Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2009
This is my fourth heart rate monitor in 12 years. By far the best so far.

Pros:
Intuitive menus.
Easy to read large display.
Easy to change priority display in dual display mode. See heart rate in large view or split/lap time.
Easy to select target heart rate zone for workout planned.
Easy to review workout data.
Actually comes with a book on heart rate training principles.

Cons:
Chest strap is rather short. I'm not a big guy but had to extend the strap to its longest length. May not fit people with large chest.
Only captures time spent in target zone. Other monitors I had also captured time above and below target zone, which can also be useful.
on March 29, 2009
I finally got a heart rate monitor after searching a long time. It seemed every time I would decide on one and then go to buy it a couple days later, it would disappear or cost a lot more. This monitor is nice after you get the hang of it, which took me a little while. It picked up a signal pretty quickly and the chest strap stayed on nicely. The calories burned seemed way to high, which disappointed me. It said i burned 680 calories during a 50 minute Jillian video. While, I was in zone 3-4 mostly, it still seems like an overstatement. Overall, it does it's core job and the zone feature is really handy.
on September 23, 2012
Well, I'll start off by saying that I returned it.

The chest strap fit well with plenty of room to make it smaller as needed. Since it fit under the band of my sports bra, I didn't really notice it as I worked out. It seemed to take an accurate heart rate, as I also checked my own heart rate manually.

I wanted a HRM with split/lap capability for running, accurate HR and calorie burn. The calorie burn was waaaaaay off on the HRM. I triple checked a variety of online calorie burn calculators. The HRM was well over the highest estimate by 400 calories. Another review suggested reducing my weight by 5# increments until the calorie burn seemed more accurate. After taking off over 30 pounds in the HRM, it was still registering really high calorie burn numbers. As that was one of the 3 major components I wanted, that was sort of a deal breaker.

Overall, the watch was easy to set up and within a couple workouts I was able to maneuver the menus while running without any difficulty. I didn't find the buttons to be too small or hard to press. The split/lap button on the face of the watch was a bit sensitive and prone to accidental bumping. I also found the split/lap review a little difficult to read/comprehend.

If accurate (or even semi-accurate) calorie burn is a factor in purchasing this HRM, then reconsider. When I contacted Timex customer service, they replied that I should send it in to them. Frankly, it wasn't worth the time and effort (and expense) to do that.
on January 6, 2012
Like this watch. Borderline love it. Like the size, reliable hrm readings, easy to learn programming. But after about a year of use the band broke. Good luck finding a replacement on-line. I took it back to where I bought it -- they had to ship it off to Timex repair. It took about 3 months, but I did eventually get the watch back with a new band. Now, after about 2 months of use, the band has broken again. Bummer.
on June 9, 2011
I had bought and used this watch before. After about two years, the HR monitor didn't work, it would just read a HR of 240. (I have read other reviewers have this problem as well) I really needed a HR monitor to train for the triathlon season and so I decided to send my old monitor to timex for repair and bought a less expensive version to use in the meantime. Well, the less expensive version was NOT at all what I needed so I returned it for this item. I loved my old one and this version is much the same. It is easy to use and the data is easy to read. I also love that you can view your HR and the chrono timer at the same time. (The less expensive version did not have this feature, it was one or the other.) I am a competitive, recreational triathlete and I feel like this monitor is a great tool to help me train smarter. You can customize your zones or just enter your max HR and the watch will set them for you. It also had a recovery mode that I find useful. And after your workout you can review time, average HR, time in zone, and calories burned (I've read some people feel this is inaccurate but I think it's good for a general idea of calories expended. I don't expect it to be exact.)You can also activate an alarm to sound when you are out of your target HR zone.
Useful features, great price, valuable training tool. We'll see hoe long the HR monitor accurately works but at this price, I feel like I got my moneys worth.I highly recommend.
on March 7, 2010
I bought this watch mostly for the heart rate monitor. However, I really like everything about it. The heart rate monitor does a nice job during my workouts. It takes a few minutes to display the actual heart rate accurately, but once it is working, I find it very accurate. I really like the target heart rate zone monitor and the calories burned reading also. Another plus is the dual time zone feature which worked out well on my recent vacation to Australia. At a touch of a button, I could see what time it was back home. I have a very small wrist, so the band is a bit large. I have to wear it in the smallest hole possible, but it does fit at this setting. Overall, I am very happy with this watch.
on May 27, 2011
I am a runner and I live by the split timing feature on watches when training. I have tried several heart rate watches (including the running series by polar) and found them all to be sup par on the lap timing feature. The others have a lap timer but it shows the overall time, not the current lap. Due to this I had to use two watches to get the feature that I wanted. Of course my other watch was a timex. I then tried the timex heart rate monitor and it has exactly the same timing feature as their watches.

The other feature is that the heart rate watch is the same size as their watches. Now I just wear the heart rate watch all the time.

*Update* I also use the watch for swimming. I am very careful to only press buttons when the watch is above the water. I have blown through two watches in the span of 1.5 years because they both got water logged. I have had two other watches that I use for swimming and over a 5 year span neither of them have been water logged. After the second timex died, I gave up on heart rate monitors because there is not one that I have found that has the functionality and the quality that I am looking for.
on May 9, 2012
I just received the watch 2 days ago. The directions were very hard to follow...luckily i found a video on you tube showing how to set up the HRM on the Timex Ironman Road HRM. After that it was a snap to use. The only drawback at this time is that it is very easy to hit the lap button when you are working out on the floor.

Except for that i would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a HRM that is economical.
on August 10, 2015
Works great. For the price it's fantastic, even without the heart rate monitor function. The multiple timezones is also great (I tend to travel internationally for 1-2 weeks at a time so it's quite nice to know local and home time). I hear concerns about accuracy of the heart rate monitor but for me it's been great. Accurate enough (recreational ride; typically anywhere between 2-5 hour rides)
on September 12, 2012
I have had this item for some time now. I thought it was waterproof but after wearing it to a water park I found that it was "water resistant."

Funny- I've had the watch on while wakeboarding and swimming with no problems, but when I wore it to Schlitterbahn it got water in it. :( I had to take it to a watch shop to get it fixed.

The chest strap is adjustable with an elastic type band on it. The adjusting slider can be uncomfortable it you happen to have it under your back during yoga or ab work. I have started removing half of the strap and letting it hang so that the slider doesn't rub my spine.

The front piece sits just under your pecs (or bra band for women). Half the time I forget I'm wearing it. --I have worn it for hours of paintball or riding the wave runner and wakeboarding with no problems.--

It has an indiglo feature. Handy for wearing to a movie you can't wait to get out of.

You can see your heart rate while watching your time spent on exercises which is helpful to determine if you are giving it your all. There is no computer hook ups, so you will need to use a tracking website to keep your data together. I didn't want an HRM I needed any sort of membership for.

After your workout you can check "Review" and see your time, average HR, and even Calories Burned.

It does have "lap" settings, but I don't use those.

And, it's pretty cute for a sport type watch.