5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable value
In my 67 years I have owned watches from an Ingersol Mickey Mouse when I was a kid all the way through a solid gold Concord that sells for almost $7,000. With a LeCoultre and a Rolex in between. But guess what? This Timex is just remarkable! As your eyes age, it's nice to have a high-contrast simple black-on-white display, and the Indiglo feature is priceless for low- or...
Published on March 3, 2008 by Thomas R. Hurley

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, but too loud
I love the way this watch looks. It is also very comfortable; however it is extremely loud. In a quiet room I can hear it from about 15 feet away.
Published on July 27, 2008 by C. Phillips

‹ Previous | 1 2 362 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Watch for all Venues, June 26, 2007
This review is from: Timex Men's T20041 "Easy Reader" Brown Leather Strap Watch (Watch)
I'm not sure when Timex Timex Men's Easy Ready Watch #T20041 came out with "Indiglo" tho I still remember the commercials. I believe they used the summer insect, the lighting bug, to promote the similar light. But it was as memorable as the original commercials an eon ago when John Cameron Swayze, a legit newsman, showed how a Timex could keep on ticking under the direst circumstances. So as far as I'm concerned Timex long ago beat out the most expensive ego trip watches in any showroom. Why? Well, they are relatively cheap. They are made exceptionally well. They do keep ticking. And with Indiglo you can light up your watch face at night, in darkened spaces: read Movie House; Theatre; Concert; Opera; Ballet; and in the day, darkened conference rooms; well you get the picture. The convenience of seeing accurate time in so many daily circumstances is truly worth every penny of a Timex. And with so many choices out there, but only ONE Timex Timex Men's Easy Ready Watch #T20041, well, why wouldn't you buy one & why wouldn't you wear it? It really is a no brainer. Save your money for a nice trip. Buy a Timex! Timex Men's Easy Ready Watch #T20041

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is meant to do, January 10, 2008
I used to like this watch.I am not that old:) but when my father pinched my previous easy reader and would not swap it for a costlier watch, I bought it again- and kept wondering why would that happen(my father foresaking a costlier watch for this watch.)-
His reasons were:
-I can see the dial clearly during the day, and during the night-without straining the eyes looking for a little radium crystal somewhere.
-The watch is not too heavy.
-If I lose it I can buy it again(or pinch it) without much anguish.
-It was free because he forced me to give to him as a gift (actually, I could not take it off him.)

I am coming to those conclusions as well.It actually looks quite decent with brown leather strap.

The Date adjustment can be very tricky- and finding the middle station very difficult.

Significant loss of time has not been an issue so far- timex haven't mentioned the limits of accuracy in their brochure either.I will keep an eye on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Watch for the price!, March 5, 2004
G. Martin "gmartin735" (Elizabethtown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have had one of these watches for the past 5 years. The original battery almost lasted four years. The indiglo feature is great at night. Large dial is very easy to read. I do not wear this in heavy work areas as I don't think the crystal would handle really rough conditions. Good watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, April 9, 2007
Great watch. classic look, retro feel. thick band, but replaceable anyway. relatively small; about 37mm width and 15mm band (at smallest width). Worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, but too loud, July 27, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, August 23, 2011
I'm starting out for college, and bought this watch as a starting accessory. It is a nice simple watch, hefty strap and easy to read panel. Changing the date and day of the week is not difficult, and is overall a very durable watch. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT water resistant. AT ALL., September 12, 2014
I love how this watch looks. It's simple and minimal, which is definitely a plus for me. The time is very easy to read at a quick glance, and the fact that it has a date/day indicator and a second hand does not make it complicated. The watch band is more red than it appears on here, but that was ok with me.

NOW here's the part where 2 stars were knocked off. It is not water resistant. I don't know how they came up with the information, but I was at a party and reached down into a cooler for a beer. Barely submerged my wrist couple inches into ice cold water for less than a second. When I brought it up, I noticed that the watch had gotten some water/condensation inside the display. After several hours, the watch was dead.
Only after the fact I read that the description here says "Water resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion." WTF??? WR30M implies that it is going to be under 30meters of water. That is called submersion. What a contradiction. It should just say not water resistant.

4.0 out of 5 stars not just a man's watch, easy to read, March 31, 2007
I'm not a man, and don't like bulky men's watches on my small wrist - but I'm getting older and cannot read the microscopic dials on most ladies watches.

The dial is big enough to read without me having to cut my arm off, lay it on a table and step back 5 feet... and the Indiglo is so mild - in the middle of the night, I can press the light and I can easily read the time without a harsh light assaulting my eyes or without it being so dim, I have to nearly wake up all the way to read it.

For a large dial watch, the wrist band is fairly narrow, which is why I selected this watch. I also like having not only the date on the watch, but the day as well. I love technology and had a TI digital watch iin the 1970s and have had several digital watches in my time with many features - but I appreciate looking at an analog time piece.

My less than perfect review stems from two things:

1.) To set the day (not date), you have to crank the time around a full 2 rotations (24 hours) each for each day - this is tiring, but hopefully you only have to do it once.

2.) The leather wrist band is very thick. I had another Indiglo watch with a supple, nearly calfskin band, but the band wore out, other wise I'd put it on this watch. It's like having a saddle on your wrist and it's a little stiff. For it to be comfortable, I have to latch it at the last hole and wear it like a hula-hoop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GIFT for any DAD!, January 23, 2010
My dad has a very fancy watch for work. I found out that he needed a weekender watch. I came across this watch and liked the reviews. I'm glad I got this watch. My dad loves it. It has a cool indigo night light and a 10 year warranty. The thickness of watch face is awesome too. The quality overall is great, especially for the price. I think my dad likes this watch more than the fancy one mom bought him. He especially loves the nightlight on it. Great watch!! Perfect gift for any dad. Also, the Amazon picture doesn't do justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Men's Easy Reader Watch, June 22, 2009
E.G.S. "Dabbler" (Northern California) - See all my reviews
1) Very easy to set & see day & date
2) Indiglo dial (backlight for darkness) is excellent
3) Accurate timepiece
4) Water resistant
5) Have received complements on how good it looks
At this price, with these features, it is hard to be wrong buying this watch.
I have totally worn out another watch like this one that lasted well over ten years.
The battery replacement was easy & only had to be changed once.

‹ Previous | 1 2 362 | Next ›