5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, durable watch
Published on March 30, 2006 by Steve Heinrich

1.0 out of 5 stars the watch had taken a licking, and was ticking, BUT....
Unfortunately, the watch had taken a licking somewhere and was still ticking, but it was impossible to set the time and date. The watch stem was broken off and the watch was running. The rubber thing that was supposed to be in place to keep the watch from starting until you removed it was in the box also. I sent it back. Packaging was sufficient, the interior box that...
Published 22 months ago by GrouchyJohn

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, durable watch, March 30, 2006
This review is from: Timex Men's T40011 Expedition Camper Black Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch (Watch)
This watch is wonderful and has great features. It's easy to put on and take off and the nylon band is comfortable. The face of it is easy to read and it has a great indiglo light that just uses the set button. It's great to have the date on the face as well. Best of all it's durable. I have knocked it into walls, stepped on it, sat on it, and banged it into numerous surfaces and it came out with little despair. It's definitely a good watch for the outdoors. Timex makes a good watch and this is no exception. I love it, it's just a cool watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, January 15, 2007
The watch came in the mail and I set the correct time and forget it. I love that the hands can be seen in the dark and just push the crown and get the green dayglo light to see even better. Since I have poor vision without my glasses, I can now tell what time it is during the night. My only complaint is that the date number is too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for a new Timex!, April 4, 2007
Let me start off by saying,I have been wearing wrist watches for some 5o+ years,and all my watches have been Timex. Although certainly not the most expensive,they are without a doubt one of the most dependable and accurate watches money can buy.This watch is just as described,indiglo lighted dial and luminus hands to see in the dark. Would like to have a little bit larger date to make reading it easy? The strap is a fast strap with velcro closers.These straps have worked quite well for me,this is the 3rd. watch they have been on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy knocking around watch, strap could be better, August 23, 2006
I had a few requirements when buying this watch: indiglo (or similar night light feature), lightweight, velcro strap, and cheap. This watch meets all the requirements. I like to be able to wake up in the middle of the night and know what time it is, and this watch is perfect for that. The velcro strap makes it comfortable to sleep in, wrap on a beach bag handle, pull off quickly in a pinch, etc. etc. My one quibble with it is that the velcro is getting a little hairy and unruly. I cannot see it lasting as long as the watch itself. Still -- a minor criticism. I'd buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific watch for the money, November 29, 2008
I'm an old woman who doesn't like ditzy watches. This watch has a big face, and actual numbers. No slashes or dashes. When i look at my wrist I can see what time it is right away. The velcro strap is easy on and off, and the watch weighs practically nothing. When I wake up in the middle of the night this great watch tells me what time it is with out having to turn on a light. love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars watch, July 10, 2007
I bougt this watch for my husband who is very tough on his watches. He loves it and so far it has held up to the abuse of a construction worker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch ever, December 3, 2012
I've had this watch for 5 or 6 yrs. now, same model, on my second battery, and it's the only gadget that has never yet let me down. I wear it day and night, for yardwork, washing the car, bicycling, you name it. Water resistant, easy-to-clean strap, very durable. Excellent face w/large numbers (that's why I bought it, I don't want to guess the time). It does scratch easily, but it's also easy to 'rub' the scratches off; after a while at least I can't see them anymore. If you want a watch that is reliable, takes hard knocks and the occasional squall without complaining, and if you like modern and functional design over frou-frou (this is NOT a dress watch), you can't go wrong here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex watch, April 7, 2007
Peter S "Peter" (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA) - See all my reviews
Very good watch. The second-hand is difficult to see, but I rarely need it. I bought this particular watch because the hour and minute hands are easy to see. The strap uses velcro as a fastener, and it is a little difficult to put through the loop. Those are minor problems, and on the whole I am very satisfied with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the velcro strap !, April 4, 2007
Great watch at a good price. I can't read a digital watch without my glasses , so analog is the way to go for me. I really purchased this watch because of the velcro strap. They are so easy to adjust to fit any size wrist and they are waterproof. I don't have to worry about getting it wet when I go fishing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Expedition Watch review, March 8, 2007
The watch keeps time accurately and is lightweight but I'm having some trouble with the date advancing properly.