5.0 out of 5 stars Just a very cool watch.
Let's face it, this is just a very cool watch. I mean, just look at it. Straight-forward, no-nonsense, and easy to read. Nothing techno-geeky about it.
Published on May 26, 2004 by James Kielland

3.0 out of 5 stars CAVEAT: LOUD!!!
Published on June 14, 2010 by David Hong

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a very cool watch., May 26, 2004
James Kielland (Montezuma, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
Timex produces a number of such watches that are an ideal choice for outdoor activities. They are durable, resistant to the elements, and if they are lost it's no big deal. And is anyone going to rob you for a watch that costs less than $30? If they do, so what? Something to keep in mind if you do a lot of travelling.
On the practical side, I find nylon and leather watches straps to be far more comfortable than metal-link bands under most situations. Particularly when out all day in the sun.
There is a time and a place for watches that are essentially jewelry. But when travelling or in the outdoors it's nice to have a watch that is comfortable, absolutely dependable, and something you're not at all worried about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Deal!, August 20, 2006
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
I got this watch six years ago, when I was working at Fort Knox, Kentucky. I'm in the military, its dial shows the 24 hours and even better, It works just like the first day I bought it. It doesn't have a date window, but maybe "simple things are better things" ;-) . I recommend it at a 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth for the Money : Simple and Solid, January 9, 2007
Amazon Customer (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
It is worth, for the Money i paid 17 US$ , for a simple watch. black color display gives additional look, and so far working good.

A good sports and casual watch

I am still using this watch. I love it. I use it when I play badminton, and jog, and even to my office.
im still wearing it use it everyday. still the same original battery.
A good watch for out door jogging and riding.

Now it is 2013 , January .. Im still using it almost everyday , for my sporting activities... The same original battery.. still working solid... Unbelievable...

Now it is end of 2013 ( 16th Dec 2013).. It is unbelievable.. that the original Battery still works.. over 8 years .. Does Timex still make the same watch with the same battery ?...I still use this watch everyday for my sporting activities...

5.0 out of 5 stars this watch literally saved the day, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
my dad had this watch and wore it for years (like years upon years--- i remember him wearing the same watch when i was 5) well just a few months ago it broke and he has not been able to find another one (mind you, he never gets online and doesn't know that you can find just about anything on the internet) my mom bought him a more sporty version by timex from wal-mart, and he wears it, but is secretly broken inside because it wasn't "his" watch. i decided to buy him the timex expedition in green canvas because it is identical to the watch he had that had broke and give it to him for Christmas. so today, my mom and dad were late for lunch because they were at radio shack trying to get his wal-mart timex fixed (apparently the second hand broke---long story short, it's shot)he looked all sad and depressed because he was without ANY watch--- he looked like a beat puppy when showing me his naked wrist with a tan mark where the watches had once resided. and it just so happened that the brand new timex expedition original "his" watch i had ordered came in the mail THIS MORNING!!!! so i gave him his Christmas present early and i kid you not, i'm pretty sure i saw a single tear drop roll sentimentally down his stubbled cheek. it was like something you see in the movies. epic. thanks timex for making such a nostalgic memory. and thank you for creating such a watch that would move my salty hardass dad. i know it made his day. and it made my day seeing a simple thing like a watch (a great quality watch) bring a little joy to an old man :)

3.0 out of 5 stars CAVEAT: LOUD!!!, June 14, 2010
David Hong (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
Hard to complain because the watch i received was exactly how it looked on the website. Unfortunately, there wasn't an audio clip in the product description that would've described how prominent the TICK-TICK-TICKing on this timepiece really is. Call it high-maintenance, but I have to keep this watch in the bathroom with the door closed to get some shut-eye. Barring the noise, I think it's a nice, handsome watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hip, loud, understated., May 22, 2013
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
This fills a niche left by my very expensive Citizen Eco drive. That's a solar powered, elegant and rugged metal strap watch that's in the 2-3 hundo range.

The problem with the metal band is that when sweating, I get a black ring around my wrist. I dunno what this blackness is, maybe the blackness of the heart of the taskmaster who wrought its steel from the belly of the forge.

Anyway, this camper watch doesn't leave such a mark. Boom, +1 star.

Also while exercising, no one wants their expensive watch scratched or dirtied. So far, this thing keeps on ticking, despite the occasional licking (I have a dog). Star number the 2nd!

The dial glows in the dark at the appropriate points. Chalk up one more star.

I've noticed that watches are getting bigger. So big, in fact, that people are walking with an obvious tilt. This is a very counter-culture statement, and canvas strap camping watch for 20-something dollars. I could buy 1 a year for ten years, make interest on the remainder in the bank and walk away better off than with the citizen. +1

When my wife gave birth to our second kid, she complained about how loudly it was ticking. The other night I forgot to leave it in a hermetically sealed acoustic chamber, and she threw it at me while I was brushing my teeth. Minus 1 star.

What are we at? 3? 3 it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the JCrew Timex, February 4, 2010
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch because I loved the vintage Timex that JCrew used in all of their female catalog shoots. However, I didn't want the pay the $150 JCrew price. This watch is a perfect $20 substitute. I love the military fashion statement and I wear it all the time. It fits perfectly on my female wrist and looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for a nursing student, November 4, 2006
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
We were required to get a analogue watch for our nursing program, I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but I wanted a watch that would last. Well this watch filled this need! After nearly 3 months of constant wear the watch continues to keep perfect time. The band is a bit discolored, is now more of a yellowish gold, but remains functional. If you need an inexpensive watch I would suggest this one, it worked wonderfully for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch for a small arm, February 19, 2010
This review is from: Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch (Watch)
If you're looking for a simple, no-frills watch for someone with a slender wrist, this is hard to beat. It's nicely sized for such people, the strap isn't overly long, and it wears very comfortably. It looks great, it tells accurate time, and does nothing else - no illuminator button or anything else to run down the battery. It's very easy to read day or night. The hands, hour markers and second hand are all brightly luminous, and a few seconds' exposure to a bright bulb keeps them glowing all night. The ticking can be loud, but usually it's not all that noticeable unless you're one of those people who are bothered by such noises. (I wear it snugly, which seems to help muffle the sound.) It's water resistant against splashes, but not immersion, so it can be worn in the shower, but not while bathing or swimming. My only concerns about it are the plastic crystal and the durability of the strap. The strap is very thin nylon, but seems to hold up well, and dries out almost immediately if it gets wet. The hook on the buckle has a lot of play, so it can be a little tricky to line up with a hole in the strap. Also, the buckle tended to itch a little until I got used to it. The watch case is almost more brown than green, so if the strap does wear out or fail, I'm sure a conventional leather strap would look fine on it if the nylon strap it comes with is unavailable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Watch, November 5, 2007
I love this watch: it has absolutely no frills, feels great on my wrist, and looks fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Timex Men's T41711 Camper Green Fabric Strap Watch