Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 11, 2011
I have owned my Ironman Triathlon watch for years and after the original watchband became warn out and broke I tried several other bands as replacements--only because I never located this true replacement band. None of the other replacements worked well or for long. Found this replacement band on Amazon recently and decided to try it--perfect fit and now my reliable old Timex is as good as new. My Timex watch has the following info carved into the back of the watch: Timex Ironman Triathalon Shock Resistant; Water Resistant 200 Meters; Stainless Steel Caseback; U.S. Pat. Nos, D 360,589; CR2016; 746 NN. The front of the watch is identified as: Shock Resistant (blue background); Ironman; Timex Triathalon Indiglo; Black bezel with silver/gray casing. I hope this helps with absolute identification; always my hardest task when trying to replace the band.
on May 23, 2012
This watch band is strange. The band that I received seems like it is for 2 different watches. One side of the band lays flat, and the other side does not, so the watch sits at an odd angle on the wrist. The band also has a very cheap feel to it. Granted, I only paid 9 bucks for it, but I just don't see it lasting very long. My Ironman watch is a few years old and I'm sure it will need a battery soon, so now I'm wishing I spent $30 on a new watch instead. I will try to upload a couple of pictures on Amazon.
review image review image
on December 26, 2012
My band came apart and needed to be replaced. Since the watch itself stillworked fine, I was happy to see I could get a band for under 10 bucks vice a whole new watch. Unfortunately, I hate the replacement band.

For one, the metal clasp is about half the weight of the original and it feels cheap.

Secondly, the way the secured ends of the two sides align with the watch itself is horrible, and not symmetric. On the original band, there was a "C" shaped edge that would grap hold of the back edge of the watch and hold that band aligned relatively horizontal. It's hard to explain but if you were to hold the watch portion in your fingers with the face facing upward, the bands on each side would lay almost horizontally with a slight hang. That was to ensure that the back of your wrist and the back of the watch contacted flat, and then the band would wrap around the rest of your wrist. With this replacement band, one side is designed that way and the other side isn't! So with the face of the watch pointed upward, one side band lays almost horizontal and the other side hangs straight down. But what's worse is how it then fits on your wrist. If you have a manly wrist at all, one edge of the watch lays flat on your wrist and the other side tries to sit slightly off your wrist which feels and looks stupid if you look at it closely.

Returning this product as soon as possible.
on May 8, 2013
The replacement was easy, although this strap is not quite as robust as the one that came with the watch, although it may prove to be as good as the original if the slightly thinner band is less prone to flex cracking.
on January 8, 2016
Fits my Armatron nicely! Make sure to carefully measure the watch to get the right one. I replace the original strap because the original velcro one came undone in water, stunk really bad from sweat, and wasn't comfortable. This strap doesn't come undone, very adjustable to wrist sizes, hasn't rusted, doesn't stink from sweat, easy to clean off, and hasn't faded, cracked, or aged despite daily use and abuse.
on February 14, 2014
I'm glad they still make replacement watchbands for the old Ironman watch that I've had since the early 1990s. Even though the alarm doesn't work anymore, I still like to wear it. But the band breaks every 5 years or so.
on September 15, 2015
Great price, fast shipping. Although the retaining pins are not shown in the picture, they are included in the package. Mine were taped to the clear package behind the label so be sure not to toss the package away before removing the pins. Fit my 22 year old Ironman Triathlon perfectly!
on August 7, 2014
I bought this watch band to go on my Timex water resistant watch that I had purchased years ago at Wal-Mart. I used to buy replacement bands at Wal-Mart until they quit stocking the ones like this Timex band which fit my watch. The reason I like this band is because I wear my watch to work in and when my wrist gets sweaty it doesn't hurt the band at all. I just take off my watch and rinse it and the band off with water and I'm good to go until the next time I get it dirty. This size of this particular band (18 mm) also fit my watch just right as this is the correct size that I needed, and none of the bands that I liked in Wal-Mart were in this size. Even though my Timex is not an Ironman this band fit my watch and was exactly what I wanted. This should be a good replacement for any Timex Sports watch that uses an 18 mm strap.
on June 9, 2013
The watch band was a Timex exact replacement for my "ancient" Ironman watch. Great price and fast shipping. I've tried other bands on this old knock around watch, but just like the original band the best.
on September 30, 2013
This is not a critique of Amazon, but one of Timex. It took me quite a while to find a replacement band for my Ironman Triathelon 50-Lap watch, as the replacements offered by Timex looked nothing like what is on my watch. After finally deciding this was it, I ordered from Amazon (I had also checked Timex's WEB site - same item there) which delivered promptly. It took me more than a half-hour to get the notched portion in place on the watch (mine had cracked and broken) and it barely fit. I spent more than a half-hour on the other part of the band and it NEVER fit into place. Furthermore, the replacement bands are of even thinner material than the original was. While I love the watch (this is my second), the bands leave more than enough to be desired, especially the replacement bands that DO NOT FIT! I'll seriously consider getting another brand in the future that functions the same way as the Ironman but has a better quality wristband.