1,206 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Display and Very Repsonsive
This is my fourth HRM and by far the best. The display is big and very readable even in dim light without using the indiglo. My last two HRMs were the older model Timex Ironman 100 lappers. They became very unreliable even with new batteries. I used to have to use electrode gel just to get them to work at all. This HRM gives me an accurate reading immediately and...
Published on January 29, 2008 by Gut Monkey

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with perfomance
I just purchased this item and am returning it today because it didn't work well at all. I have had several heart rate monitors so I am very familiar with using them. The problem I had with this model is that it would not reliably pick up the signal from the chest band. I followed directions on wetting the band and even used special gel to get better contact...
Published on March 1, 2009 by Robin W. Gates

‹ Previous | 174 75 76121 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple HR monitor, October 29, 2012
It does all I need it to do - tell me my heart rate so I can stay in my fat burning or cardio zone while exercising, and it does that well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex heart rate monitor watch, October 14, 2012
The product works as advertised, but the face is a little dark. Not enough contrast between numbers and background. Not as clear as it appears in the photo, but it does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can replace your own batteries!!, October 13, 2012
This is my second watch from timex. My last one lasted three years and is used daily. I chose this watch because I didn't need to send the strap back to the manufacturer to replace the batteries I can do it myself! Yeah!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 6 months, October 10, 2012
B. Muldowney (Merrimack, NH United States) - See all my reviews
The band stopped transmitting after 5 months. Timex wants me to pay $8 to fix or replace it and send it back to me. That doesn't include the cost to send it to them. The website says you can get a prepaid mailer from participating TIMEX retailers but do not provide a way to find out who is a participating retailer. [...]

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work at all...... I am very disappointed, and you can't return for free either., September 24, 2012
this watch doesn't work at all. It is also extremely confusion to work. I am very disappointed, and you can't return for free either.

5.0 out of 5 stars HRM even works for my wife, August 21, 2012
Purchased the Timex heart rate monitor for my wife some weeks ago. My wife visits the gym several times a week but often complained about muscle pains after visiting the gym. The new Timex HRM provided an immediate insight in her typical sporting behavior which appeared far too intens. The monitor now helps her measuring and controlling the intensity of the excersize. This has appeared to be a major improvement as the muscle pains have totally disappeared. All this makes her visits to the gym lot more pleasant. Important detail, typically she hates new technology and new gadgets in general but in this case she immediately enjoyed using the monitor.
Minor issue with the device, the amount of burnt calories the device reports appears about twice as high as reality! Nevertheless, great product, easy to use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value of money, August 18, 2012
I purchased this monitor after spending a significant amount of time of on-line research and professional advice from health experts and sales reps. However, it took me a while to realize that I don't really need all the bells and whistles that come with more expensive alternatives. I was very much inclined to buy a Polar FT7. Finally, I purchased this one because of its better design and manufacturing quality. So far it has been doing what it is supposed to do without any hitch after four weeks of use. No regret yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, August 9, 2012
I like the fact that it is inexpensive compared to other watches and it does the job. You have to get used to putting on the leather strap, but at least it doesn't have a wire that goes down your arm.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 3 months, August 1, 2012
This product worked fine for several months, but then started giving erratic readings. I changed the batteries, but could not get the monitor to pickup my heart rate. The watch kept time, but could not detect heart rate, having done so fine for the first few months. It is still within warranty; however, I can't seem to find a way to return it to Amazon (the seller) and Timex.com won't accept warranty returns unless purchased through their site. I'm guessing the seal on the chest band must not be great and that perspiration got into the battery housing - just a guess though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Look else where, July 24, 2012
So the reviews I read where hit and miss on this Item. I only bought it because timex is usually a good brand and this was in my price range at the time. I've only been using this item for a few months and now it doens't work. the on/off button stopped turning it off then it quite working all together. What I can tell from the warrenty information this won't be covered because I'm sure they will say it was from wear and tear on the thing. Honestly it should have lasted longer.

‹ Previous | 174 75 76121 | Next ›