Most helpful positive review
28 of 29 people found the following review helpful
Excellent Watch, Best of It's Kind
on February 7, 2013
If you are considering buying this watch, I'd say do it. You won't be disappointed. I was looking for a nice inexpensive analog watch with digital watch features.
This fits the bill very well.
Here are some comments addressing some of the concerns from previous reviews:
1. The gun metal finish is very nice. The dark matte finish is classy, nicer looking than the stainless steel of other Timex metal watches I've seen.
2. The finish has lasted very well. I've been wearing it daily for 5 months and it still looks brand new, no scratches or the finish wearing off on either the watch or the band, the clasp has minor scratches as is expected but the finish has not worn off at all. I take the watch off if I'm doing any heavy work or what not, but in general it's on all the time without any wear and tear showing. I was concerned about this, but not now.
3. Size, Style,and Functionality of the digital window: This part of the watch is great. I like that the window and numbers are small because the whole point of the watch is that it looks like a nice analog watch, but has the abilities to do all the things a normal digital can do. The digital window is well hidden and inconspicuous, but easy to read and use. I don't find it difficult to read in any lighting situation as others have. The digital window has that thing with a green reflective background at certain angles which helps in sunlight and also looks neat.
4. Watch band: nice and sturdy and simple to adjust. Just use a straitened out paper clip to push through the pin of a link you wish to remove and then reinsert once you have removed the number of links you want. Did it myself and wasn't difficult at all.
5. The Light: love it! It's of course excellent at night and is very cool to have on an analog watch, but also helpful if you are in a situation like dusk or a dim lit room and can't easily see the digital window. Press the light and it stays on only while you hold it, for up to 3 seconds allowing you to see what you need but no longer which would eat up the battery. If you hold down the light button for over 3 seconds it will beep and put the watch in a mode where pushing any button puts the light on for 3 seconds. This is perfect for night time use if you are using the digital features. After a while it goes back to the standard way of being single touch light, which is good because generally you don't need to be in this mode. Another cool aspect of the light is that while during the day the watch is black face with white numbers and hands, at night when you push the light it appears as a lit up white-colored face with black numbers and hands.
6. Other Misc. comments: I found it easy to set the analog and digital time to be at the same time, synchronized. First set the digital time, then pull the crown to set the analog time while the second hand is at zero and set the minute hand to one minute ahead, then when the digital time gets to zero push the crown in, and there you go! The digital and analog times stayed perfectly together for the one time I checked which was over a 6 week period. I also like that the default digital window can be left on with the time or on with the day date. To switch between the two, press and hold the upper right button on the watch labeled "alarm". Whichever you choose it stays there until you hold down the button again in order to toggle to the other being the default. Press briefly once to view the other info and then it goes back (in time mode, press it once and you get the date for 3 seconds, and vice-versa). It's also nice that the day date tells you the month and date, as well as the day such as Sunday or Monday etc. Most digital watches don't have this.
7. Size: I think it's a very nice size. Masculine without being huge.
Conclusion: overall a very nice price. Quality feels very nice, very very good styling in my opinion, great "stealth" features, and even some nice added bonuses and surprises. I'm quite happy.