Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 5, 2014
All the the following in the description are FALSE:
-Target zone lets you preset desired heart rate exercise zone; alarm notification when you are not in zone
-Track time spent within selected heart rate target zone
-Heart rate displayed as [...] percentage of max
-Recovery heart rate timer measures your heart rate after timed recovery during or after workout
-Automatic activity timer automatically records elapsed workout time
-Workout review recalls [...] time-in-zone, average and peak heart rates...

I'm not returning it because I don't want to pay for return shipping when I did not get the product advertised. I can make do, but getting a product without the advertised functions is a severe limiter to my planned use. I am NOT a happy camper.
on March 26, 2013
The trainer shows that it is communicating with the chest strap, but then after 5 mins it stopped I was unable to get it to work even after changing batteries, so I had to send it back, I really thought being a Timex it would work better, very disappointed.
on May 13, 2013
This monitor does what it has to do. It measures heart rate, real time. It is cheap and accurate. No extras that I will never use. Just perfect.
on January 14, 2013
I was very happy with this product. It was simple and easy to use. However, after about a year of 6 day a week usage, the monitor stopped communicating with the watch. I replaced the batteries, but no luck. I guess it wasn't a bad buy for the price, but don't expect it to last long..
on April 2, 2013
By no means the fanciest kid on the block, this Timex HRM gives you the time of day, current heart-rate, and a few other useful features.

True, the plastic wristband leaves a bit to be desired in terms of 'feel'... but all-in-all a good value, I think.
on March 22, 2013
This Timex replaces the identical model that served me well for nearly two years. When this one dies, I'll get another!
on August 17, 2012
It is a very good and quite accurate heart rate monitor, but it doesn't do basic things that a watch would do. It doesn't have a stop watch, and this is what bothers me the most. Other than that it is a very goos purchase if you only want to monitor you heart rate during your exercise. I use it a lot.
on February 5, 2014
yes, the chest strap worked for me, the watch does pick up my heart rate, and i do get a summary of my activity once i press off, but I bought this watch specifically for the target zone and alarm and am saddened that i did not read all of the reviews because this watch does not have it.

false statements are:

-Track time spent within selected heart rate target zone
-Heart rate displayed as [...] percentage of max

it would seem that the product details for the Timex Personal Heart rate Monitor are for other another watch.
on April 4, 2014
No problems I use this watch in my three day a week spinning classes. I am getting good accurate readings. Just remember you must wet the chest pickup I mean get it very wet or it will not pickup your heart rate.
on February 14, 2014
This is my third heart rate monitor. The first one was a different brand which required that I send it away to have the lithium cells replaced at no small cost, and no data for a while. It failed after several years. The first Timex ran from June 2010 to about Dec 2013, and the second is now in use. Replacing the chest strap's lithium cell is no problem. If you are comfortable with a little micro electronics work, you can replace the watch's lithium cell yourself, or a jeweler can do it for a fee.This is a little tricky with just two hands, so I bought a bench vacuum vise to use as a third hand to hold the watch body solidly in place. Then with a loupe, tweezers and micro screwdriver - and some practice, it goes smoothly. Being of non-American manufacture, its price, overnight turnaround and useful lifetime make it a fair deal, in my opinion.