent the better half of two days trying to find an affordable watch that would work in a clinical environment. The Timex T499489J was the only watch that would not upset some of the more sensory sensitive clients while also fitting within my budget. The band is lithe, though it is genuine leather and has held up remarkably well during day-to-day wear thus far. If anyone is looking for a reliable watch without all the bells and whistles that could become distracting, then this is definitely the watch to get.
on June 24, 2015
Looking for a watch for my elderly dad. Wanted large digital lighted display with date, but very simple (not alot of other stuff that he wouldn't use, and that would confuse him). Also wanted a leather band. He is very Happy with this Father's Day gift!
on December 8, 2014
Product arrived very quickly and looks as expected. I will use this one for my expedition kayak camping trips and when I need an outdoor watch. I've had a Timex Expedition for 6 years that I now use exclusively for a daily indoor alarm clock. I especially like the feature to select alarms for Daily, Weekend, or Weekdays. It does everything I need and I love the watch but hate the bands. The band broke within 2 years and I replaced it with a nylon band. It is almost cheaper to buy a new watch than to buy a replacement band. This time I am trying the nylon/leather band to see if it lasts.
on June 5, 2016
After about 14 months the pin keeps popping out because the hole has enlarged. This is not the first Timex watch I have had with this issue. The holes for the pins should be made of stainless grommets embedded in the plastic. I generally do not wear the watch loosely because I roller ski a lot, and the watch would be moving all over the place. But the movement of the wrist is sure to put stress on the holes as you bend the wrist.

Once I had a Timex watch fall of my wrist due to this problem when I was inline skating on a track. The last thing you want to do is trip somebody at 20 MPH with your stupid watch.

I am giving up on these for now.
review image
on December 22, 2015
I got this for my 14 year old for Christmas. The quality seems good and it was very easy to set up. The Indiglo night lighting is very nice and easy to read, which will come in handy when he is out in the woods camping with his Boy Scout troop. It also has the ability to set two time zones, which could come in handy when he goes to Philmont this summer.

He is small for his age, and the wristband on this watch makes it easy to adjust compared to watches with a metal clasp wristband. Time will tell if "Timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking." Last Christmas he got a cheap watch that broke after a few weeks, so hopefully this will last longer.

Timex Men's T499489J "Expedition" Resin Band with Brown Leather Band