on December 27, 2011
I was looking for a backup watch to use, when my more expensive watch was in for service, which takes a good month where I live. I wanted a simple watch, not too big or too heavy, and decided on the TIMEX Weekender among the thousands of watches offered by Amazon. I chose this one for its simple design and classic look. When it arrived, I first thought it was a bit on the big side, much bigger than the 36 mm diameter listed in the product specification. But when I measured it, I found that it was very close to 36 mm after all. Watches smaller than that are, however, hard to find these days. But I see no reason to walk around with a huge lump of steel tied to my wrist, and so I think a modest size is the right choice for a new watch. This watch runs on a battery, but has analogue pointers. The large second hand moves with a jerky jump once every second, which takes a while to get used to. However, it runs very exact compared to a radio driven clock I use as alarm. In fact, after 3 days the two do not differ by more than a second, and I suspect it might be even less than that. Since radio driven clocks are continuouly synchronized with a timekeeping radio signal, they are the ones to trust 100%. But this TIMEX is not far off. When you put it to your ear, you can hear a loud click every second. The watch is encased in a solid piece of steel, and that is probably what conveys the impression of largeness. I was pleasantly surprised to see a greenish light, lighting up the clock's face when the crown is pressed. That will come in handy in the dark. The strap has been carefully made of a nylon-like woven material, lined with comfortable white leather. It looks and feels very sturdy. I should probably exchange it for a somewhat more pliable leather strap, but not while this one is still brand new. In fact it looks so solid, that I expect it to last a long long time. I have, however, only had this watch for about a week, and I know nothing about its electronic reliability, or how often it will need a new battery, nor if it works well in really moist weather. But so far I certainly cannot complain. The only thing I can add to prospective buyers, is that when you unwrap your package, you will probably agree that it looks bigger and feels heavier, than what you thought after only having seen the photo. I give it five stars for a good impression, useful features, and an extremely moderate price.
on August 24, 2012
I have had this watch for a couple weeks now and have worn it every day. I find it to be a great simple watch and exactly what I needed. It only has time function, luminescent hour minute and second hands, and indiglo. I mainly wanted something that was casual yet still nice enough to wear to work. This is exactly that. It looks classy and sleek and with the leather on the inside of the band only makes for a very comfortable feel. Great watch for all purposes and very comfortable and accurate!
on March 28, 2012
I'm female and like bigger, easy to read face watches. I like to change them frequently. This one is nice for summer, a comfy band -- though a bit stiff (hence the 4 stars). The face is very attractive and the night light feature is great for darkened places. I'd say it would fit small to large wrists comfortably. All in all a great watch -- time is perfect. Easy to set.
on December 20, 2014
I spent lost five years trying to find a replacement of my timex given to me by my daughters over twenty years ago. Loved the durability, easy to read analog dial, very long lasting battery, and night glow that allowed reading the time in the dark. That watch was wonderful, and carried many fond memories.
Thrilled to find this replacement on Amazon. Not quite up to the standard of the original indestructible Timex, but far better than any other alternative.
This is a nice looking watch, rugged enough to survive heavy outdoor chores, easy to read, and very affordable.
Highly recommend.
on December 19, 2013
This watch is great for men and boys who are on the go at work and play...and the thing lights up too! It can take moisture, submersion, direct blows, but as they used to say, "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking" and for 20 bucks!
on November 7, 2013
I bought this watch because I wanted a cheap basic watch that was easy to read. This watch delivers on that part which is why I'm giving it a 4 star rating.

On the negative side, this watch is quite loud compared to other watches I own. You don't notice the ticking while in normal day environments until you get into a quiet room or area ... Then you can hear the ticking. It's not a huge drawback, but it's just something to consider if you can't stand ticking noises.

The watch band is not of good quality. The two loops that hold the band started having loose ends within days and I ended up just lightly burning the loose threads, causing the nylon threads to melt away. A few weeks later, more loose threads started coming apart and once again I briefly burned away the threads.

Besides the loud ticking and lower quality band, I'm still giving the watch 4 stars because it's the quality I was expecting for the price I was paying.
on November 2, 2013
Exactly what I had in mind. I purchased this item as a gift for my 13-year old grandson and he absolutely adores it. As a typical Timex watch, it is durable and accurate. I am a fan of Timex watches.
on October 9, 2013
Another quality watch, easy to read and improved, for me, by not choosing a day/date display to wrestle with setting at the end of the shorter months.
on September 12, 2013
I wanted something simple and functional, that's exactly what I got. I plan to buy a few with different bands.
on August 17, 2013
I have owned Timex watches for decades. I appreciate that they are relatively inexpensive,
utilitarian and casual time pieces. I have also owned more expensive watches as well with
the nice dials, straps, slim cases, etc. I do appreciate those pricey bad boys as well for
their craftsmanship but I do not work in them.

I purchased this analog watch for my 19 year old son. I am pleased to say that it appears to
be of rugged construction and should last for a long time. FYI: the watch has a water
resistance depth of up to '30 meters' or about 98 feet. There is no date counter, as I
call it, in a small window. It is about as basic a watch as you can get.

To begin with the 18mm black strap is a web-like nylon fabric, tough looking and a bit stiff.
I find a lot of new watch bands are stiff and usually loosen up with use. The nylon strap
pieces are backed by a light colored "Genuine Leather Lining" and looks the casual
man-style that it is meant to be.

The dial window is made of acrylic. On the dial the easy to read numbers and second hand
are a nice large size with fluorescent paint on top that aids in night viewing. The watch
also has the "Indiglo Night Light" option as well to help in viewing the dial face in
darkness or low light situations. I use this option a lot on my Timex and appreciate
the feature.

Inside the case is a standard analog-quartz movement. Nothing special but it works and
works for a long time.

The outside case is a brushed silver finish; simple and utilitarian. The back is stainless steel
and has the cell battery ID number [CR 2016] stamped into the center of the circle. Have
your looking-glass ready for it is stamped in a tiny, tiny font. The case is 10mm thick and
36mm in diameter.

Overall, this is a well made casual watch, easy to read face, with a basic black strap. For
the money, about $23, you cannot go wrong. I recommend this watch and give it five stars
because of the experiences I have had with Timex watches, the apparently rugged good
looks and construction as well as the price.
--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE June 2014: It has almost been a year since my son has been wearing this watch
almost every day; to school, on trips, where ever. He leaves it about here and there and
it is still ticking...
review image review image review image review image

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations