This Timex Watch (but not any battery, crystal, band, or strap) is warranted to the owner for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of purchase against defects in manufacture by Timex Corporation. Timex will not repair defects relating to servicing not performed by Timex Corporation. This limited warranty applies to US Customers.
With the launch of its first watch in November 1974, Casio entered the wristwatch market at a time when the watch industry had just discovered digital technology. As a company with cutting-edge electronic technology developed for pocket calculators, Casio entered this field confident that it could develop timepieces that would lead the market.
Today, Casio is focusing its efforts on solar-powered radio-controlled watches: the built-in solar battery eliminates the nuisance of replacing batteries, atomic timekeeping means the users never have to reset the time. Recently, Casio launched a series of Bluetooth watches that sync to the users cell phone to automatically update the time. Casio is always moving time forward.
- Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 3 x 2.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- ASIN: B0000TIIVO
- Item model number: T44442
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2001
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||37 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band width||18 millimeters|
|Water resistant depth||50 Meters|
Top Customer Reviews
+ real easy read dial
+ the matte finish charcoal color dial and oxidized silver color compass ring look very good
+ big bold needles
+ two time zones apart from the analog time, that way you can have two alarms and one really useable alternate time zone (since the alarms are dependant on the digital time, one digital time is wasted as it would have to be exactly corresponding to the analog time)
+ the fastwrap strap makes my tiny wrists look bigger :)
+ I like that this does not use the crown wheel, which is supposed to be a 'feature' of many other Timexes but is actually a big pain to use.
- the digital display is a bit small and the shadow from the dial falls on it, making it a little hard to read
- the second time zone can have a different hour, date, day but not a different minute (I find this really stupid, but most Timexes have this problem)
- the strap looks cheap.
- does not have the FLIX feature.
- all alarms correspond to the digital time. This means that if you want the alarm to ring at say 7 am, your analog time and the digital time zone 1 have to be exactly the same so that when the analog time is 7 your digital time is also 7 and the alarm rings. I would have liked the alarms to correspond to the analog time alone, so that i can truly have independant time zones in the digital display. But this is problem with most combo Timexes I checked out.
The instructions appear to have been written in another language and then translated into English, etc. It took a couple of days of "trial and error" to determine the sequence of the various settings. Once determined, however, they are easy to work. The 'tech-writer' needs to get a life............certainly can't hack what he's doing now!
- the glass was partially scratched already on arrival...
- the indiglo backlight doesnt cover all of the watch area, with a small area being left out which indeed disturbs..
- the strap could have been of better quality - looks and feels cheap...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It looked nice when I opened the package. I got one with a dead battery and it has been in a drawer since. When I bought it the price was almost double it is now. Read morePublished on July 4, 2010 by bmark
i bought this timex expedition cuz i thot it looked sporty. and it does. has both analog and digital so its handy. Read morePublished on January 3, 2007 by Exploration
I like the Indiglo ligth, it glow ligth a car dashboad meters at nigth.Published on November 9, 2006 by Jerry Chua
Watch works well but it is hard to read at the bottom because it is too small. Also when the alarm is set I cannot unset it. Very confusing.Published on November 5, 2006 by Allan Tampellini
My husband had this same watch for years and wanted to replace the exact same one. We gave up looking for it in the stores and went on line. Read morePublished on August 7, 2006 by O-L-S
Just the way I expected.......it's a cool watch......but I would prefer the controls to be a bit more simple......its difficult to figure out in the first attempt..... Read morePublished on July 15, 2006 by Imtiaz Ahmed Taher