Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

• Customer Reviews

on April 16, 2010
My dad wanted a watch. He is very old and cannot deal with digital watches. He also cannot wear metal wrist bands. He also cannot maneuver wrist buckle straps. So I decided to order this for my dad. He loves this watch. It is easy to take on and off with the velco strap. It is easy to set. It lights up at night. The dial is just the right side. The numbers are clear and there is a sweep hand. He is crazy about this watch. After a few months, he lost this watch at the nursing home. So I ordered a second one, without delay.
on December 7, 2011
I bought this watch as a "sports/toss-around" watch to wear when doing athletic activities and "manual-labor".
I must say, my only two "complaints" are the crystal scratched pretty easily and I have a hard time seeing the date function in the dark, even with the INDIGLO feature.
As far as the crystal scratching easily is concerned, I didn't really notice it until after spending a whole day in the woods cutting down trees and lugging wood around. The scratches are hardly noticeable (in my opinion) and do not hinder my ability to read the time quickly and efficiently, especially in low/no-light situations.
The date function isn't really important to me to begin with so not being able to read it in the dark is a non-issue for me, but I thought I'd mention it in-case it is important to someone else.
I think one more thing I should mention, and I see this as a reoccurring issue in all analogue watches, is that the date constantly ends up being a day off here and there. Although, this is because the date function on analog watches have either thirty or thirty-one day dials with no ability to choose the month you are actually on. So, this just means that once a month you're going to have to manually change the date, which only takes about 30 seconds (that includes taking the watch off your wrist, changing the date, and then continuing to put the watch back on).

Last, but not least, I think this watch is nice/functional enough to give to my Grand-Father for Christmas.
Hope this helps you make a decision as to the quality of this watch.
on January 18, 2011
This is a great basic watch. It's face is clean and easy to read, especially good for baby boomers with older eyes! The Timex "indiglo" is a wonderful feature. It looks neat on the wrist, with easy velcro strap. After years of fussing with watches with too many features that are hard to access, it was great to find an old standard.
on October 16, 2011
I am 67 years old and just wanted a plain old easy to read, easy to set, dependable watch. Well this is just what the Dr ordered. Nice big numbers and hands, that really glow in the dark and it keeps good time. Only improvement I would make would be to have the date window bigger, it is hard for old eyes to see sometimes. I love that it only has one button to mess with, that one does it all with a push getting u the bright back-light. My kind of watch!!!
on January 10, 2011
IF you are an outdoors type, wanting a watch that's not too big, easy to read day or night, with a sturdy web band and velcro-----this is the ticket. I have been looking for the perfect watch for a long time and this is it for me. It's nice looking for casual dress and tolerant of heat and cold with the nice web band. I should have quit buying leather, metal, and plastic bands when I quit buying leather seats for my vehicles!!!! I am thinking about ordering another in case they quit making this style.
on May 9, 2012
This watch is exactly what I was looking for- velcro band with an easy to read face. The strap could run a little short for someone with thick wrists, but it works well for my average-sized wrists. The indiglo feature is just a bonus. Not the prettiest watch out there, but it does its job and that's what I needed.
on June 14, 2016
I have a variety of watches, from basic to 1,000.00 dollar plus. But I find I like this as my everyday and casual watch. Why?

1. The lume for a watch of this price point is better than some diver watches. You can see the hands at night ,and if you are without glasses or have vision issues the Indiglo night light is a push away.

2. Waterproof...been swimming, in shower, great.

3. Lightweight...this watch is so light barely feel it. Love that factor. Can loosen strap as needed. Love it that is not a Big Ben attached to wrist like so many watches today, and will fit under sleeves easily.

4. Love the velcro fast wrap. No leather or metal bands to leave marks on arms, if you sweat in summer just wash it out. Odor is not an issue and I am pretty active.

5. For the price point, you can buy quite a few of these for the price of one Seiko or Citizen or more.

Love this watch!
on April 29, 2016
This is a good looking, affordable, lightweight, and sturdy watch. The current model that I received is actually rated water resistant to 100m, not 50m. (This rating is confirmed on the Timex website.) Also, be forewarned, if you want to change bands, the width between the strap lugs is 20mm (actually 19.98mm) not 18mm, so a 20mm band fits fine, whereas the pins on most 18mm bands are too short.
on January 21, 2013
I bought this for my grandson for Christmas. He wanted a metal watch with a metal band but he is only 10 and none of the "Men's" watches would have fit his small wrist without taking a lot of links out. At first I think he was a little disappointed in this watch but after wearing it to school and getting positive remarks from his friends he now loves the watch. The nylon/Velcro band adjust small enough for his wrist. The dial is easy to read and can even light up for viewing at night. I would buy again.
on February 13, 2016
Just what I needed! My last watch went dead on me about four days ago.ThisTimex is a small face watch,but you'have to be blind not to see the numerals on the face of it! Another bonus is that it has a Indiglo light for night viewing.It's not big and flashy,but it does the job! "I want to thank you!"