2,574
Color Name: Black/BlackChange
Price:$27.74 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 31, 2011
Color Name: Cream/Silver/OliveVerified Purchase
I really like the clean, classic look of the watch dial. The picture doesn't quite do justice to it, but it has a true vintage look. I am also happy with the size. It's not enormous like a lot of watches these days, but definitely larger than an actual vintage camper or field watch would be. Should be a good fit for most guys. As always, Indiglo is an awesome feature. The perfect weekend watch.

The strap is soft and flexible. Since it's a "slip through" strap, you can easily change out bands from one day to the next. Timex apparently sells other colors of watch band specifically for this model, but it takes any 20 mm "Zulu" style nylon band. The strap it comes with is one of the most comfortable nylon watchbands I've worn. It has ordinary springbars, so you could use a traditional two-piece watchband if you wanted to.

Here are a few measurements taken from the watch itself. Diameter excluding crown: 37, including crown: 39. Total height (lug-to-lug): 46 mm. I don't have a caliper, so those measurements were just taken with a ruler, but should accurate to within a millimeter. The watch has a press-on case back rated to 30 meters.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 3, 2012
Color Name: Cream/Silver/OliveVerified Purchase
After my expensive Fossil watch died about a year ago, I've been struggling with cheap garbage watches ever since, not willing or able to get another expensive one. The last one I had literally fell apart on me, so I decided it was time (literally) to look at better quality ones. I have owned a Timex watch before and it last for years, so it was the first brand I looked into, since Timex seems to be a great combination of reasonable prices and quality watches.

I found this olive green weekender on their website. For the record, this watch is UNISEX, not Men's, as Amazon states in the title. The color and style of the watch band grabbed me, mellow, casual, it really looked nice on the website. I also liked the large dial, my last cheapo had a tiny face that made me feel prematurely old when I struggled to read the time. The price seemed more than reasonable, and then I found it on Amazon for even less. So I ordered it. I was expecting to pay at least $50 for a good watch, so I was excited and hopeful.

I received the watch today and I have to say I am just thrilled with it. I had a read a review saying that the band was "paper thin" and "flimsy". I'm not sure what kind of paper they write on, but the band is almost 3mm thick, which is plenty. I wouldn't want it any thicker, it bends around the wrist nicely this way, and it is after all, tightly woven NYLON, so it's hardly flimsy. Having said that, I do agree with a different reviewer who said they wished the band holes had grommets. I would like that detail too, as well as a reinforced end of the band, but the fact is, the watch would cost more with those features, so I think I'll live without them.

The face is wonderful, I love the large size. Nice and easy to read with distinctive black hands and a bright red second hand, so you can see the time at a very quick glance. The overall face of the watch is pretty large though, so if you're looking for something small in size, this wouldn't be it. A couple descriptions I've read state the face color as white. It's not white, but more of a cream color. Fine with me, but thought I'd mention it. The Indiglo feature is pretty handy too, I haven't had the good ol' Timex Indiglo feature in a long time.

Some people have mentioned wishing the watch band was longer. I love it just the way it is, but admittedly, I have somewhat small wrists, so I appreciate the lack of a hanging band. There are ten adjustment holes, my wrist only goes to the 4th hole, so I would think it would be reasonable for most men or women, but if you're particularly large boned, maybe it would be on the small side, it's hard for me to say for sure.

Another feature is the 24 hour clock markings. Not something I needed, but it adds more detail to the face and is something new for me to learn.

Oh, and there's TWO loops on the watch band to slide the overlapping band under, which I really like! I hate hanging bands, which happens a lot on my smaller wrist.

Overall, I'd rate this watch a 10 out of 10, I just love it. I saw a review that said it's good for casual wear or dressy occasions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, but I just want to say that I don't feel this is at all dressy. To me, it's a VERY casual style, which I think is why they named it the Weekender.
on November 26, 2011
Color Name: Black/Black
I originally bought this watch and the nearly identical Timex Men's T2N649KW Weekender Gray and Orange Watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and it is one of my favorite watches. (See my other review on the grey watch elsewhere.) I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

I love the detailing of the strap bands as well, with the two metal bands that keep the excess strap in place. (These are typically the flimsy bands that wear down on my other watchbands - not a chance here!) The fact that the bands are easily interchangeable and replaced inexpensively is a bonus. You can easily change up the look of your watch.

