Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 5, 2012
Bought this watch in August 2012 for use on a trip. The black ion plating and general design of this watch is very attractive and feels very comfortable. I've had many compliments on this watch. The crystal in mineral glass, and is pretty scratch resistant. The back does not have a screw down case, it appears to be a press down type, and it's rated at 50m water resistance. I won't worry about scratches or the watch filling up with water though. Since I had this watch I used it swimming in a pool about 3 times a week, went on 2 camping trips and a couple fishing trips, as well as 3 hikes (one of which was to a waterfall), and this watch shows NO sign of wear or even a scratch. The numbers are silver, and is sometimes a bit difficult to see in direct sunlight, but adjusting the viewing angle usually sorts of the problem. The luminous hands glow really well on exposure to sunlight. To top it all off, this watch has the indiglo back light function, which is a great feature, it is very bright and in darkness you can get the time at a glance! Overall this is a great watch and was an excellent purchase. Highly recommended! See customer photos for the luminous hands and indiglo function!
review image review image review image review image
on October 9, 2011
I like the size of the watch and simplicity of the black dial. The resin strap is comfortable to wear. This is a beater watch that I can wear casually and not worry about getting a leather strap wet or scratching up a bracelet. The watch fits my requirements. I would not wear this when swimming though because it does not have a screw down back and the water resistance is rated at 50m only.

There is a small arrow pointing toward a groove on the back at the 2 o'clock position. I assume this is a guide to pry from here to open the back when replacing the battery. The movement is loud, I can hear the ticking when it is quiet. This seems to be a common thing for timex as I have read other reviewers mention this.

There are two minor points about the watch that I don't like. The number on the non rotating bezel at the five minute position is "05" instead of "5" and I dislike the red marker at the 12 o'clock position. My wife thinks it looks cheap but I am happy with it.
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2011
I've always been a fan of Timex watches, and as someone who recently made the transition from metal bands to the rubber and resin straps, this watch is a perfect blend of function and fashion. It's a simple but attractive watch without any fancy bells and whistles....and the rubber band is pretty comfortable and fits well if you have smaller wrists. It's also a good size and weight; not too big and not too heavy. Overall, this is a very nice watch for every day practical use that looks good, feels good, and an excellent watch for the price.

UPDATED 8/5/13
I was going through my purchases and remembered this watch from when I bought it about 2 or 3 years ago and giving it some thought, I decided to update the review to mention the bezel does NOT rotate and the smaller minutes inside the face are NOT military hours. I wondered why they would put a red hour marker on the bezel and not have it rotate to mark time? I think it kind of defeats the purpose of putting a red indicator on the bezel if it's not going to turn, and secondly, having the smaller minutes inside the face is redundant; no need to have more minute markers inside when they're already on the outside. If anything, having military (24 hour) time inside the face would have been useful, but with these two 'design flaws' I give this watch 4 out of 5 stars. I originally bought this as a work watch (law enforcement) and was a little let down with the non-rotating bezel and not having the 24 hour markers but those are the only two 'bad' things I can say about this watch. The battery is still going too, by the way, which is more than I can say about my two year old Victorinox Swiss Army chrono that needs a new battery!
on January 1, 2012
This watch was a gift for my Dad for Christmas. It's a nice watch for normal wear or special occasions. The numbers on the inside are silver, not white, but that's easily cleared up by the back light which shines brightly. It has a good weight to it and it keeps very good track of time. Go ahead and buy it!
on May 17, 2013
The watch looks good enough in photos, but in real-life use the numerals and other indices are actually chrome-plated, and in most lighting situations actually make it difficult to read the position of the hands unless you move around the position of the watch relative to the light source.

Had the hands and indices been a flat-white paint then this would have been a super, low-cost watch.
on May 4, 2012
I've only had the watch a day, and I really do like it. I bought it out of neccessity. I recently started a job working outdoor concerts and events, and since I'm not allowed a cell phone, my current time piece, I had to have a watch. I was looking for something practical, reliable, outdoorsy, water resistant, looked half way decent, and most importantly, at a good price. I looked at Fossil & Seiko, but they were just too expensive, and Casio seemed too cheap. I bought mine locally at Target because I couldn't wait to have it shipped, so it was $5 more than the Amazon price.

Now for the features. This watch is very comfortable to wear. It's lightweight and the resin band is great! The dial is larger than the old school military style watches that Timex seems to have a million variations, and looks great on my wrist. The indiglo isn't quite as bright as I'd like on this particular watch, but that's because of the black face. It's very easy to read, especially when I just glance at it while driving. It's always nice to have the date, but I'm not crazy about the font they used for it. A very minor cosmetic thing, and not really an issue. There's a bit of redundancy on the face. The non-moving dial has numbers on it, but the same numbers are on the inside of the watch as well, which just seems like Timex wasn't sure about what to put where. Either put one set of numbers, or allow the dial to move. I could take or leave the big red triangle at 12:00, but it doesn't bother me.

Timex has been around forever, so I expect this to last at least five years, but it should last longer. It serves the purpose I bought it for, and I'm pleased with the product.
on July 4, 2016
I have let fall my previous T2N694 on the tiled deck pool.
It was more than 3 years old and I used it frequently in my salted swimming pool and also in the sea.
Some corrosion spots are visible after this long and severe treatment.
I have just bought exactly the same because in my opinion, this is a very good product.
review image
on February 6, 2016
This a very nice everyday watch. It is inexpensive enough so if something happens to it (something will) its not a huge loss.
Looks good with anything I would wear. My only complaint, and this is a small complaint, is that the red second hand dial is hard to see. Sometimes it almost disappears. Some people might like that, but I like to see my second hand too.
on October 20, 2015
First watch they sent was missing the crown (the little knob you turn to set the time), which I should have taken as my sign. The indiglo function has already gone out on the second watch after two weeks. Other than these reliability concerns, the watch looks good and fits comfortably. My first resin strap watch and I have to say, I like it.
on May 21, 2012
I bought this watch as a gift at the end of April.My husband was so pleased to get a watch that was keeping time so well. Then he went into a POOL with it less than a month after purchase - it stopped working and the stem fell off. It was suppose to be water resistant up to 50 meters ! There is still (2 days later) water inside the crystal. What has happened to the quality of the Timex?