4.0 out of 5 stars I like it
I am notorious for sleeping through repetitive alarm sounds, so this is much more effective.

Simple controls. I can put it anywhere. Easy to throw in my bag when I travel. It's made to be able to fall on the floor.

The sound quality isn't the best, but it's just a silly little alarm clock.

I think some people are offended by it because...
Published on December 13, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars not very effective
Published on January 3, 2012 by Mark

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, December 13, 2011
This review is from: Timex T156B Wake-up Shake and Wake Alarm Clock (Black) (Toy)

The sound quality isn't the best, but it's just a silly little alarm clock.

I think some people are offended by it because most of the characters are exaggerated stereotypes There are youtube videos of it if you want to hear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lazy, October 28, 2012
There are a lot of lazy people in this world, and well, then there is my brother. Every afternoon I have to hear my mom screaming, trying to wake my brother up so he can go to college on time. Yes, he has an alarm clock, but since he is a heavy sleeper he usually sleeps through it. I decided upon myself to get him a new clock, hoping that it would tone down his laziness and help him out. I did a lot of research and decided to go with this clock. Now this clock is a very fun product. It turned out to be a perfect match for my brother because unlike traditional alarm clocks, this product use phrases rather than beep sounds. This clock has various different humorous phrases installed in it, and it sounds as if someone is screaming at you to get up. It's priceless seeing my brother wake up everyday confused thinking my mom is yelling at him when actually it's his clock. After all nothing is perfect, and this product does have some flaws. One major flaw is that the sound of the alarm isn't too loud, and it's possible that some heavy sleepers might sleep through it. Another con, well not to me but can be for some, is that this product runs on AA batteries rather than being a plug in. The phrases that are used as an alarm are quiet hilarious, but it can be offensive to some. Also the product doesn't feel very sturdy, so it might break really easy if it falls from a certain height. At the end of the day this is a little alarm clock for a cheap price, that is a nice alternative to everyday alarm clocks. I think it's a great product and hey if you have a lazy family member or you have trouble getting up yourself, give this product a shot.

Hopefully I helped! if you have any questions/comments please let me know. Thanks for reading!

1.0 out of 5 stars not very effective, January 3, 2012
I'm an eighteen year old kid and I still don't really know what to make of this device. It looks like an enlarged microbe and I don't know where I would put it. It does shake, but it will fall of of any table you put it on (which is notable if you like to hurl your alarm clock across the room). The alarm speaker itself isn't very loud and isn't very effective at all. It does say "wacky" phrases, but you can't switch the clock to simply beep and shake, the phrases are moderately offensive and probably wouldn't be the very best gift for any black or middle eastern person who doesn't like people making fun of their race... I would rather have a radio alarm clock if I were to spend 20 bucks on amazon, but maybe that is just me.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Loud enough, May 26, 2012
I'm a heavy sleeper and I bought this based the reviews I saw here. When it showed up I immediately tried it out and was disappointed at how quiet it was, but I set it that night, and gave it a go anyhow. Didnt wake me up at all.
Three stars because it is what it says it , easy to use, and the phrases did make me laugh pretty well, but if you're a heavy sleeper I surely do NOT reccommend this, as it sort of defeats the purpose if it works, but fails to actually wake you up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for High School/College/Deep Sleeper/Sense of Humor, August 20, 2012
Amazon Customer "exhaling2day" (Milwaukee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
MOM: Mom of a child who was always a deep sleeper who would wake up to the alarms that child set, although child was still sleeping

CHILD: Deep sleeper, could only get up with Mom's nagging, and learrned how to sleep through it

CLOCK: A GODSEND for when MOM sent CHILD off to college. Not only did it wake CHILD up with the sound but also with vibration. CHILD slept with it through college and it consistantly woke up CHILD even after wild parties that MOM did not know about. It even woke up the roommates.

I found a version of this clock years prior to buying this version. The prior version did not have the vibrating function and I believe my child, then in High School, hid it because it was very effective in waking her up when other alarms could not. Guess what I found it time for college in time for a going away gift....you guessed it. I loved that it also vibrated. This clock is for those with a sense of humor. It offends everyone in a stand up comedian type of way. Another reviewer posted the sayings...it gives variety and does the job. I LOVE IT! Although my daughter, secretly Hated it, we just had a random discussion about it that made us laugh and through the gift of Google, led me here. I had to write a review. Great invention!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO FUN WAKING UP, August 25, 2012
Alarm clocks never wake my 12 year old son, until this one came along!! He gets up happy, and repeating what the alarm clock is saying!! Thank you so much for this clock, it truly makes my life so much easier!

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny...BUT....., November 10, 2012
I bought this on a whim and it was well worth it.
It works as advertised and the voices are funny. A better way to wake up than an annoying buzzing or ringing sound for sure!
Some people are complaining that you can't change the voices to just buzz or ring...well, duh. that's the point of buying a talking clock, eh?

I'd recommend this if you have a sense of humor and want a good laugh.

It seems to be well made and looks tough enough to last (if you take care of it of course)

The numbers are big enough to see and setting the time/alarm is a piece of cake.

It's kind of a cute looking clock that stands out in the room. Yeah, it's funky looking. Like a friendly little tumor or jawbreaker that's gotten moldy. hehe

I don't get the complaints about it not being loud enough. How loud do you need it to be? It's plenty loud. If it were any louder, the voices would be shouting and that would scare the crap out of me! haha

As for it falling on the floor, well, it doesn't take a genius to figure you shouldn't let anything that's made of hard plastic to just fall on the floor repeatedly.
All you need to do is to set it somewhere where it won't fall and then it won't break. geez, really?

All in all, it's a good buy for a laugh and a different way of getting out of bed.

_____

EDITED TO ADD:

It's now Feb 2013 and this alarm no longer jiggles.
It stopped maybe a month ago or so?

The alarm part works great still. It wakes me up with a different voice, loud and clear. I don't sleep through it (and I wear ear plugs!)
But no longer does this jiggle (and no I didn't drop it!)

The look of it has kind of worn on me, not in a good way. It is ugly. Looks like a tumor. lol
But it still wakes me up, so what the heck.

5.0 out of 5 stars LMAO!, April 15, 2013
the alarms on this little gadget is too funny!! when it went off the first time my fiance gave me the wtf look!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasts 6 Months, Then It Dies, February 17, 2014
I was excited to buy this for my teenage son even with some of the non-PC alarm messages. I was wondering why he wasn't using his alarm clock. He finally explained that it no longer worked. We changed the batteries and still nothing. For what I paid I would have preferred that it last at least a year. Don't count on it lasting too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally love it, May 14, 2013
It is a really easy to use alarm. Got for Xmas in 2011, and the batteries that came with it lasted about a year. The alarm sounds are hilarious, and it's easy to set. Great product for kids looking for an easier and funner way to wake up.