Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's T20461 Easy Reader Silver-Tone Expansion Band Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Silver-Tone/White|Change

on September 17, 2009
Yes, I am old, but that is not why I brought it. I just want the time and date, period. I don't want to push buttons wondering if it's the time on than darn stop watch thing I never figured how to shut off. I am a janitor, it's rugged, I have had floor stripper, bleach, and other industrial chemicals on it, it works. It's easy on the eyes, and does what a watch is supposed to, tell time. Sitting in the pharmacy waiting for my meds, the guy next to doesn't have to ask for the time, he can see it, now that's good. I work the night-shift, the night lite is easy to use, see. My grand baby (my angel) was teething, she likes the watch, I gave it to her, and she dropped it. It hit the concrete floor in the super store; mild crack in the crystal, but it took a beating, and still ticks. Yeah, there are some slight scratches, but hey, it's a watch. If you want a Rolex on a budget, this isn't it. It's a clean piece, honest, timeless, and a good "just because" gift for your pa, or grand dad, every time they look it at it, they will think of you. So if you're looking for a good old school easy watch you might want to consider this Timex.
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon November 22, 2006
If you are looking for a reasonably priced watch that won't embarrass you in public, you could do far worse than the Timex Men's Watch with the expandable band. I have been unintentionally eliciting snickers for my Casio with the liquid digits. I was looking for something smart that goes back to a classic look, so I ordered this one. The blue face dial is a nice look, and it lights easily in the dark.

One challenge with the Casio is trying to light up the watch in a darkened theater (during an obviously bad movie) without activating the rotation of feature resets. By the time I finished beeping through the features, I received such a case of small-mouth from fellow movie goers. No more. And the expandable band makes it a good, snug fit. It reminds me of the old Speidel twist-o-flex wristbands you could buy to spruce up your old watches in the 1960's, even down to the constant itch I got when I initially wore it. However, I have had the watch for two months now and am satisfied with the watch during normal wear-and-tear situations.
on October 20, 2006
I have owned several of these watches, currently have and are using two of them. I have abused them to no end and the only thing that seems to do them in is when the battery finally gives out. (I have had mixed luck with keeping them working AFTER replacing the battery. Could be the technical abilities on my end...) I am active outdoors and have worn my watch: horseback riding (daily), swimming, ran it through the wash cycle, dropped it, and struck the doorjamb with my wrist/watch face as I was walking through it. These watches are a classic style with Timex quality--this model truly "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" and I highly recommend it for anyone with an active lifestyle.
on January 7, 2008
I bought this for my dad for Christmas. He wanted a watch that was easy to read and had the date displayed as well. This watch was perfect for those needs. It also has a very nice thin wrist band.
on January 4, 2007
This watch is perfect for me.I like the twist and flex type band and only have had to reset the time for daylight savings. Easy to read and has even been in the swimming pool a couple times by accident with no problems.
on March 26, 2008
Keeps time good. Easy to adjust the band size (Sometimes is a little tedious though) It looks sharp without the high price tag. Even though it doesn't look like it, pretty rugged, at least from my experience with this particular Timex line. Very easy to read the #'s on the face.

Now the negatives. If you flip the watch over and look at the back cover it says "WR 30 M". Well I have had water get into several of these watches, it was a very small amount though, just enough to fog up the watch. So just be careful to make sure you take it off before washing dishes, or a shower.

Secondly, changing the day and date is a pain in the rear to some degree. Once its set, no big deal. Basically, it would be nice if Time installed another knob on the watch. Right across from the current one. Dedicated specifically to the day and date.(This way it would look balanced?)

Would I recommend it? Yeah I would. For the price you get yourself quite a decent good looking rugged watch. It's easy to avoid the water. And like I said, once you get the day and date set, no problems there either.

Like all products it could be better.

UPDATE 2-08-11

This wonderful wrist watch had survived a lot up until now from when I bought it, scuffs, scrapes, bangs. The face had even gotten bubbles in it where I was using it while welding and it was still going strong... But one thing it couldn't survive, me trying to change the battery. I somehow screwed my watch over and knocked loose the second hand, or a gear when installing a replacement battery. *Was trying to reinstall the back plate on the watch*.. I consider myself pretty competent, but I do make mistakes... anyways, not sure what I did exactly, but I did it very well. Long story short, its been a great watch and I'll be ordering another one.

*sighs*
66 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2010
I ordered the timex easy reader for my 85 year old dad. It is easy to read, a perfect size for his wrist (not too bulky) and was an excellent bargain at just about half the cost of retail at the closest large "discount" department store. My dad has trouble putting on a buckle type band- I searched several drugstores for a wristwatch with an expansion band, but no store had any in stock. I checked amazon.com, they had the timex easy reader in stock, and it was shipped out to me the next day. My dad is very happy with this wristwatch.
on December 29, 2011
Watch came in about 30 minutes ago, so this review is largely of my initial opinions and reactions. I'll provide updates if anything goes wrong.

As a college student I need an affordable watch that will "take a licking" and still keep o
n "ticking". While I certainly would prefer a seiko 5 or the seiko solar watch, I ended choosing this timex because if the price.

My initial concerns were that the watch would look and feel too cheap, and that the numbers might
Be far too large, given the font size on other watches from Timex's "easy reader" line.

Taking it out of the box, these concerns were assuaged. The watch has some weight to it, and the numbers are at a decent font size.

The expandable band fits perfectly on my average sized arms, though I can certainly see how it could be a problem for people with larger, or considerably smaller, wrist sizes.

Set-up, however, was a bit difficult. The middle position on the crown is difficult to find, and it took me a few tries, and patience, before I managed to set the date.

In summary: Good, decent watch that, hopefully, will endure the claimed ten year watch life.
review image review image
on December 24, 2010
I had purchased a T20461 from Walmart for my uncle recently and I liked it so well, that I decided to buy the T20031 and T20471 for myself from Amazon. These are supposed to be the same watch with the same style expansion band; the only difference is the color of the metal and/or dial face. The fit of the T20461 was perfect for my wrist, and required no adjustment. However, the fit of the T20031 and T20471 was much tighter and not all that comfortable. I decided to count the links in the watches, and found that the T20461 from Walmart comes with 2 more links than the T20031 and T20471 from Amazon. It seems that the bean counters at Timex have figured they can shave a few pennies from the cost by reducing the number of links in their watch bands. I did notice that the packaging and plastic holder of the watch from Walmart is different than that from Amazon. Obviously, the watches are from different manufacturing batches. Whether the Amazon series is older or newer than the Walmart series is a mystery. However, I can vouch for the fact that the Amazon series being delivered at this time are shy two links in the band. So unless you have small, girly wrists, you might want to pass on this series of expansion wrist watches. Other than this issue, the T20031 is a pretty nice watch.
66 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2012
Beginning in the 1930s i have had numerous watches from wind ups,to auautomatics to the current quartz. Some inexpensive, some quite expensive. some military as I was Marine Pilot, some for civilian flying and some for show ;-).

But NONE equal the utility of the Timex 'Easy Reader.' I have had four and keep a spare. the one problem, as someone else pointed out, is that after a couple of battery changes the little light may go out. It is some form of luminescent material and apparently just wears out. big deal!

For the price, or ANY Price, the day date and time is absolutely accurate. Easy to change when months have different number of days. The band can be replaced with any type desired. These watches are attractive, but not an attention grabber, which I really like - don't want to lose an arm with some bozo trying to steal it.

It has been a mystery to me why anyone in his right mind would own and wear a time piece that has to be wound . Want to show off?? Get a bracelet!!