5.0 out of 5 stars Naked and helpless without it
Published on June 6, 2009 by not Margaret Thatcher

2.0 out of 5 stars great watch, bad band
This watch is great...I love the looks. That is until about 3 months after I bought it. The band has turned green! It's been about 6 months now, and I'm looking into a Casio b/c I can't stand looking at the green band anymore.
Published 22 months ago by Wendy

5.0 out of 5 stars Naked and helpless without it, June 6, 2009
I'm addicted to this watch and let me tell you--I use and abuse it. It's been on my wrist for 2yrs10mos; honestly I can recall less than a dozen times I've had it off. This watch has been to Burning Man (extremely harsh conditions) and around the world (18 countries, 35 cities). It's been on hikes and runs. It's been submersed without abandon. I use nearly every single function, constantly. I have never had another sport-type watch and yet I didn't have to read the instructions in order to use it. I find the functions very intuitive.

When I say I use the functions I don't mean that I used the timer once to hard-boil some eggs. I mean that I actually USE all the functions ALL DAY LONG. I consult all three time zones daily because I have/had a husband in Iraq and have friends and family abroad. I use the chrono/lap four times per day to monitor the baby's naps. I use the timer at least six times/day for the laundry, heating bottles, and with the "repeat at end" function to remind me to drink water every two hours. (I could use a 2nd timer, to be honest.) I use the alarms and love that they can be set for only weekdays, only weekends, or every day. (What a great idea!) I use the nightlight every night since the baby is up at least once and, naturally, I open one bleary eye to check the time. Regarding the night light I wish the light stayed on a little longer and I find the flick light function to be worthless. You'll break bones in your wrist flicking it hard enough to make the light come on.

This watch has been on the slopes and in rainstorms, pools, hot tubs, and the ocean. It's been on my wrist for every shower I've ever taken and submersed in dishwater twice a day. The highest compliment I can give the water-resistance feature is that I have never hesitated before doing something while wearing the watch. I just assumed it would work and it did. I have never had a water problem with it.

I replaced the battery once, I think. (Maybe twice?) I haven't had the band breakage issues that others have had, possibly because I never take it off and thus never "stress" the band. The silver paint around the face began to wear off shortly after I got it and it's looking pretty WT right about now but the plastic under the paint is sort of a metallic-ish tan/silver so it's not really too noticeable to other people unless they are really looking at my watch. Demerits for that.

The styling is definitely "sporty" and it doesn't translate well to dress clothes. I covet those Tissot/TAG/etc metal casual watches but to be honest, I can't do without the precision chrono and timer let alone the awesomeness of never having to remember what day of the week (or month) it is because I can always just look at my wrist. Why doesn't Timex make one of these in metal? I don't mind the digital display, just sometimes would like something other than resin and rubber.

After 2yrs10mos the band finally broke when my daughter pulled on it. I'm ordering the exact same style and would pay ten time this much for the amount of use and functionality I got out of it. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my watch, February 17, 2007
Laura (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
I received my Timex T5E951 about 2 months ago. Very functional and easy to use. I love it. I had no problem with it so far. The numbers are VERY sharp and the indiglo light is a very nice improvement over the old system (light in the corner). The wrist band has a locking system that prevents the end from sticking out, and that was a good surprise!!! The picture on amazon.com is not very accurate as far as color though. I would recommend a peak at the Timex website for more accurate pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest Ironman watch I have ever owned, August 28, 2007
I have owned several Ironman watches by Timex going back ages. They used to be so complicated to use, but I needed the features it offers. The Indiglo is better, hoping it will lead to longer battery life. The stopwatch (chronograph) is much, much easier to use because this one tells you how to reset it, rather than guessing. But what I am delighted about most of all is that the numbers are clearer on the face than ever before. As far as alarms go, I can now tell which ones are on and which ones are off, as the watch TELLS me. I always wear the bands out, so I give these watches a lot of wear and tear, feeling that I am getting my money's worth. This watch fills the bill and the color choice was fabulous on the Amazon site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and comfortable, September 4, 2007
Amazon Customer (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Day and time are easy to read. Buttons are good size and become intuitive very quickly. Band is comfortable and easy to secure. Night light feature is not a back light, but lights up the numbers instead. Can't be seen in light, but very easy to read in the dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall pleased, March 19, 2012
I really like this watch. It does exactly what I wanted it to and it is very cute. However, the band disappointed me a little. It does get dirty pretty easily. I have found that a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser does the trick for cleaning it up though!

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, no issues for swimming., May 7, 2009
I have used it for 2 month and so far have no issues using it in the pool. I wish the lap number was bigger so easier to read under water. Overall, a good quality sports watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice watch, January 13, 2008
This is a really nice and easy to use watch especially for the money. I bought it for my 11 year old daughter and it is perfect for her. The buttons are easy to use and very intuitive. We did not even need to use the instructions to figure everything out. Would definitely buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars great watch, bad band, November 18, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for timing laps at the pool!, May 16, 2013
This is the 3rd Timex Women's Ironman Watch I've owned. The first one was the smaller version and I found the buttons hard to press when I was swimming laps at the pool. The 30-lap version has buttons that are MUCH easier to press in a kick turn. The second Timex Ironman watch I owned was a 30-lap version with a blue/grey band. The band broke after about 2-3 years of CONSTANT use and abuse. This one, my third one, has worked beautifully. I have noticed, like other reviewers, that the band gets dirty easily. The white resin band seems to soak up the blue coloring from my jeans and it is a stubborn stain. My other colored resin bands did not have this issue.

Still, this is one of my favorite things I own. I know, it's simple, but it's great. It's reliable, easy to use, simple and versatile. I use this watch for timing fitness laps (run/bike/swim), I use it as a kitchen timer, I use it as an alarm clock, oh, and as a watch too. You can easily toggle between two time settings in case you care to track two time zones or toggle between standard and military time format.

I recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive/Practical Watch, January 3, 2012
Prompt delivery. Item arrived as described. As a nurse this watch has many useful features. It has the 12 or 24 hour time set. It displays the time & seconds, day of week, month & date. Has the Indiglo feature. It has 3 alarm settings and a chronograph. These are the features I use often when on the job. Some other features include a timer for lap times. I assume these features are for athletes such as runners or swimmers. The only drawbacks for me were that the chronograph and alarm are a bit tricky to access and set. Often times when I press the buttons on the side, it takes me directly to the timer & laps feature. Even when I read the directions, I still has difficulty remembering which buttons to press for the correct use of features. Other than that, the watch is water proof and fits comfortably for the most part.

Timex Ironman 30-Lap Mid-Size Watch - Grey/Black