Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 19, 2008
I purchased this watch and have worn it daily for about 2 years and 3 months. I am disappointed in this watch's face and watchband materials. I also don't like the way it lights in the dark.

First of all, the purple color peeled/deteriorated to silver rather quickly, before the first year was up, I think.

After two years, the watchband retainer (that keeps the extra length of strap in place) broke.

Today, I noticed that the watchband had broken at the notch - completely through on one side, and half torn on the other. I am attempting to superglue it but won't know for a day or two if that repair will be enough to keep it together - and I'm leaving for a long trip just after that, so this is even more worrisome.

As an initial impression, I did not like (and have never grown accustomed to) the way the Indiglo light worked. Primarily, this type of watch lights up the numbers rather than the face, and it is too dim and shuts off too quickly. This watch is supposed to light up when you shake your wrist, but I rarely used this feature.

The alarm and functions are pretty good, and I don't believe I've had to replace the battery so far. Also, the buttons have not failed as they did with previous Timex women's watches I owned.

I expect a watch's materials to hold up longer than 1-2 years. However, for under forty dollars, I guess I probably got what I paid for.
on March 28, 2007
I am training for the London Marathon and this watch is just what I needed. It's so easy to use, especially when you are running, and records splits too!

I would recommend this watch to anyone who needs a sports watch to record split times.

The Indiglo feature is really cool too in that the actual numbers light up and not the whole watch face.

One other feature that I really like is that the band that you slip the end of the strap through to hold it in place actually has a little nubbin on it that holds it in place along the strap. On all my other sports watches the band always slipped off the strap and the strap would get caught on my clothing.

Just a warning though, the purple is not really that purple, but if you look closely you can tell. As I was more interested in the functionality of the watch, it doesn't really matter to me.
on March 25, 2014
I needed a replacement watch, and this one totally fits the bill. I want the day and date, as well as the time, of course, and the alarm will come in handy when I travel. The size is appropriate for my less than useful eyes, and I like the Indiglo feature as well.
on April 27, 2009
I bought this watch as a replacement for my old Women's Ironman watch that was purchased around 1998. Because that watch lasted so long (it actually still works) I knew I would stick with the Ironman line and I could still enjoy an upgraded product. I have used this new watch to train and complete a sprint triathlon, and I look forward to many more years' use. A great buy!
on July 6, 2011
Ah, Timex! For decades Timex was my go-to watch brand for travel. When I recently needed to replace my trusty "Expedition", I looked to Timex. Unfortunately my old favorite watch is no longer made, so I ordered this watch. Perhaps the watch would have worked well, but I'll never know. The strap was so inflexible and uncomfortable that the watch was sent back immediately.
on May 2, 2014
This is my third or fourth Timex watch of this type. I love all the features, and I can time my laundry, my naps, have different alarms for different meds. I guess I'm not using it in the normal manner, to become an Iron Woman (tho I do exercise a lot).
My only complaint is that the band doesn't last more than about three years with continuous use. It breaks and can't be replaced. But by then the watch is fairly disreputable looking anyway so I don't mind a new one. These watches are a part of my life!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
Bought this watch for it's timer and alarm functions which work great. I also wanted something I could wear outside in the garden and barn that would be waterproof and shockproof. So far I am very happy with this watch. It doesn't stick up high from my arm and catch on things like the Casio and others, it's rounded and the strap is very comfortable and designed not to come off by accident.The alarm is very easy to set, is loud enough to hear (unlike Casio) and turn on and off. Now if it lasts a few years I'll be very happy!
on July 4, 2014
I had one of these watches I wore for ages. I finally died so I ordered a second. The price is very competitive. These are excellent watches. They are light and comfortable to wear. They take punishment and are easy to clean up.
on September 26, 2007
Hi,

I have to say this is a great watch with all the useful functions. I especially love the 3-time-zone function for someone like me who travels a bit and has families oversea. However, I have to agree with a previous review regarding the color of the watch. The color of the watch I receive is totally different from what it is shown on Amazon.com. Honestly, there is only two colors I can tell - sliver and black. There is no purple as far as I can tell.
on April 5, 2007
I got this watch for my wife and she absolutely loves it! She likes the color, the way the band feels on her wrist, the fact that she can program it herself, and that it's not "too sporty". She likes it so much that she sleeps with it on and basically only takes it off when she takes a shower... Sometimes it seems like she likes that watch more than me! :)