5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Still Takes a Licking and Keeps on Ticking
Published on September 17, 2009 by N. Fornario

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice but Very poor quality
Published on January 11, 2009 by IT Admin

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Still Takes a Licking and Keeps on Ticking, September 17, 2009
This review is from: Timex Men's T20461 "Easy Reader" Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
Yes, I am old, but that is not why I brought it. I just want the time and date, period. I don't want to push buttons wondering if it's the time on than darn stop watch thing I never figured how to shut off. I am a janitor, it's rugged, I have had floor stripper, bleach, and other industrial chemicals on it, it works. It's easy on the eyes, and does what a watch is supposed to, tell time. Sitting in the pharmacy waiting for my meds, the guy next to doesn't have to ask for the time, he can see it, now that's good. I work the night-shift, the night lite is easy to use, see. My grand baby (my angel) was teething, she likes the watch, I gave it to her, and she dropped it. It hit the concrete floor in the super store; mild crack in the crystal, but it took a beating, and still ticks. Yeah, there are some slight scratches, but hey, it's a watch. If you want a Rolex on a budget, this isn't it. It's a clean piece, honest, timeless, and a good "just because" gift for your pa, or grand dad, every time they look it at it, they will think of you. So if you're looking for a good old school easy watch you might want to consider this Timex.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this watch. can't kill it., October 20, 2006
I have owned several of these watches, currently have and are using two of them. I have abused them to no end and the only thing that seems to do them in is when the battery finally gives out. (I have had mixed luck with keeping them working AFTER replacing the battery. Could be the technical abilities on my end...) I am active outdoors and have worn my watch: horseback riding (daily), swimming, ran it through the wash cycle, dropped it, and struck the doorjamb with my wrist/watch face as I was walking through it. These watches are a classic style with Timex quality--this model truly "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" and I highly recommend it for anyone with an active lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, January 7, 2008
I bought this for my dad for Christmas. He wanted a watch that was easy to read and had the date displayed as well. This watch was perfect for those needs. It also has a very nice thin wrist band.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY PLEASED, January 4, 2007
This watch is perfect for me.I like the twist and flex type band and only have had to reset the time for daylight savings. Easy to read and has even been in the swimming pool a couple times by accident with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT WATCH FOR SENIOR DAD, April 19, 2010
C. Marino (Sunny California) - See all my reviews
I ordered the timex easy reader for my 85 year old dad. It is easy to read, a perfect size for his wrist (not too bulky) and was an excellent bargain at just about half the cost of retail at the closest large "discount" department store. My dad has trouble putting on a buckle type band- I searched several drugstores for a wristwatch with an expansion band, but no store had any in stock. I checked amazon.com, they had the timex easy reader in stock, and it was shipped out to me the next day. My dad is very happy with this wristwatch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best at ANY Price, January 30, 2012
Beginning in the 1930s i have had numerous watches from wind ups,to auautomatics to the current quartz. Some inexpensive, some quite expensive. some military as I was Marine Pilot, some for civilian flying and some for show ;-).

But NONE equal the utility of the Timex 'Easy Reader.' I have had four and keep a spare. the one problem, as someone else pointed out, is that after a couple of battery changes the little light may go out. It is some form of luminescent material and apparently just wears out. big deal!

For the price, or ANY Price, the day date and time is absolutely accurate. Easy to change when months have different number of days. The band can be replaced with any type desired. These watches are attractive, but not an attention grabber, which I really like - don't want to lose an arm with some bozo trying to steal it.

It has been a mystery to me why anyone in his right mind would own and wear a time piece that has to be wound . Want to show off?? Get a bracelet!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice but Very poor quality, January 11, 2009
The watch sweats when exposed to moisture. It is definitely not waterproof or even water resistent to 50ft. Take a walk in the fog and you can bring the experience back home inside the watch. I guess this can be romantic for some people. Mine actually rusted inside. I even opened it whenever it fogged up, dried it out for a couple days, cleaned the sealing surfaces etc....
The other thing is the band is really poor quality. It dents very easily. Bump your arm and it will be dented. And I'm not talking about pounding nails in with the band. Just brush up against a door and its dented.
I was real disappointed. The watch isn't even a 6 months old. Of course I can't find the 1"x1" warrantee card I stapled my reciept onto. I'd buy another model or brand.
It's too bad because I really liked the watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, December 29, 2011
Watch came in about 30 minutes ago, so this review is largely of my initial opinions and reactions. I'll provide updates if anything goes wrong.

As a college student I need an affordable watch that will "take a licking" and still keep o
n "ticking". While I certainly would prefer a seiko 5 or the seiko solar watch, I ended choosing this timex because if the price.

My initial concerns were that the watch would look and feel too cheap, and that the numbers might
Be far too large, given the font size on other watches from Timex's "easy reader" line.

Taking it out of the box, these concerns were assuaged. The watch has some weight to it, and the numbers are at a decent font size.

The expandable band fits perfectly on my average sized arms, though I can certainly see how it could be a problem for people with larger, or considerably smaller, wrist sizes.

Set-up, however, was a bit difficult. The middle position on the crown is difficult to find, and it took me a few tries, and patience, before I managed to set the date.

In summary: Good, decent watch that, hopefully, will endure the claimed ten year watch life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex watch, April 23, 2008
The inexpensive Timex watch, with date, and illumination is as it was advertised. The only thing I don't like is the stretch metal band that goes around my wrist. It takes, for me some getting used to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 27, 2009
Only gave it 4 stars as nothing is perfect, true for anything.
Bought this from Wally World on Black Friday for a nice $21, it's been a good watch and has been worn for roughly fifty hours now (Santa brought it on christmas). Keeps time well, came with a good battery. I will replace it with a fresh Energizer Lithium, as most watches come with cheap batteries in them.
Face is bold and is very distinct. Complicated watches are ugly watches to me. The INDIGLO works beautifully and is very bright, but not blinding.
Most expandable bands pinch my arm and hairs, but the one included is very comfortable, even wearing for 16 hours straight.

Overall, a very good watch and time will tell how much abuse it will stand up to. Will update in a few months.

Rate and Discover Movies