Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Brown/Green|Change

on April 24, 2008
Looks as sharp and functions as well as another "Field Watch" that I paid over $100 for. My other watch didn't have the Indiglo feature and required a special jeweler's tool a to change the battery. I can change the battery on this one myself. A good watch at a good price.

Update July 2, 2009 to my April '08 review. Has taken a lickin' and still keeps tickin' John Cameron Swayze has been proven right. I highly recommend this watch.
April 2013 - Still ticking!
July 2015 - I lost it. Ordered another.
22 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2007
When you're not in the mood for the bling of the techno-plastic digital watch, which mascarades as a heartrate monitor, PDA, cell phone, egg beater, this old reliable takes care of business and looks pretty snappy too.
on August 21, 2012
Make no mistake - this cheap Timex is no high-end watch, by any stretch of the imagination. It bears all the hallmarks of a cheap watch: Chrome-plated brass case instead of solid steel, low water resistance, that characteristically loud Timex tick. But overall it's still a solid watch for the price. It tells the time with quartz accuracy, lights up like a torch at night, and looks decent doing it. The dial design is a standard field watch in a classic smaller size and a less standard olive green color. For the record, the watch size is more like 36mm than the 40mm listed in the item description. The brass case has a nice brushed-looking finish and a good heft for its size. I swapped out the flimsy leather band for an olive-and-red striped NATO, which improves the simple, rugged look of the watch. Though only rated to 5 ATM, I have worn the watch swimming without problems.

This watch is a good option if you're looking for something simple, modest, and understated that will tell you the time without breaking the bank.
review image
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
I received my watch two days after ordering and when I took it out of the box it looked much nicer than it looked online. The face is an off white, almost beige color against the dark chrome body and then a very dark brown strap, which I think all looks very nice together. The body is smaller than most men's watches nowadays but that's okay because I have a small wrist. The time and date were easy to set and it's been keeping excellent time so far. I really like the indiglo feature also. I'm very pleased with this product and very glad I ordered it.
on June 25, 2008
Cool looking watch which keeps time quite well. I check it periodically against the US Naval official time and it does not lose any appreciable time.
Some reviewers have noted the band to be somewhat stiff and thick; it does seem this way at first, but after repeated wear the band conforms nicely to your wrist. It appears quite durable as well.

The date box is easy to read on this model; not so with some of the other expeditions. Any yes, you do need to reset the date after months with less than 31 days; I use this as an opportunity to check and reset the time as well.
on October 10, 2012
What can you say about a classic watch design/company? Simple design, looks great, elicits compliments all the time. People look at a Rolex and assume it's a fake. They see a Timex, especially one like the Expedition, on your wrist and understand you're not trying to prove anything or play the "bling" game. You either like this style or you don't and if you do...just buy it.
on February 27, 2014
This is a good choice for an "everyday" watch. It looks good (better than the picture), and I really like the Indiglo feature. A couple of comments about other reviews that I read. Several reviewers commented on the size of the watch. It is a little smaller than other watches that I've had, but I don't think that I would have noticed if I hadn't read that in the reviews. Not a big difference. Also noted in several reviews was that the ticking was loud. I don't know if improvements have been made, but I can't hear it at all. Highly recommended! >>> UPDATE <<< I've had the watch for almost a year now, and even with almost everyday use, I haven't had any problem with the wristband.
on May 10, 2013
Never take it off - swim, shower, wash dishes etc. Keeps perfect time. I would highly recommend this product for someone who cares more about practicality than status.
on March 30, 2015
Between the metal case, the leather strap, and the simple face, this watch maintains an classic feel suitable for any situation, casual or formal, while still maintaining a good balance between aesthetic and function. As can be expected from any genuine leather product, the band will age with wear (generally darkening to a deep mahogany), which in my opinion improves the appearance and adds individual character. I'm not sure if the watch started this way or if the color is lighter in the product picture, but the metal casing seems to have darkened somewhat as well. The attached picture is of the watch after about three months of continual wear.
review image
on November 17, 2008
My first Timex Expedition watch lasted over 15 years and definitely took a lickin' and kept on tickin'. It's great outdoors for hiking or skiing. I like the backlight to see the time at night or during a boring movie. If all you need is a basic durable watch this is perfect. I was happy to find a new one at a great price from Amazon.