5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch! Great color for purple lovers!
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Band/strap issues
Published 18 months ago by Carrie Waterston

3.0 out of 5 stars Band/strap issues, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
I love these watches, have been buying them for years. I've even been scuba diving in one to nearly 100 feet - they're pretty indestructible EXCEPT for one thing. The band, usually after only a few months to a year of continuous use, snaps in half down at the part where you put the buckle tongue through the hole. This makes it impossible to fasten the watch around your arm. You can buy a replacement but be aware that they ONLY come in black; that Timex makes a lot of different kinds of watches and it may take you a few orders to get the right size; and that they're somewhat hard to find.

I just lost the band on this same watch, and much as I'm going to miss it, I've finally decided to just start buying the cheapest Timex made and toss it after the band comes apart. (There's a good one here on Amazon for only $15 that comes with a purple strap, the Timex Women's T5K459 1440 Sports Digital Silver/Translucent Purple Resin Strap Watch.) Finding replacement wrist straps for the Ironman is just too worrisome and it's disappointing to buy a watch for the cute color and then have to put a kludgy black band on it. Timex should either make these bands to match the watches or strengthen them so they're not so easily broken. The little 'holder' part that holds the wrist band down past the buckle usually breaks/falls off too, by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch! Great color for purple lovers!, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
I love this Verizon of the Timex ladies Ironman watch!! Tis style has always been a favorite. This color purple looks fantastic! I haven't seen it in any retail stores, only online. I have bought many of these throughout the years, not because they wear out or the bands break, in fact I've NEVER had a band to break as some others may state on reviews. I have bought numerous Timex Ironman watches because I like to have different color choices on hand. It's a great watch for exercising, running errands and just being a mom n the go! This is a terrific rumple color; very pretty, bit still neutral enough to be worn with so many other colors without "screaming PURPLE!" I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
Very cute purple color. Have had many ironman watches this one holds up. Good product for the price knowing the straps lifetime is limited.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor materials!!!, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
Feature wise the watch works great. Upon arrival, it looks great out of the box. However, after only a few months the paint around the face starts to peel off. I would not recommend this watch to anyone who is a serious athlete.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
I was really excited about this watch because I love the purple color. It looks great. It is a little big. I have about 6-6.5" wrists and I have to put it on the smallest hole and it still moves around a little bit. Other reviews say the band does not last long, which I could see. I have only had it for about 2 months and it already is kind of bent where I hook it. Something strange that happened to me was after about a month of wearing it, I had this burn mark looking spot on my wrist right where the back of the watch face touches. It didn't hurt or anything so I started wearing the watch on the underside of my wrist and it was okay for about 2 weeks. Then I tried wearing it normal again, and within a day, I had the burn mark again. It doesn't bother me that much, so I will continue to wear this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately very disappointed, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
Unfortunately i am very disappointed with the watch. After only a month of normal everyday use the paint around the face starts to peel off. One year later the strap is broken and the paint is completely gone..The replacement strap is expensive and only black not purple.
At first I thought it was only my watch but reading others comments many have the same problem. My potos: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo1BK2RFR4HSYUI/B0083XES5O

3.0 out of 5 stars Really cute watch!!! Just not very durable..., February 3, 2014
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
This is my second Timex Ironman watch. I had the first one for 2 years and wore it every day. It eventually started getting a few scratches but still looks pretty good. I ordered this one because it's purple, and I loved the other Ironman watch so much. The paint on the bezel of this watch started chipping off in the first 2 weeks of wear. I'm very disappointed in the quality. I do love the look of the watch and the display.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
Watch is perfect...great color, fits comfortably on wrist, and love the indiglo which allows you to see the time no matter how dark it is. The numbers are easy to read and the watch was easy to set following the directions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised by poor durability, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
This Ironman watch was purchased as a replacement for one which remained in good condition for almost five years. In contrast, this new Ironman watch has problems a few months after purchase. The purple material around the face is flaking/wearing off, making the "STOP RESET" and "INDIGLO" labels very difficult to read. I thought at first I had scraped the watch against something, but then I noticed the "scraped" area growing ...non-contiguously, so it wasn't a scrape. My guess now is that the purple coating or its application is at fault. I would not buy this style of watch again; I would buy the other style of Ironman watch which does not have labels outside the face of the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Ironman Watch, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651 (Watch)
Timex Ironman Watches are the only watches I wear when working out. They handle sweat and help you keep track your indurance information as you workout. The Purple Color is great. Traditionally I have only seen these watches in Black or Gray. It's great to see that Timex has branched out a bit with some bold strong colors. Timex makes the best Workout watch and they have been around for ever.

Timex Ironman 30-Lap Digital Women's watch #T5K651