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: one with the grey face (T2N649KW), this one with the black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2012
Color Name: Cream/Silver/Olive
How much I love this watch. I saw it in a watch display at a sporting goods store and I was mesmerized. Watches are so specific, usually too sporty, too xtreme, too bulky, too plastic, not classic enough. This watch defines what a perfect watch is to me. The watch band is amazing, it feels like silk and fits well. As cheaply made and generally crappy as the last Timex watch I bought was, this one makes up for it in spades and the fact that it's so inexpensive (mine was more at the fancy store) makes me want to buy back-ups for the future where watches are rationed because time is slipping away.
review image
on November 15, 2011
Color Name: Fuchsia
Men & Women are exactly the same size (38x10mm), but men has grey, white & black dial, and women just white!
There is one that seem to be beige in the pictures, but it's not, it's white! so if you want to get grey or black, just get the men watch and buy some J crew straps
Straps are 20 mm, the only difference is men is a little longer.

"Switch out the strap and give your watch a whole new look. Compatible with our Timex® military watch,
Timex vintage field army watch and Timex Andros watch. Poly. Import. 10 5/8"L x 3/4"W. Fits all 18mm watches."
[..]
[..]
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 24, 2012
Color Name: Black/BlackVerified Purchase
I was looking for a nice casual watch I could wear when I don't want to be too flashy. I also wanted the watch to be "expendable". The plastic webbing band and utilitarian face combined with a little shine on the case fit the looks department. At around $25, it wouldn't be a tragedy to replace either.

Readability:
The watch has an Indiglo light, but you won't ever need to use it except in pitch black because the watch hands have a mirror finish that will catch almost any light. When not even a glimmer of light is around to reflect, the face light clearly illuminates without being distractingly bright. In short, you would have to be practically blind to not be able to read the watch in just a glance in any lighting condition, which is something I can't say for many watches I have worn before.

Comfort:
I generally have trouble wearing watches, they tend to bother my wrist. I have no trouble with this watch! Between the light weight and plastic webbing strap, I can even sleep with it on.

Appearance & sound:
I have received a number of complements on this watch. Ticking is audible but low, shouldn't be a problem unless you sleep with it on your pillow.

Time:
I have had the watch now for a couple of weeks, and it hasn't lost any time at all. Not that I really expected it to, but I felt it was worth mentioning in a review for a watch.
on February 20, 2013
Color Name: Olive GreenVerified Purchase
I consider myself a minimalist, and this watch fits that style. After work, I usually just strip down to nothing, but the watch, oh the watch stays on baby.
on September 30, 2011
Color Name: PurpleVerified Purchase
I love this watch! I needed something that would keep the metal back off my wrist, so this seemed perfect. J.Crew sells several $100 - $200 versions of this Timex. I have no idea how they are selling any when you can get this nearly identical version for less than $30. This watch has a pretty large face. I would guess it is 1.5 inches across. I have the purple watch band, which I love, and hope to purchase some of the cute J.Crew bands that they come out with - if they fit (I don't see why they wouldn't). Super cute watch!
on December 28, 2012
Color Name: Cream/Silver/OliveVerified Purchase
Pros:
1. Accurate (15 sec slow after two months)
2. Low price
3. Clean, no frills face. The red second hand and cream face remind me of a school room clock.
4. Indiglo is really bright
5. Large, colorful collection of straps to pick from. I bought an extra beige strap from Target.
6. Straps are comfy.

Cons:
1. Ticking is insanely loud. Sometimes due to physical environment (cold air, enclosed space, quiet room). Sometimes due to mental issues (10 minutes left on engineering/math exam with ~40% of the test blank, trying to fall asleep).
2. Strap is uncomfortable for a day.

Note: If you don't mind the ticking, use can use it to psych out the students around you.
on November 5, 2011
Color Name: FuchsiaVerified Purchase
Well, it is a beautiful watch ~ nice clear face and steel frame, military numbering, attractive pink strap. In fact, I loved it. But, unfortunately, I had to return as within one week of wearing for about 2 days, the strap started to fray - both where the metal pin goes through to strap onto your wrist and also on the holes that were not being used. I originally purchased this to use in clinicals through nursing school but if it can't hold up to normal day to day use, then there is no way it will last through the rigors of clinical rotations. Sad to say, I returned it. I would repurchase if the strap was revised.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...