Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 6, 2014
This is my second Timex Flyback Chronograph, the first being a T2P381, which is comfortable to wear, keeps time well, and I like the unique look, display and features. Overall, the Flyback Chronograph series "look and feel" is above its price point.
I would prefer conventional luminous markings, and the "Indiglo" feature is a bit lame, but better than no illumination at all.
The quality of the band doesn't live up to the rest of the watch.

I didn't "need" another Timex Flyback Chronograph, but the watch was visually appealing, and when Amazon put it on sale for 20% off, I couldn't keep from pressing the BUY button....

The watch I received has the correct part number (T2N931DH) on the box, however is visually different than the picture and the description (see pics attached). I suspect that Amazon used a Timex stock photo for the posting, but the Timex website does not list the T2N931DH watch, and web searches for other sites show similar pics to the one Amazon posted. :(

The Amazon description reads: "Silver-tone watch in stainless steel with gold-tone contrasts..."
The watch received is MATTE BLACK. Nice looking, but not what I expected.
The hands in the photo show distinctive yellow/gold highlights that contrast with the black face and the white hands. The yellow is actually polished gold that must be positioned exactly right in the correct light to look like the photo...

The band in the picture is a medium brown leather with a patina finish. The band on the watch is actually a very dark brown, nearly black, matte finish.

None of these are deal breakers, and I still think the watch is a good value, but the watch I ordered was not the watch I received...

Overall, the watch as advertised would be is a 4.5 star (half a star off for the band), but the borderline "bait and switch" advertising cost another star... Since 3.5 stars is not an option, I gave it four...
review image review image review image review image
on December 9, 2014
Very beautiful watch! I didn't like the case color that Amazon showed here because it's silver, but after read some reviews I realized the case is actually dark brown, almost black, and I liked that color. So I'm posting some pictures to show you the color Amazon shows in this announce for this 'DH' model is wrong.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 3, 2016
The watch was fine when I received it, but after 7-8 months it started losing time - first a few minutes and then hours. I replaced the battery and it only got worse. The watch runs, but loses like 7 hours in two days. Amazon returns can only be made within 30 days. Timex will not accept returns unless it is directly purchased from them and then only 30 days. I called Timex and they informed me that the warranty was one year and the only costs would be shipping and handling.

I have had a Seiko watch for nearly 15 years that keeps perfect time and requires a batter every 5 years or so. Previously I had owned many Timex watches and never had an issue before - they all worked great!

I will update this review after I receive the repaired watch back from Timex.

Update: Sent watch to Timex for warranty repair. Process took 2-3 weeks, but I received the watch back with a bill for $8 for shipping and handling. I believe they replaced the watch versus repairing it as it came with a new watchband and has worked perfectly since I received it. My faith in Timex is restored!!
on January 25, 2015
A good watch, however the colour is black rather than sliver shown in the picture, and the watch did not come with a manual and warranty card.
review image review image
on March 31, 2014
Incredible timepiece. The dial is easy to read and the date window is clean and easily located. The watch is waterproof down to 300 feet. The unique flyback system is both accurate and fascinating to watch. The price is much lower than I would expect for a watch of this quality.
on December 14, 2014
Haven't owned a Timex in ages, so maybe I was waxing nostalgic when I bought this one. That, and it looks pretty nice in the photos. But I can't say the asking price justifies what you get here.

First impressions can mean a lot, both for seeing the watch and if you are considering giving this one as a gift. It comes in a thin red & black cardboard box with the TIMEX logo and a cutout on one side to view the sticker on the bottom of the watch stand. And what does it say on that sticker? "Movement Philippines Strap China". So the first impression reads: cheap all over. If you give it as a gift, in that packaging it may not be saying what you want it to say to the person receiving it.

On to the watch itself:

I'm putting this at the top of the list, because it will be a deal breaker right here for a lot of people. It says in the product description "Band length | Men's Standard" - what the heck is that supposed to mean? It means they are hiding the fact that this has a short band. The overall length on the watch is 10 inches, the usable length to the last position for the buckle - barely 9 inches. That's right folks - the band won't fit anyone with a wrist larger than nine inches, to be safe and allow for comfort better to say 8.5 inches.

What you do get of the band is comfortable. It's what I would call a chocolate brown in a matte finish, soft leather.

Mine arrived mostly as shown in the product images: White on black dial in what I would call a gunmetal gray two-tone case. The front facing parts are matte, the side of the case is highly polished. It's not what I would call "silver" as described though.

Overall, the impression I have is this one looks nicer in the photos than in hand. Photo: hands look like a nice, matte gold. In hand: hands are bright shiny brass looking. I don't care for the look of the shiny finish hands. They just look cheap. Right now that's the thing that is putting me off the overall look of the watch the most. If anything could clash with the black dial - these do. The same goes for the function pushers and crown. Photo: matte gold. In hand: bright shiny brassy looking color.

Inidglo backlight lights the entire dial face and makes it easy for me to see the hand positions and tell the time. Not sure why there are complaints about that.

Not a lot to set here and easy to do without the instructions even. Standard three position crown for settings: Position three for time, position two for date. But it does have one odd and useless feature: The upper left hand of the chronograph also serves as a second time zone "thing" of sorts. It has a 24 hour time function that you can set for a secondary time zone. Considering it's expressing that time on a 24 hour flyback scale with one hand it serves little functionality.But you may as well set it for something because when the chronograph function isn't in use it defaults to this secondary time zone thing it does with the upper hand. To do that setting you will need to resort to the instruction manual.

The bottom line is this one comes down to aesthetics and for me it's not working. It's too many finishes and colors, as if the design department couldn't make up their mind and just gave up. Brown band... black face...gunmetal color case... shiny here... not shiny there... and the shiny brassy hands, pushers and crown I got on mine just sunk the whole concept. Not sure if I'm keeping it, but I know I'm not in love with this one either.
on March 13, 2015
Very cool watch. Chronograph functions are fun. Dual time feature can also be used as a 24H feature. A very nice watch that keeps time well and has a great appearance. I've received many compliments on the watch.
on May 3, 2015
 The watch looks fine. But I minus 2 points, as you can see the buckle of the band is scratched when I just release it from the package. How can this pass the quality control? Actually I still can go ahead with this watch, but it really makes me uncomfortable and disappointed.
on February 13, 2016
Beautiful wristwatch. Very classy and looks more expensive than it is. Unfortunately the piece I purchased didn't keep the correct time. It must have been the battery - probably been with the seller for a while, so I had to return it. The least I expect from a watch is for it to keep the correct time (at least at the time of purchase).
on February 16, 2015
As another reviewer mentioned, this is NOT the watch you will receive. The case is a matte *DARK* grey, not stainless as it appears. The band is also much darker than what is shown, also feels.. not cheap, but not quality either. The gold hardware is a little glitzy, but not too much to be distracting.

Performance it's a 5/5 however. The chronograph works splendid, and the movement is not loud at all, like other timex watches. I'm going ot be keeping this watch, as it does match many of the outfits I wear, just not the ones I wanted it to :|