5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, clear & comfortable backlit watch
Published 17 months ago by Douglas Baty

3.0 out of 5 stars Not adjustable
The analog face was easy to read by this elderly senior citizen. However the non-adjustable expansion bracelet was way too tight!!!
Published 21 months ago by Ralph Heidenreich

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, clear & comfortable backlit watch, September 27, 2013
Douglas Baty (Sacramento California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T23811 "Easy Reader" Two-Tone Stainless Steel Expansion Bracelet Watch (Watch)
After enduring a red-eye flight where I couldn't read my side-lit digital watch, I purchased this high-contrast analog backlit expansion band watch. It is easy to read in any light at any angle. Timex "Indiglo" backlighting is the best in the business. I wonder why other makes don't copy it. The watch face is large and clear, as it the typeface. The band length is difficult to adjust (I removed 3 links for my small wrist), but the band is very comfortable - No pinching. Easy to slip on but doesn't fly off.

This watch cost very little but is a lot fancier than I expected. Even though it is only a Timex, it looks classier than my heirloom Pulsar. So my only complaint is that it looks so nice I hesitate to wear it as my everyday watch. Note: This model is available in other finishes and bands, and with day and date.

-- Doug Baty (retired tech guy) --

3.0 out of 5 stars Not adjustable, June 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, October 10, 2011
Bought it specifically because it does not have a date box to worry about. It's a fine watch, with a huge dial for my aging eyes, and it's a great bargain, considering prices of watches today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size numbers, December 27, 2013
As one gets older we need numbers to be a little larger. This does not encompass only the seniors. We all should have a watch like this so we are not straining our eyes to see the numbers on our every day watch. I really like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dad fell in love., December 22, 2013
My Dad has been wearing this brand of watch forever it seams. Every since I was a little boy I can remember Dad wearing this same type of watch from Timex. His last one broke when a 400 pound machine fell tearing into his arm and damaged the watch (the time adjustment part fell out) he stuck it back in and finished adjusting the time. He loved his old watch and was amazed I found the same type. He loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reliable Watch, December 21, 2013
Ted Detjen (Poughkeepsie, NY) - See all my reviews
I have owned Timex watches for years. They are priced fairly, keep time perfectly, and are tough. This watch has an attractive two tone design - gold and silver. It is easy to read and has Timex's indigo feature which allows you to see the time in dark. I also opted for Timex's economical extended 5 year warranty. You should be forewarned that the band is one size and not adjustable, however, it fits most average wrists with no difficulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars for pap, December 11, 2013
bought this for my eighty five year old father. the numbers are big and easy to read and it glows for him at night when he pushes the button

2.0 out of 5 stars Better suited as a womans watch, December 10, 2013
While it came as pictured the band is small width wise. It looks like a female watch while on my wrist. In fact, I gave it to my wife and it looks better on her and she is keeping it. The watch functioned properly and was packaged well.

1.0 out of 5 stars small suitable for a small boy...not a man., November 21, 2013
Too small fo be called a man's watch....does not fit well for my average wrist...I gift to my 10 year old grandson.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see it!, November 19, 2013
As I get older, I find that I am less and less inclined to hunt for my reading glasses just to find out what time it is. I wanted a simple watch with a big, easy-to-read face, no date indicator, and still be attractive. I found this one on Amazon. The band is a little large, but doable. One unexpected nicety is that the battery is supposed to last TEN YEARS! If Amazon and I are both still around in 10 years, I'll post an update. :)