5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for a young lady. Has indiglo back light.
Published on August 8, 2011 by Angela Streiff

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult!
Published on September 9, 2011 by alexandria

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for a young lady. Has indiglo back light., August 8, 2011
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
I ordered this Timex in purple for my 10 year old daughter. She adores the vivid color of the wrist strap. The digital time on the watch is easy to see and there are several different options for stop watch functions and such. There is an indiglo feature on it, where with a push of a button a bright green/blue back-light comes on, letting you see the time in the dark. The light has a self-timer and goes off on its own after a few seconds.

The wrist strap easily fits an array of wrist sizes. I tried it on and it fits my adult (women's sized) wrist, but also fits my daughters 10 year old pre-teen sized write.

Setting the time is best done by an adult, as there are several buttons and it could be a bit tricky for kids.

My daughter is quite hard on things, constantly playing outside with friends and coming home a mess every day. This watch has held up through her daily abuses and is still ticking. Definitely a great watch for a young lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
Bought this watch for daughter for Christmas. Got it for her to use when running to be able to track herself when not on a timed run.

The watch is good looking (she loves purple) and functional. The buttons are a little small for my large fingers, but she seems to have no problems. The band is rubber/plastic and should hold up well and she said is comfortable.

I was looking for an inexpensive watch for her with a stop watch function and was water/sweat proof. This seems to fit the bill. Timex makes more expensive watches if you need more functions. But would recommend this for a basic sport watch or for beginners.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult!, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
This is an attractive watch with nice features. The display is large and clear. However, it is extremely hard to set. I had to go on several websites to find suggestions on how to use the features, as the little instruction sheet provided with the watch had incorrect information on it. In reality, there are many versions of the 1440 sports watch and none of them operate in the same way! Very frustrating, to say the least.

4.0 out of 5 stars inexpensive but practical watch, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
I like to use a watch that I can wear to work, then to the gym, shower in after exercise and not worry about it. This watch fits the bill. It looks good, does what a watch should do and then some, and costs so little that if the battery dies or it the band disintegrates, it is expendable. I've had other Timex watches that have the same specs but costs more - $40. I've had 4 of those (the intrinsic band broke without a way to replace it on 2 and on the other 2 they took on water and then committed hari kari) and on none did the battery die before the watch did. So this is a more economical alternative at less than half the price of those.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple Strap Timex Watch, February 14, 2012
MLR (Austin Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
Watch keeps good time, digital numbers easy to read, and I love the purple color. Am considering ordering the same watch in turquoise. Recently wore it while swimming...no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, December 12, 2011
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
I love this watch because its wonderful for work. It goes well with my scrubs and is easy to look quickly to get the time for charting or working with my patients. It is a bit "high tech" for me apparently. I can never figure it out, I am always setting an alarm for midnight and have to have my boyfriend undo whatever I have just done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 24, 2011
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
It's great -- durable, cheap, and great color. I wore it in Nepal for two months, and the altitude didn't affect it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, can't believe how cheap for such a nice watch!, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
This is a great watch for me, it is waterproof and comfortable. The band doesn't hold water under it, so it is great for nurses who wash constantly. I would recommend it to anyone, and the color is even better in person.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsettable, stopped keeping time, June 6, 2013
Anne Kirkwood (Bradenton, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
Tried to set the date and time with instructions in hand. I was able to set the time, with difficulty, but not the date. It will not let me- very frustrating! It beeps randomly and I can't make it stop. I have only worn it twice, because my old simple, cheap Armitron watch miraculously came back to life! What good is a watch that can't be set and randomly beeps? A few weeks ago it stopped keeping time as well. I've had it for less than 6 months. I wish the Armitron waterproof watch was still available.
Update- I threw the piece of junk in the trash. Useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Knock off- NOT a real Timex!, June 13, 2014
This review is from: Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple (Watch)
Buyer Beware, this is not a real Timex. I noticed it in the stores after I had already thrown away the packaging, but the real Timex has the brand name right on the face of the watch. The band is less rigid as well. It works, it's just not what it was advertised to be, and I feel ripped off. You can buy the real thing at Walmart for the same price.

Timex - 1440 Sports Watch, Mid-Sized, Purple