4.0 out of 5 stars Quality and comfort :)
I have had this watch for about a week, and I am impressed with it.
Published on May 20, 2012 by rebelleber

3.0 out of 5 stars Pack Man
I am a Timex fan and my previous two were both this brand. Last one just ran out of battery and lasted more than 5 years. SO I just thought why not get a new one.

I got this one after a few researches. I will start from the parts I like then the parts I don't.

Published on November 20, 2012 by Market Explorer

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality and comfort :), May 20, 2012
This review is from: Timex Men's T2N739 Intelligent Quartz Adventure Series Tide Temp Compass Brown Leather Strap Watch (Watch)
I have had this watch for about a week, and I am impressed with it.
When I ordered this watch I ordered the expedition sport wrap braided nylon band, and I am glad I did. The included band was a decent quality water resistant leather band, but I like the way the nylon breaths much better, is much softer, dries much quicker (I wear it in the shower) and is just more comfortable.
The watch is a bit on the large side, but not overly so, the back plate is slightly curved so i sits comfortably and has no uncomfortable pinch or pressure points, even when bending your wrist all the way forward or back.
The compass functions fine, as does the thermometer though you will need to take it off if you don't want you body heat skewing the accuracy. I have not been able to test the accuracy of the tide gauge, as I am in Afghanistan.
The indiglo is decently bright and makes the watch easy to read.
I am pretty rough with my watches, but I have yet to scratch this one yet which is in its favor.
If I didn't have to buy the nylon wrist band separately, I would have given this 5 stars, and I definitely recommend this watch to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pack Man, November 20, 2012

Wearing: It's very comfortable to wear. Though this item has big face and heavy body, it fits your wrist very well, even for my not that wide wrist. The strap is soft and skin friendly. It stays there like a part of you body.

Design: Gun metal is my favorite color, plus the military green and brown. They together make this watch look decent while not in high profile.

And here are some cons I think:

Needles (Hands): I don't know what was the designer thinking. There are four hands, plus that tail of fourth hand (the one used to indicate temp/tide/compass) was painted in bright white! At the moment you read the watch, it always catches you sight first. Which leads 1 or 2 seconds extra to find out the time hands. And this tail is totally useless here, why not give it some dark color such as the green same as in its head.

The seconds hand: It's supposed to jump right on scales on every second, but instead it always stops in the middle of second scales. Makes me think it's because of poor engineering or poor tuned.

Night backlight: It does not illuminate the whole dial. Center of it stays in dark. Probably because of the tide indicators. Which is not that beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch, July 5, 2012
I happen to like watches with a few gadgets. I've never had a compass watch before. I chose this model because I like military items (USMC 70) and this had a somewhat OD green look to it. It keeps good time, temperature and compass seem to work as advertised. I guess the tide clock works, although I haven't yet driven to the coast to check it. The band is good quality. I did however remember why I usually get watches with big numbers. Old eyes (bi focals) have a hard time seeing the smaller numbers. There is also a lot going on in dial with 4 hands working. I can see it well enough to tell time and I memorized the other numbers.
BTW..... this ad says fixed bezel, but it moves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Have Been So Much Better, February 19, 2013
I am in the military so I loved the look of this watch. I've only had the watch for a couple days (19 Feb 2013) It matches my uniform perfectly and the gun metal finish is really nice. I read all of the reviews before I purchased this watch so I knew what I was getting into. Most complaints were the watch face was too busy with all the different hands. It took a few seconds to realize which hands were the hour and minute hand. I haven't had any issue with that personally. My only complaints are first; the compass is really touchy. I have to calibrate it almost every time that I want to use it. (I have an office job so I don't really need to use it that often but I would still prefer that it worked better) I have even been very careful to not calibrate it to close to any electronics or large metal objects and it still needs to be re-calibrated after almost any idle time. Second; the temp is off by over 10 degrees. Not sure if this has to do with my body heat or not but my house is a nice 70 degrees and if i'm wearing the watch it always says 85. If I take the watch off it does drop a bit but is still not very accurate.

I'll update again if there are any changes.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, but..., December 2, 2012
David N Scott (Woodland Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a unique watch, with its analog tide, temp, and compass functions. I chose it partly because I liked the design, judging it from the photo, and when I received it I was not disappointed. Very well made, the bezel does rotate, and the whole thing looks great. Note that it is a moderately large, thick watch, so don't get it if you prefer thin ones. The dial markings are very clear and well done, with the temperature dial and its tiny numbers looking high-tech.

If you do not know how tide clocks work, I suggest reading up on them (TideClocks.com is good). Any tide clock, including this one, must be manually set by referring to your local tide table, which you can find online. I downloaded a couple of free tide apps for my iPhone, so I could first set the watch's tide clock, and then check it later for accuracy. It turns out the accuracy depends a lot on where you live, as, for instance, the gulf of Mexico has only one tide a day, and therefore tide clocks do not work at all for that area!

My only complaint with the watch is the coloring of the fourth hand, the one used to tell the tide, temp, or compass heading. One end is green (used for temp and compass), which is fine, but the other ball-shaped end (the traditional tide clock style hand) is bright white. The minute and hour hands are also white, so when you glance at the watch to check the time, it is often hard to tell which of the three white hands to look at. If they had just made the tide hand orange (or maybe green), it would have been much easier to read the time.

So, like many high-tech watches, it looks really cool, but is slightly harder to read quickly, I'm getting used to it, but just wanted to warn you. One more thing is that the date always goes to 31. The watch does not know what month or year it is. Of course, most mechanical watches were like that many years ago, but we have become accustomed to our digital wonders that never need adjusting. So, about six times a year, you need to adjust the date at the beginning of the month. It's very easy, just pull out the crown and twist it a tiny bit to change the date. If you are like me, you may not have had a watch like that for many years, so it is kind of nostalgic! And part of the fun of having a mechanical watch (although of course, it is a quality quartz watch that never needs winding, and seems to be very accurate so far).

3.0 out of 5 stars Really nice but hard to figure out, January 6, 2014
Gift for my 21 year old son. He really likes it and thinks the combination of features is very cool (particularly the compass). However, the directions are very complex, and contained in a tiny little book with small print that covers several models so not just specific to this watch. He is still trying to figure it out, but doesn't want me to return it (yet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, December 22, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my fiance and he absolutely loves it! It definitely has that "military look" to it which is right us his ally.

4.0 out of 5 stars timex, December 21, 2013
nice watch i liked it, but there there some things you should do calibration to give you the correct reading such as for temperature and compas

5.0 out of 5 stars quality and style, October 14, 2013
Fantastic look and quality for the price. The only downside of this 'military-techno' dial - at first compass indicator makes it hard to actually read the time. Definitely not a blocker for me though

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for sea kayakers!, September 20, 2014
This the perfect watch for sea kayaking. You do have to set the tide initially, but that's a really handy thing to keep track of if you want to float with the current, or to know how your launch or landing point might change. Also great for hiking coasts where you have to hope around headlands at low tide. The compass will help you out if you're paddling in thick fog and get turned around. You can even calibrate the true north point for your local declination. Is does need to be calibrated first though. And the temperature will work both in the water and in the air, so will help you know how many layers to wear (note that you should take the watch off your wrist for a few minutes to get an accurate temp reading). My biggest complaints are that it doesn't have an alarm, it's a bit larger than i'd like, and you can't use the buttons while underwater, so it's not suited for diving.