Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 26, 2011
Apparently there are several different 16mm bands for various versions of the Timex 30 lap Ironman watch. This band wouldn't fit mine because of the contour where the band meets the watch. There should be a way to reference bands by watch model number to help find the right one. In my case, the 7B808 would not fit at all but 7B799 is an exact fit. But how to know this before ordering??
44 comments49 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2012
This is the correct Timex band replacement for the Timex 30-lap T5H591 (among others). It is the original high-quality band - not a copy. As others have said, it can be a challenge to find the right band, so do your homework.
on January 13, 2012
After searching stores and other online catalogs, I took a shot on this band. It seems there are a few different bands out there that say they are for the Timex Ironman series of watch. This one is a perfect fit for the 30 Lap Flix watch. The product matches the photo exactly. The key to knowing if this works for your particular watch is to check two things: first compare the tops of the watch band you own with the one in the picture. It's key that the shape of the band you own matches the one in the picture. The second, is to take a ruler and hold it up to the back of your watch, just above the pin. My watch measures just around 15.5mm. I guess the 16mm description means the pin length, but it fits perfectly.
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2011
Fits well and is the same type construction as the original. Very difficult to install. For it to be easy one really needs a spring bar tool. Be careful to order the correct band. Various bands are similar in appearance. I almost ordered an incorrect band. Check the width between the lugs and be sure to compare the way the strap integrates into the lugs. There are various shapes and sizes for ironman watches.
on January 29, 2015
To save time and frustration, call 1-800-448-4639 for Timex customer svc. I had the correct band on order in 3 minutes. All they need is $10.00 and the 3 digit code off back of watch. EASY
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2013
don't let it fool you it's not for the man's size 30-lap ironmans those are the 18mm ... amazon of course was spot on for a return refund ... so it's only a hit on them and the vendor for the description and wasted time.
on March 24, 2011
Not a lot to review. It was just the same as the original band. With a little bit of patience it is easy to install (i replaced it myself with a couple of small screwdrivers). Be careful to choose the band width that fits your watch.
on April 26, 2011
I have 3 of these watches and had 2 more before that I lost. The 3 that I own lasted very well. The one with the band that broke is at least 3 years old and was worn 7 days a week. It tore on the main loop hole that I use and the cuff that holds the tail broke. The replacement band was a little more flexible than my original and the logos near the watch face were grey rather than the orange I had previously, but the band is great. The only complaint I have is that the metal clasp at the end seemed a little cheaper and didn't look as nice in my opinion. It was not a problem though, because I was able to easily switch that part out with my old one. The watches last forever, so it is worthwhile to replace the band rather than the whole thing. Happy with the purchase.
on February 19, 2013
I purchased the 7B808 watch strap because Amazon recommended this strap as a direct fit replacement for my Timex 30 Lap Ironman Triathlon Watch.

I looked through the pictures of the different straps available and the picture showed a strap with the same profile and matching grey color Ironman "M" logo. Other models had orange, cutout, or no "M" logo at all. I thought this was a good confirmation that Amazon had selected the correct strap for my watch's part number.

The strap arrived in a genuine Timex Ironman 16mm Triathlon 30 Lap case, but when I went to replace the strap I was surprised that the new strap is noticeably smaller than the original. The whole strap seems to be about 5/8" shorter than the original on both sides (1 1/4" total) and the entire strap is slightly narrower. it is the correct contour where the strap meets the watch bezel, but it is a very loose fit. I reconfirmed on the official Timex website that this is the correct replacement strap number for my model watch... It does not take the 18mm strap that is also available for other models.

I considered that the original may have stretched slightly over time, but that doesn't seem to be enough to explain the 1 1/4" difference. This particular strap seems to have been either mislabeled/packaged or manufactured incorrectly.

Recommendation: As other reviewers said... Be careful. Finding a strap in a local store may be the way to go.
on November 19, 2014
Wrong band for my watch. Call Timex directly and order your replacement strap from them. They will ask you for the number off the back of the watch and they'll know exactly the type of replacement strap to send you for about $10.