Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex T105WX Color Changing Alarm Clock
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 15, 2010
I bought this thing from a local drugstore and I have lost 2 of the 7 total colors in less than a day. 2 days later the green color became dim and the backlight for the clock totally failed. I noticed a burning plastic smell from it before going to bed one night and had to unplug it. The next day I opened it up to find that this thing is a mess of sloppy soldering and burnt electronic components. This is yet another fine example of why it is a bad idea for a good company like Timex to have Chinese slaves slap together stuff in sweatshops. Every single website that sells this item is full of terrible reviews with the lights failing after a short period of time. I will even go far enough to say that this item is a potential fire hazard due to it's poor construction and components that are burned black. Don't buy this! If you have one, get rid of it before it burns your house down.
on December 16, 2011
I have not had any of the negative experiences expressed regarding this clock. We have had the clock for about a year. All the colors are distinct. Some are brighter than others...which I like. My daughter uses it in place of a nightlight, but when I want a darker room for baby brother to sleep, I just press the top for a color not so bright. Now my eldest son wants the same clock. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
on February 18, 2009
The backlight went out after just 2 days....it no longer lights up on either the face or shell.
Before that I was still not happy with it, anyway. Even when it did work the outside shell light was too bright to sleep next to when set to any color other than red, even with the dimmer set to low.
Also, barely bumping the LCD screen would leave black marks in the display you'd have to try to shake or massage out.
The only good thing about this clock was the idea. But it was very poorly done.
on June 26, 2013
I bought this alarm clock for my daughter about a year and a half ago and it worked out pretty well, but recently the numbers on the screen decided to stop working. there was nothing we could do to fix it, but it was still, i believe, a worthwhile buy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon January 24, 2013
We got this clock thinking it was a 'color changing' clock, just like the box implied. To us, that meant it would cycle through all the available colors on its own, and possibly, even have the option to hold on any give color. Well, we quickly discovered that it does Not cycle through all the colors automatically -- you pick One color, and it stays on that one only. To change the colors, you just press down on the top of the clock and it goes to the next color in line. Okay, well once we got over our initial disappointment, we decided we still liked this clock well enough and decided to keep it. We keep it on the nice bamboo green color cuz we love pandas! The downside of this clock, is that it's very easy to accidentally switch colors whenever you touch it, but getting it back to the color you want isn't difficult. We didn't get this to wake us in the morning, or fall asleep to. It's just a clock for our living room. It's very easy to read, even in the dark. If you're not looking for fancy bells and whistles, this is a great looking clock. Simple, colorful, easy to see. A little pricey for what it is though, but we still like it. Happy! :oD
on December 17, 2012
I bought this clock 3 or 4 years ago for Christmas for my grandson who is now almost 7. He loves to be able to change the color and the numbers are big enough for him to learn to read the time. This year they moved from Illinois to Texas and when they unpacked the clock it no longer changed colors and it didn't have all of the numbers showing up correctly so my daughter-in-law asked if I could get him a new one when I came to visit in November. I had it shipped to him and it arrived the day before I got there. He was so excited to have a new one that it was one of the first things he had to tell me when he jumped into my arms. Thank you for this wonderful product that will last him for another 5 years.
on October 24, 2013
I have had this alarm clock since the eighth grade. The alarm and lights just barely went kind of wacky, and I am in college now. It has lasted through a lot of travel. It is easy to turn it on and off, which is great because I have used alarm clocks where it is a struggle to turn the alarm or off. Same thing with setting the time and alarm. The alarm is loud enough to wake me up, but not enough to wake up the whole house, which is a wonderful feature. When the alarm goes off, it changes the sounds and rhythms, which helps get you up; if one sound does not wake you up, another will. It also glows with different colors, and the dimness can be adjusted, making this a wonderful clock for those afraid of the dark. Another great feature is that if you are one of those people that are always hitting the snooze, the time shortens each time you hit it, so it is almost impossible to go back to sleep after you hit it. I highly recommend it for anyone, really. I hope that you love it as much as I have.
on March 8, 2014
So...I sent it back. I'm happy with the refund that the seller authorized, and Amazon finalized. I think there's a flaw as my purchase was to replace one for my granddaughter that stopped showing the time. Try a newer one; this model doesn't work well.
on March 12, 2015
This is our second Timex color changing clock. My daughter loved the first one so much because the color changing light feature-doubled as a night light. However after about a year the digital time display started going haywire. Part of the hour display no longer showed, making it an expensive nightlight. We tried a second one, and it also has only lasted maybe a year - same thing just started happening...out of the blue the digital display is not showing the hour, only the minutes...not as helpful as a clock. As much as she loved this, we will NOT be purchasing a third. Come on Timex...I'm very disappointed.
on October 24, 2013
I bought this alarm clock for my teenage daughter when a similar generic model stopped working after a few months. She wanted to get the same one, but I said "No! Let's go with the name brand and get something that will last!" (The Timex cost three times the price of the generic, so the first clock was *really* cheap.) She has only had it for a few months but this evening she went to change the alarm and the hour stopped at 8:30pm. The hour button will depress but has no effect on the alarm (or time) hour; the minute button still works but of course I tried in vain to go past 8:59pm, but it just dropped back to 8:00pm. She is very gentle with her things; if it was one of the boys, well...

I still have the Sony Dream Machine back from when I was her age and that thing works great but does not "glow". (Sigh) This Timex took no lickings and is no longer ticking. (Maybe that only applies to their analog products that actually tick?) As I browse for alternatives I keep hearing "Ending is better than mending." Perhaps a rooster with a glow stick will suffice.