Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Black/Black/Silver|Change

on May 16, 2015
Great idea, but doesn't keep accurate time. I lose nearly a minute a day. That's unacceptable in this day and age.

Other than failing at it's basic job, it looks great and I love the Indiglo light. Sadly, Timex is not what it once was.

I've added a photo to this review so you can see what the watch looks like with the better Hirsch 18mm Strap on it. The image shows the other watches I bought that actually work, unlike this watch: Casio Classic Silver Watch with the B and R Cognac Leather 20mm Watch Band; the Skagen Ancher SKW6082 Watch; and the MVMT Black Face Watch with Black Leather Strap. I like all of them except for the errant Timex, though the Casio is the best replacement for it. The Casio has bigger numbers, a bigger face, and actually keeps time. With the B and R strap, it's nearly perfect!

I forgot to mention that the Timex watch with the original strap barely fit my average wrist, like most inexpensive watches nowadays. I was in the last hole.
review image
on April 15, 2011
I love my Timex watch. The numbers are easy to read, the indiglo night light is great. It also looks very nice, way more expensive looking than it was.
A great deal on a great watch. Thanks to Amazon and Timex.
on September 18, 2010
Takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'. Well, what I mean is, this Watch is everything thing I need/want in a Time-Piece. I'd use the description of classy or classical. This Time-Piece works well with both your Sunday-go-to-meetin' and your Saturday afternoon Attire. Now, for those that ask; how about the time keeping? Right on the money! When I received this Watch I set it to an Atomic Clock and hasn't lost any time yet, that has been a year and half ago. One thing to keep in mind is the Date, no nothing wrong with the Watch, but rather this isn't an "electronic" time/date keeper so on the Months that have fewer Days you have to make that adjustment e.g. February. Now for those of us that fit into the classical mode, we don't mind that at all; truthfully I appreciate that. One thing I want to point out is the "Indigo" light. Just a slight push of the Stem and your watch Face glows! Lastly, this Watch has a leather Band that buckles to your size. If there were a need for me to purchase another Watch would I buy this one again? YES! Even if the price increased!! I'll close with this; I received this as a Gift and am more than pleased. If that is what you're looking for, a Gift for a/the Man in your life then you will not go wrong with this purchase.
on February 16, 2011
I never knew that this product was on Amazon. I came here because Roger Ebert posted this on Facebook calling it, "The Movie Critic's Watch." Ebert had it absolutely right. I've been using this watch for a few years now and the place where I love it most is, you guessed it, while watching a movie in a theater. The large numbers make the watch very easy to read, while the light is perfect for theaters; it can be easily seen but doesn't distract others. I tried other watches with light-up faces and when watching movies, my friends wound up telling me to stop looking at my watch, as the light was so bright that it distracted them from the screen. Aside from its film critic uses, this watch looks perfect in any social setting, is very light, and, in line with all Timex products, it's reliable and performs great. Highly recommended product.
on March 8, 2007
Sturdy and attractive leather strap. Functional face. Only three functions: day, date, and time, so it's not crowded. What else would you want on a watch anyway?
on February 10, 2012
I'm a critical care nurse and I have to have a tough watch that is easy to read and can really take some punishment. This watch has lasted me for four years now under the worst possible conditions (if you know what I mean). Fantastic watch and reliable. Looks great and you can check the time in the dark. Can't ask for more.
Young people have no idea what they're missing (their loss is actually ours, since they're not aware of it). Not only have LP's and CD's gone out of style (replaced by downloaded MP3 files) but watches as well (replaced by the digital read-outs on cellular phones and iPods). I'm sorry, but the only thing that keeps me functional in our overly-digitized, gadget-driven world is a plain-old, plain-spoken, fashion-resistant watch like this Timex with a bland analog face that even a mother wouldn't love--only a great grandmother or someone with as long a memory as mine.

But this piece is redolent with its own memories--of the special telecasts of all-star live jazz spectaculars sponsored by Timex and hosted by former newsman, John Cameron Swaze. Amid the flurries of fringe-reception snow, you might catch momentary sight of Benny or Louis or Ella and even hear a few notes of "Perdido" or "When the Saints Come Marching In." But most memorable of all were the commercials: Timex watches being subjected in "real time" to fire and ice, poundings and shakings, high-dives into pools of water, followed by Swayze's invariably reassuring and authoritative commentary on the outcome: "The watch that takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Hate to admit that none of my Timexes purchased in the '50's are still ticking, but this one, which boasts a "ten-year battery," is thus far showing promise of a good, strong heart. And unlike the '50's version, this new and improved (can that be possible?) Timex lends extra support to those of us who have lost all but our long-term memories: it even offers a reminder of the date and day of the week as well as hands that light up without the radium coating. Best of all, it's no less affordable than its 1950's counterpart. If anything, it's kept behind the pace of inflation! (Thank you, China, for making possible the continuance of an American tradition).
77 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2008
I have had this watch for about a month and a half. It works great - the Indiglo backlight is reliable and surprisingly bright in the dark. It's accurate - I set this watch by the clock in my office (a nice mahogany-backed table clock by Comitti London) the day I received it, and it has not wavered at all. And it's sturdy - if I got the daily banging-around that I put my watch through, I'd be in the hospital inside of six hours, but my watch just takes it and grins. In my opinion, it is classy, understated, and looks more expensive than it actually is when it's worn with business clothes or just a T-shirt and shorts. I've had more than one person ask me if I should 'be wearing a nice watch' while riding my ATV or playing paintball. When I tell them it's a Timex, and then tell them the price, they usually don't believe me until I show them the watch up close so they can see the brand name. I've already had one friend buy a similar watch after seeing mine (he actually bought a more expensive Timex, and it looks just as nice). I was, and still am, saving up for a really expensive Brietling. But I'm certainly in no hurry now - this watch is great and I hope and expect to get many years of use out of it. The leather band is comfortable, flexible, and tougher than most other watch bands I've seen out there. This watch is all-around nice.
on October 28, 2006
You can get a watch with many more bells and whistles, but if you want a basic timepiece that looks good and is functional, this Timex is a good bet. I have had mine for a month, and it's displaced the much fancier one that I also have, mostly because the Timex is lighter, with clean and simple lines, and does pretty much what I need it to do: tell the time, with an occasional reminder of what day it is. It has the day and date on the analog dial, which is equipped with Indiglo, making the watch very easy to read in the dark. For the money, you can't beat it. I gave it four stars instead of five because I have only owned it a month, and can't really attest to its long-term durability yet.
on August 16, 2012
The watch itself has no problems, you get what you pay for. As what everyone else said, it is kind of loud. Which shouldn't be a huge problem if you just store it somewhere else. I don't really notice the sound much. But I can see how it would be loud to some.

The most annoying part of the watch was that the Indiglo glow-in-the-dark feature didn't work perfectly. When you press the button, a small portion of the watch would not light up. A small semi-circle beneath the 6 on the face of the watch remains black after you press in the button for the Indiglo feature.

While this isn't a complete deal-breaker, it does get annoying how the watch does not light up fully in the dark.

On a side note, however, Amazon customer service is wonderful and was so helpful in my returning the watch.
review image review image review image