5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Inexpensive Excellent Watch Purchased on Amazon
I purchased a second Weekender watch after receiving the first one. Both are worth the price. They have easy to read faces in daylight or at night (the face lights up when you press the adjustment knob) and the band is durable and easily replaced. The design is not only practical but visually pleasing. I recommend these watches without reservation.
Published on December 9, 2011 by RossmoorWalnutCreeker

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but hard to read
Published on January 31, 2012 by David Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Inexpensive Excellent Watch Purchased on Amazon, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Timex T2N650KW Weekender Gray Slip Thru Nylon Strap Watch (Watch)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but hard to read, January 31, 2012
I really can't complain too much since it was under $30 and I do wear it quite often. I will say that what I'm most disappointed with is that the hands (being silver/chrome) are quite hard to read against the black background. I end up having to tilt my wrist a few times to catch the reflection of something to even see the minute and hour hands. I do like how the numbers are very easy to read and I even like the 24 hour time that is indicated on the dial. The Indiglo is a nice feature. Overall very satisfied for the price but should have gotten the lighter dial background with the dark hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Weekender, October 14, 2011
H. Diggins "K. Diggins" (Pittsford, VT United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great watch. Waterproof, lighted dial, easy to read, comfortable and affordable. It may not be a Rolex but it's just as good at keeping me on time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex weekend watch, November 2, 2011
I love the watch, nice looking and stylish and is a great Value for the price. My only gripe is the strap is a little short, I have about an 8 inch wrist and I have to buckle the 2nd to last hole

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, December 4, 2011
sent this to my dad for his birthday. he loves it. it's got a comfortable band, easy to read dial, durable, perfect watch watch for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, December 3, 2011
This watch is very sleek and functional. I would recommend this to anyone. It's smaller than i thought and light weight. I hope it last a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Glossy Hands Make it Hard to Read, August 23, 2014
This is a really solid watch and really nice looking. I would love it except for one thing: the hands are shiny metal, and therefore reflect the light coming at them. That means that the hands can be bright against the dark face or, and this is the bad part, dark against the dark face. I find myself about half the time having to rotate my wrist around back and forth until the hands reflect brightly ... meaning they "pop out" against the dark of the face so I can actually read the time. Granted, someone with younger eyes may not notice anything, but for me it's an irritation every time I look at my watch to read the time and can't read it immediately.

In other words, the nice contrast you see between the hands and the face in the image is only the "ideal" and in practice the hands almost never look as bright as you see in the pic.

Having said all that, it's a nice enough watch that I am going to end up purchasing another Weekender, but this time with the dark hands and the white face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap watch, February 20, 2014
I love this watch. Looks pretty good, very sturdy, easy to read time, light up face is useful.
After over a year of use the face is a bit scratched, but I really don't take much care about protecting it so I can't really blame the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars takes a lickin keeps on tickin, April 25, 2013
these watches are wonderful and work well, most of my timex watches have died of fashion not because they stopped working. this is a nice classic look and i should be able to wear it for many years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Design, April 24, 2013
Classic simple design. It's a Timex so I expect it to last. My only complaint is the length of the strap. The nylon strap which comes with it is a bit short for a man's wrist.